SgtToadette

VZ 58/CZ 858?

I just learned about this rifle today and I'm very intrigued to say the least, possibly in the market for one. Does anyone here own one? I'd really like to hear some thoughts on it.

I posted a similar question here this past summer after seeing this post on THR but didn’t get replies. From what I understand they are the anti AK & AR rolled into one. For me I wouldn’t even think about now, very slick but probably couldn't even get one even if it were NJ legal, prices would be off the charts. Here's the clone, the VZ2008 here is a VZ58 vs VZ2008 thread

check assault weapons of ohio they sell 100 % recievers and complete guns. I would think they would alter one for NJ.

I went the kit and 100 % route

Their website appears to be broken for the moment. I've been looking at CzechPoint who apparently imports and converts sporter version of the rifles (meaning no bayonet lug). The unconverted ones are currently available, but if I do end up going the VZ 58 route (still trying to decide if I want to finish my AR or not), I think I'd want the converted one.

Hi guys n gals if any women in here, anyway I got a call from a relative that he is buying a CZECH - USA Variant AK rifle, he is in new jersey and explained the milled recvr thing and polymer furniture on it and from the pics it looks very SLEEK and AWESOME from my point of view, (for what ever that might be worth LOL) I was looking for a SKS Norinco or another but I think to many are jumping the gun on new bans these days, anyway does anyone have any, ANY Experience with these rifles,?? ie; handled them, shot one, bought and sold one and why or anything you can lend support for or not to buy one.??  This is the one that was IMPORTED in by CZ-USA and then or now by CZECH POINT or what ever it is but it seems to be a hard one to find/get hold of but I have the opportunity of grabbing one of these as a USED But never Shot weapon with Box, CD., and rifle of course and in 7.62x39   TWO Mags and what ever else comes with it new.  The $PRICE I have been quoted is $700.oo  Seven Hundred, plus nics no tax and out the door.  I am new here and appreciate a real veteran's point of VIEW on this.  I know of the century take on this and a few others but I think I like this gun.  thanks in advance and the quicker the better as I am in line as FIRST on the LIST, my deadline is Tomorrow by 6pm.   TY.    new guy  PAUL.   this is the  CZ  VZ-58  ak variant milled model etc.... I looked and looked on here for this kind of subject but could not get a clear picture of what I am looking for, so sorry if I re-posted an old post.

post-7106-0-51818400-1388089612_thumb.jpg

post-7106-0-95713100-1388089819_thumb.png

great gun ! Mags are hard to get and I cant tell you about the butt shock you pictured,  but the composite furniture is comfortable .

It may look like a AK but its nothing like it .

will yours be a single or double stack mags ?

sorry for the late reply I just spotted this

Junkmanted thanks for your reply and to answer your question about the mags, I am not sure if its a NJ thing but I have the single not the double stack, but they do give you 2 mags with it, and not steel or metal of any sort, but a smoked version of something, lol.    Yes I went ahead and bought it and for some reason when the guy asked me to put half down and pay it off within a week that is just what I did.  Unknowingly to me when I got to his shop he wanted to take the guns deposit of $360.** and apply it to my last purchase of a COLT 1870 for which I had half down on that too, he said he wanted me to pay off the COLT first and would apply all money's to that then he would hold the VZ58 for me, yeah right, all I can say is I spent about 5K with this guy and now the rules change since I had a revolving credit with him for 8 months then he changed his tune,  oh well. more about him later.  THE VZ58 is a nice gun and I like the fact it is MILLED not stamped but then we all know the AK's are shooting machines no matter what the environment due to less than tight tolerances of the gun.  Anyway I was looking for some info before I bought it but right now I have not fired it and so since I have bulk ammo of 7.62x39 I think I will enjoy shooting this or maybe just hold onto it since out west I am seeing these things go for as much as $2K. with layaway, or $1895.00 bin. lol.  Thanks for the reply though cause I enjoy meeting others with similar knowledge and interest, and I see your from LIVINGSTON, NJ, That is my home town, I lived right off rt.10 across from the dinner and just up from the town center, remember the theater that was there or before your time. >>??  The place has changed so much since I was there. well if ok I will ad you to my friends list.  look forward to talking again. PS:  I paid only $700.oo for the vz58 which is why I think he wanted it back to HOLD FOR ME LOL, knew he made a mistake.  hahaha  I don't care when I beat a SNEAK at his own game. lol Liars and thieves are a person's two worst enemies.  HOW LONG U UP THERE>>?? YOUR AROUND OUR AGE>

I lived there with my wife for some years, with family in boonton/Whippany, but my friend Mark Mashberg whom I knew for 30 yrs. and is passed now was someone who knew many ppl up there and I was curious whether you may have known him or not. His father was an oral surgeon, lived up the hill from me off ten, but anyway if u did that would be interesting. thanks for getting back to me.  I don't remember or not if I told you but I did buy that VZ-58, the CIA model just did not do it for me, and I love the Milled unit, although not a very good finish job on it, ie; swirls from being milled but one day I may fix that not sure. New they are $950.oo I think... thanks ttys. PAUL....