MarkWVU02

What do Notre Dame and Marijuana have in common?

My bad. I meant to say all the characters in Deliverance looked like they studied at WVU. The banjo kid (the one whose eyes were too close together) looks like WVU valedictorian material.

That's funny because West Virginia University has 24 Rhodes Scholars...Notre Dame 14

I'm a midwesterner at heart. I hate pretty much every school in the south.

West Virginia was part of the North during the civil war that's why it became a state.

Also funny how you make fun of WVU on a gun forum when the WVU rifle team is the a nation leading 14 time national champion.

West Virginia was part of the North during the civil war that's why it became a state.

Also funny how you make fun of WVU on a gun forum when the WVU rifle team is the a nation leading 14 time national champion.

Funny how you make fun of ND for not closing the deal when WVU is the winningest team in college football without a national championship. I guess we both have a strange sense of humor. I'll happily take shit from 'Bama retards. At least they are tough.

I'm a midwesterner at heart. I hate pretty much every school in the south.

Is that because they kick your ass in football every year or that the schools are better? UGA grad here,

By they way I have a hard time saying WVU is a southern school...take a look at a map. But in this discussion I will defend it.

If you want to know the truth, I'm just jealous. All that thar book learning don't get you anywhere. When society collapses, the hill folk will be the only ones left. They hunt, grow their own tobacky and make their own 'shine.

Heck, they probably wouldn't even notice that society collapsed, except they will lose their supply of cough syrup for making meth.

If you want to know the truth, I'm just jealous. All that thar book learning don't get you anywhere. When society collapses, the hill folk will be the only ones left. They hunt, grow their own tobacky and make their own 'shine.

Heck, they probably wouldn't even notice that society collapsed, except they will lose their supply of cough syrup for making meth.

Wow love the sarcasm. Funny, I'm born and raised in NJ. Went to WVU because it was a great school...both academically and socially (number 1 party school multiple times). I love the outdoors and WV has some great spots to hike and camp. Also met some of the best people I know there. I don't really care what people say about WV because I know how some places in the state can be but Morgantown is 70 miles south of Pittsburgh and has more of the northern feel to it. Unlike Marshall in Huntington.

Just because I've seemed to offend you with a joke here's a WV one for you...

What does a girl from WV say after sex?

Get off me Pa, you're crushing my smokes.

Never said I went to any.

Then STFU and discuss football teams only. Having lived and worked all over the US I have met retards in every corner of this great nation... From Cal to Conn.... From Texas to Michigan. If you telling me that WVU has the market cornered on hicks you need to get out more. They have their fair share, but no more or no less then any other rural state.

Let me give you a great example of why I love WV folks. Many people here know I work for FEMA in Emergency Managenent. Last July when the Derecho storm ripped through the Midwest it passed through WV and knocked 60% of the power out in the state and stopped in Md. Now I will make a joke that is was no big deal, that most of those folks in WV just got power about 5 months ago, so it was no big loss to them, but the reality was it it hard at a time when the temps were in the 90s there. The citizens of Md were screaming for baby food, diapers, ice, tents, food, clothing you name it.. they needed everything. You know what the WVs requested..... bottled water, bottled oxygen for the ederley and chainsaws. They all thawed their meat freezers full of game, got the chainsaws working, cleared the power lines for the ELEC COs and had a big old statewide BBQ. They are the last eastern state with real self sufficient citizens, hard working, church going and freedom loving.

Ok, I'll talk football. ND was in the BCS National Championship game (and has been there before). WVU, not so much.

We've played in a national championship in the 1989 fiesta bowl (88 season) losing to ND haha. So yeas we've been there before. Also since they started BCS bowls WVU is undefeated in BCS games at 3-0 beating Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson.

We've played in a national championship in the 1989 fiesta bowl (88 season) losing to ND haha. So yeas we've been there before.

Ahhhh.... now I see the source of your angst. In the final analysis, it is only a game.

If it makes you feel better, compared to Florida teams I love WVU.

Ahhhh.... now I see the source of your angst. In the final analysis, it is only a game.

If it makes you feel better, compared to Florida teams I love WVU.

I've just never liked Notre Dame. I always hated the fact that people that are Irish feel the need to be fans of a French catholic school located in nowhere Indiana that coined the term fighting Irish when describing the way their football team was playing as fighting like a bunch of drunk Irishmen. I was 10 when that NC game was played and wasn't a WVU fan then.

I've just never liked Notre Dame. I always hated the fact that people that are Irish feel the need to be fans of a French catholic school located in nowhere Indiana that coined the term fighting Irish when describing the way their football team was playing as fighting like a bunch of drunk Irishmen. I was 10 when that NC game was played and wasn't a WVU fan then.

You got me there. I guess the "Fighting Frenchmen" just didn't resonate with anyone. Maybe this foreshadowed WWII.

WV let me guess you got rejected from ND ????

Lets see ranked 165th for national universities, 84% acceptance rate should I go on...... The Irish lost a football game thats it. Yes we got smoked, but in the end we still graduate our "student athletes" and they take meaningful classes and get real degrees. Check Alabama and your own WV grad rates for athletes, pretty sad.

I believe we will get back to the championship game long before your beloved mountaineers. Not to shabby for a little school with only one campus, 8500 students and ranked 17th in the country. Keep your 25 Rhode Scholars. Guess what college has the highest acceptance rate for entry to medical schools? PS it's not WV or your beloved Bama.

Keep hating who cares, and Go Irish.