intercooler

so is anyone thinking that the fix is in? and it's time to start selling it all?

Politically, I suspect that we are in for the fix...

I have a nice collection, I enjoy shooting, but i am tired of it's politics.

I am sick of the "range officers"

I am sick of the club

I am sick of defending it

At what point is it not worth it? I could be debt free and moving on .

I don't know, i am just disgusted i guess.

I don't need anymore grief right now.

I am frustrated, the liberal anti's control the media, they basically have control. its just a rant, everywhere i look its another anti...just frustrating i tell you.

I have to defend my rights to idiots at my job who think Obama is god (but wondered how come their checks are short $ this week, at least that was funny)

I am pretty disgusted with the club, i get treated like crap by RO's that have a complex whenever i go to the range.

I don't have another place to go .And I certainly questioned the fact that i just wrote a check to pay the same people that nit pick on me every chance they get.....

i am pretty much up to my eyes with this state...If I could sell my house, i would be outta here.

Don't get me wrong, I love NJGF's.

I guess i just needed to get it off my chest...

It just never seems to end

Yeah be.mad.....sell it all...... woohoo I call dibs on the 17 and Kimber

Also stop baiting ya knucklehead

nice...if i did decide to let it all go, i'd definetly call you first you man whore!

I am just upset, the deal with my cat upset me big time. I have a big hill in front of me there for her

I am frustrated, the liberal anti's control the media, they basically have control. its just a rant, everywhere i look its another anti...just frustrating i tell you. I have to defend my rights to idiots at my job who think Obama is god You will never change that type of persons mind, don't bother and don't get coax into a pointless debate. (but wondered how come their checks are short $ this week, at least that was funny) I am pretty disgusted with the club, i get treated like crap by RO's that have a complex whenever i go to the range Where are you from? Maybe someone can recommend another place or private club and I just have to ask... Are you doing something that deserves nit picking?. I don't have another place to go .And I certainly questioned the fact that i just wrote a check to pay the same people that nit pick on me every chance they get..... i am pretty much up to my eyes with this state...If I could sell my house, i would be outta here. Don't get me wrong, I love NJGF's. I guess i just needed to get it off my chest... It just never seems to end

nice...if i did decide to let it all go, i'd definetly call you first you man whore!

I am just upset, the deal with my cat upset me big time. I have a big hill in front of me there for her

Don't forget about your neighbor and your nephew!!

I can definitely see where your coming from. But, we just have to press on. People in the wars of the past gave their lives for us to have the freedoms we have including having firearms. We owe it to them to stay the course and fight for the same principals. Maybe stop watching so much news. It will eat at you. People, sometimes you have to remain silent and just know you are in the right. A lot of times I don't feel like arguing with people so I just convey a simple line or two with facts then drop it. Range wise, sounds like cherry ridge lol

I have to defend my rights to idiots at my job who think Obama is god (but wondered how come their checks are short $ this week, at least that was funny)

Try having that be your boss. And constantly bring up there is no need for a firearm, or gun owners are crazy. On the upside more co-workers have come out of the woodwork stating they are gun owners. The guy is losing his mind...plus I have had a few converters. However I can't wait to move from this commie hell hole known as NJ.

I am frustrated, the liberal anti's control the media, they basically have control. its just a rant, everywhere i look its another anti...just frustrating i tell you.

I am pretty disgusted with the club, i get treated like crap by RO's that have a complex whenever i go to the range.

I don't have another place to go .And I certainly questioned the fact that i just wrote a check to pay the same people that nit pick on me every chance they get.....

i am pretty much up to my eyes with this state...If I could sell my house, i would be outta here.

Don't get me wrong, I love NJGF's.

I guess i just needed to get it off my chest...

It just never seems to end

It's not just you. It's probably millions of Americans who are frustrated because they see through all the bs but get labeled for refusing to chew through a shit sandwich for a stick of gum. Youre not alone by any means. Ive never been so ashamed of my government, its terrible politics, or the weakminded publics inablity to think for themselves like I am now. I want to break shit and light it on fire but Id lose my guns over that!

Remember as bad as this media storm seems, any federal bill has to get through the House of Representatives, and it ain't. This isn't like when Obamacare was being rammed through when both houses were controlled by the democrats. So don't let the media storm unsettle you.

This might be an opportunity and I hope those who are making the decisions on our side see that. 50 state carry permit reciprocity ought to be super glued to whatever bill they put together, which will have to be very watered down indeed to get through the house of representatives.

What's the worst case scenario under the current state of the House of Representatives and the Senate?

MAYBE 10 round magazine limits. OK, so we got through that for a decade, and we were OK. Sucks, but just buy a lot of mags and practice changing them out. I seriously doubt there will be a turn-in. Imagine the political fallout from that. There will be a grandfathering of existing ones or it won't make it through the House of Representatives.

MAYBE a federal firearm owners ID card. OK, we have that in NJ already, what's new about that?

We will never get a national gun registration scheme, Canada did that for long guns and it was a disaster, they recently scrapped the whole thing. If Canada can't do it, we can't do it. There are too many handguns in the US for them to do that without everyone losing re-election.

And assuming that they get all of the above through congress, somehow, Obama will have spent all of his political capital, and will probably lose the Senate in the process two years from now, and lose even more of the house two years from now. Any Republicans whose fingerprints are on this bill are going to face tough primary challenges. Life will go on.

Nobody's outlook on guns has fundamentally changed here. It is just that the media is going nuts. Let them go nuts. They are just showing their true colors for everyone to see. They win if they make you lose your composure. Don't let them.

Two months from now, everyone is going to be going bonkers over the debt ceiling again. The media is overplaying its hand, people have short attention spans nowadays.

Go shooting. If you want to do something to put your mind at ease, put the AR down and get something with a wood stock. I personally am going full-on traditional wood and blue steel. Screw 'em. If they are going to judge your guns on the basis of esthetics, then foil their efforts by going old school with wood and steel - camoflauge to a lefty. I don't like ARs anyhow, the only reason I like them at all is because the antis hate them. I'd never trust my life to one of those jam-o-matics anyhow.

If they win, we all get M1 Garands then. That will show them! Even the worst case scenario isn't bad here. So relax.

Oh, I'm frustrated... However, it makes me mad as hell and ready to fight. I've got more than 30 years into a collection, and I will not go quietly.

As a note from an RO, not all of us are bad. I for one will snap at you in a heartbeat if you are being unsafe or endangering others, but after I remove that threat I make sure to spend the time with you to effect positive change in a respectful, adult way. Believe me, I have seen every flavor so I know what you are saying. One way to defeat the chip-on-the-shoulder ones is to go get your credentials and make sure you wear 'em.

Oh, I'm frustrated... However, it makes me mad as hell and ready to fight. I've got more than 30 years into a collection, and I will not go quietly.

As a note from an RO, not all of us are bad. I for one will snap at you in a heartbeat if you are being unsafe or endangering others, but after I remove that threat I make sure to spend the time with you to effect positive change in a respectful, adult way. Believe me, I have seen every flavor so I know what you are saying. One way to defeat the chip-on-the-shoulder ones is to go get your credentials and make sure you wear 'em.

The RO's where i go hover and literally i mean that...to the point of making it uncomfortable. They then come over and make it a point to look over your crap and micro manage your time ....

and i just paid my dues. I feel like i spend alot of hard earned $, I work at educating people, i do the right thing and in EVERY direction its something else.

If it isn't the RO, its the gate, if it isn't the gate, its the other people there who feel compelled to act like an asshole.

Or the fact that they can't even answer a freeking email

I am just getting sick of it.

Hell, its no wonder that I have not shot 99.9 % of the guns i own.

Remember as bad as this media storm seems, any federal bill has to get through the House of Representatives, and it ain't. This isn't like when Obamacare was being rammed through when both houses were controlled by the democrats. So don't let the media storm unsettle you.

This might be an opportunity and I hope those who are making the decisions on our side see that. 50 state carry permit reciprocity ought to be super glued to whatever bill they put together, which will have to be very watered down indeed to get through the house of representatives.

What's the worst case scenario under the current state of the House of Representatives and the Senate?

MAYBE 10 round magazine limits. OK, so we got through that for a decade, and we were OK. Sucks, but just buy a lot of mags and practice changing them out. I seriously doubt there will be a turn-in. Imagine the political fallout from that. There will be a grandfathering of existing ones or it won't make it through the House of Representatives.

<snip>

On a federal level I agree, but we are not so well represented here behind the lines.

18 new gun control bills introduced in the NJ legislature.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/forum/69-nj-gun-laws/