Sign in to follow this  
iRace559

Not Happy with Palmetto State Armory

On Christmas day I ordered one of the last 16inch premium M4 uppers from PSA. Normally there time frame for shipment is about 15 days, and but do to the political climate I assumed this would take a month. Suprisnigly my upper was delivered to my house on Monday. I excitingly opened it only to be met with disappointment.

The upper was very clearly blemished and damaged. Not a single second was spent assuring that this product was acceptable to sell. The anodizing was completely chipped away along the bottom edge, spots were flaked away, small scratches here and there, and the inside was discolored (not that I care about the inside but still)

I have sent 2 emails, and have tried to call literally 30 times over the past few days. I'm convinced they have the phone off the hook. I have also been trying to contact them the past 2 weeks in regards to another order that I placed. I understand there extremely busy at the current time but this is un acceptable

aby5use9.jpg

Would you be pissed? I'm about to just touch it up with a Birchwood Casey pen and suck it up. I fear ill never get in contact with them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

+1

Gun = tool = functional = G2G

So if you bought a new car with a scratch down the side of it, that would be fine?

Car = means of transportation = functional = G2G ?

It honestly doesn't bother me that much. I'm just going to touch it up anyway. It's just the fact that I can't even get in contact with them in reference to it. I've been trying to cancel a separate order that I placed with them for the past 2 and a half weeks with no luck.

This is a shame to hear. PSA has always been one of the reliable, good companies I went to for certain items. They've obviously expanded quite a bit in recent months-- and maybe they have bitten off more then they can chew. Definitely keep us updated, as I have a personal interest in this outcome.

Threaten with a report to bbb and your credit card company that the product was not as advertised and you will be getting compensated. I have had excellent backing before from both visa and amex on purchases that I was stiffed on, recieved a defective product, or was double charged and had poor or no responce from the company. Just keep in mind; the forseeable outcome here is that you would get a refund not a replacement or possible but not likely money off of your purchase. So unfortunatly in these market conditions depending on how bad you need the upper you are probably best off just keepng it how it is; and believe me PSA knows that too, which is probably why they sent it out that way.

I would want a pretty one, but under the current climate I wouldn't care. Fact is I wouldn't care anyway because all my guns, AR's in particular, are not safe queens and they'll get wear and scratches and so on, and aluminum doesn't corrode that easily anyway.

I'd suggest you shoot the crap out of it, take it to classes, take it to shooting matches, get it so beat up that you don't even remember what the original finish look liked. You'll end up a better shooter then having a ultra pretty upper that you are afraid to shoot for fear of scratching it. Look at it as an opportunity.

Might be the new distressed finish. Just like jeans with holes, gotta pay more for that look out of the box. I know the feeling of wanting that new car smell. Sorry to hear that. Send some down range and that frown will turn upside down. :)

File a complaint with the CC, and you just might get this upper for free.

Glad to hear there's progress. Much better than an issue I had with another company. Took 2 1/2 months of emails and phone calls and a complaint to the BBB to resolve. They responded the following day with a resolution after I filed the complaint. +1 to the BBB. Let just say I wasn't throwing in the towel to a company not honoring their warranty.

So today, two packages show up to my door. One is the correct MOE LPK that I ordered, however it was missing the PSA comp that I was charged for. Second package is the standard lpk ALSO missing the comp. Mind you this second order was confirmed to be canceled via email from PSA.

Still haven't heard back about the upper receiver as well.

I'm about to dispute all three orders with my CC company this is absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

idc what good thing people say about PSA, they suck. They screwed up 2 out of my 3 past orders. they corrected it but not 100%. I ordered an A2 stock kit and it wobbled. they said its normal. Umm no it isnt

So far they've screwed up 3 out of 3 orders for me. I have still yet to hear back from them about the above matter. I have a package sitting in my room that they assured me was canceled, and its not even right to begin with.

I've had some good experiences with PSA, but it seems that ordering from them is playing "palmetto state roulette"

Because eventually, you'll get screwed over by them, and CS will do nothing to resolve it.

The last order I placed was billed twice on my card, so I sent them an email with a copy if the charges, and they wrote back (after almost a week)

"Oh that'll just go away"

My money went away, the charges didn't..

Ended up paying double for a $40.00 part

Last time I ever order from palmetto state armory