Purple Patrick

Tattoo thread

Talented guy, very impressive stuff. Im no expert, but I researched a TON of artists before I got mine. Traveled out to Long Island three times because I couldnt find anyone local. I know what I want for my second and will look for a new artist with a new style. I may end up in the city as well. 

Ive walked into a couple of local shops in...........lets say monmouth county......and the stuff in their "brag books" was shockingly mediocre at best. One book had a large lion on the first page and his eyes were all crooked and cross eyed. I just smile and say thank you. 

I love that tattoos in general are just becoming more and more acceptable. 

I finished up my nerd half sleeve a couple months ago. I work in neuroscience research, mostly Alzheimer's and Parkinson's right now, and wanted something that showed that off. Done by Klik now at BC Tattoo in Jersey City

post-5630-0-34142600-1409956070_thumb.jpg

I also have my family crest on the other arm

For anyone looking for a great artist in the North/Central NJ area, check out Dutch Cooke at Immortal Ink on Rt 31 in Clinton. Between me, my wife and our daughter, we have six pieces done by him. His original artwork is great and quite creative.

I wanted a piece to honor my Dad and his sense of humor...for the last six months of his life, whenever I would call to tell him I was on my way to visit, he would ask me to pick him up some bananas but "don't get any green ones, I might not be around long enough to eat them." For Father's Day two years later, my wife got me this....I didn't want a portrait and he captured the essence of my father perfectly.

Posted Image

This is the "infinite peace" on mine & my wife's wrists

Posted Image

And this is my daughter's shoulder piece...

Posted Image

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I got this done at under my skin, by tattoo tony. It's a cover up because one of his no talent employees jacked up the first. As you can see, the owner did a half ass job too. I had to sit again and have it all redone. It's much better now, but I still have raised scars from the first tattoo. I have a stupid amount of time in this one. The center of the chest, around my nipple, and by my arm pit sucked. I think the center of the chest is the worst.