tripcarl

Take a Look at your Credit Card statements

Heads up everyone, had my credit card compromised for a large amount of money. I use a separate credit card for all online shopping, and I recently donated money to the NRA and SAF, ordered items from brownells, GCA, and Windham. I have no evidence of how my credit card was compromised, but these vendors are new (less than 10-15 days) to this credit card of mine. This same credit card has been used countless times online and in person, over the last few years with no issues.

I've started the fraud process with card issuer, but I wanted to give a heads up to everyone, that there may be a new problem out there. With all the craziness of the last few weeks to do with firearms and accessories; and that all of these vendors are firearm related; and it seems suspicious.

In no way what so ever, am I Implying these vendors have been compromised as I have no facts, other than my own dilema, and I am not starting finger pointing. just concerned and thought I would share this.

The other suspicious factor is that a package showed up on my doorstep today containing an expensive saltwarter reel, that I did not order from a boating/fishing vendor I have never done business with.

Funny u should say that... did u order from cabelas.. cause after a cabelas order I had some fruad on a cc I only use for gun crap

I have a Cabelas card . They shut me down three times last month when I bought toys. They told me they were having issues and tightened there security. Any non usual buys will shut the card down. But now I have an email sent prior to being shut down and a time frame to respond before it is.

Its the world we live in I guess.

I have a Cabelas card . They shut me down three times last month when I bought toys. They told me they were having issues and tightened there security. Any non usual buys will shut the card down. But now I have an email sent prior to being shut down and a time frame to respond before it is.

mine was a chase card that the charges on it. Only used it at cabelas and sgammo. Used otger cards for sgammo though and never had an issue hence why I think it was cabelas or maybe a virus on my cpu

I had this happen back in September, when I was in Ft. Worth TX. My Cabelas card kept getting declined at Cabelas of all places.

I had a problem with two cards.

On Amex card you can have them send you an email everytime there is a transaction without the card physically being there.

Pretty much everyone has that now. Amex actually ahs a higher threshold than my other cards. The other are $1. Amex it's $10.

Still I have caught a few things. For people who like ugn stuff, one of the problems is that you go through a small business which may have set upa cart badly (call it tier 1) , a cart (tier 2), which may be vulnerable , the card service the cart is attached to (tier 3a-3z as there might be more than one layer of these), and the actual card company (tier 4).

In the last year there have been several large compromises at the tier 4 and 3 levels, and tier 1 and 2 are constant risks. I had one vendor who I got what with fraud EVERY time I did a transaction with them, which unfortunately I had to do three times to complete my custom order or not get might product and lose my deposit.

You need to check your statements. Every single time my cards have been compromised in the last 3 years there have been low dollar value tests that you could catch. $2-40. Usually it is easy to sort out. For some reason they fought me tooth and nail over a ~$20 charge for yahoo's premium mail service and a charge to an internet dating site that even the search engines had barely heard of.

Common small charge that they use is iTunes store. Hard to spot if you download songs a couple times a month. I noticed a $20 game and 4 add on packs one day.Considering I don't do games it set off an alarm. Took a month to get it cleared and credited.

They tried to tell me maybe one of my kids did it. Considering I don't have any.....it was a nice try on their part to blow me off.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Mrs. Peel
      Yesterday, I attended Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays in Coplay, PA for the first time! I went with @Mrs.Zeke to their NRA Women on Target event - more on that later. I feel very grateful to have attended (and, again, thanks to @Ms. 12 Gauge for letting me know about the event!) Here's my feedback: 
      Sporting Clays: Yikes, what a fun shooting sport!!  If you don't know anything about it, you are moving through a course and at each station there's clays being thrown different ways (varying direction, speed, even a type called a rabbit that rolls along the ground). It's challenging. And for even more challenge, they have 3 defined courses there - beginner, intermediate and advanced. So think of it like a golf course - each station is like a hole - they even have gas-powered golf carts you can rent, or little scooters (I think those are free) and little wheelie carts (also free). The operation is year-round. 
      LVSC: I haven't been to other sporting clays ranges, so I can't compare per se, but I can say this one was really "atmospheric" - and as a lover of all things Victorian, it was just my cup of tea.  It's set in a long-abandoned 1800's quarry operation. So, the old, roofless, dilapidated buildings have been taken over by trees and undergrowth - but they still hold a unique beauty (the great masonry, old arched window frames, etc. - it was like some of those photos from urban explorers who enter abandoned sites). It must look amazing in fall or after a fresh snow! Even better, one station we were at is located right over water (presumably, the old quarry pit). So, you're standing on this little covered deck, looking out across a sparkling body of water, with cliffs opposite you, trees above that and a perfect blue sky up above. Wow. Hey, did I mention it's a GREAT-LOOKING place? (LOL) Much of the course, blessedly, was in shade. And all the little stations have roofs so you've always got a little spot of shade on a hot day. The main building where you sign in was large, nicely air-conditioned (helpful yesterday of all days), well-appointed, kind of a rustic hunting lodge vibe, but very modern and clean, too (including a nice clean ladies room with the de-lead soap, etc.) The staff were all very friendly - and our instructor, Bob Broderick, was fantastic! I recommend him highly. A lot of things "clicked" for me yesterday in terms of understanding the process - that's the power of a good instructor! Here's their website: https://www.lvsclays.com/ 
      NRA Women on Target: The NRA and their partner ranges really do a great job on these events! They are designed to attract women to the shooting sports, so they're quite literally giving stuff away. This deal was so slammin' - it was impossible to pass up! FIFTY BUCKS covered the entire afternoon program. They initially had us in a room  for about an hour where we filled out paperwork and had some classroom instruction about safety, etc. We then picked up the included cold drinks, eye and ear pro, plus a loaner shotgun and instructor for each group... our little sub-group had 4 women and 2 golf carts (carts also included!!)… and we were on the course for a good 2 hours at least... with each one of us getting one-on-one attention and guidance from the instructor at each station (that alone was worth more than 50 bucks!!). Afterwards, we returned to the same room where they had snacks, more ice-cold beverages, certificates and "swag bags" which, best of all, included a coupon for 10% off of a private lesson (expires end of this year).  I have no idea what that would package would cost normally, but looking at the website, I'm guessing at least 125 or more each?
      So, if you haven't been to LVSC yet, I urge you to check it out! It's LOTS of fun. I know CNJFO is doing a fundraiser there this month - I'm sure you'd have a fantastic time AND you'd be contributing to the 2A cause at the same time. So, I'll add that link here: 
      In addition, I plan to get on the email list for their NRA Women on Target events (apparently, LVSC sponsors about 3 a year). Though I can't go again (it's for sporting clays first-timers only), I intend to advertise them in the future under our "events" section... so you can all pass the word to women shooters you know. Believe me, anyone who went would enjoy it. All the ladies who went yesterday (I'd say it was about 15-20) had a real blast!
    • By PD2K
      NRA has an auto template that sends your rep an email opposing the proposed new NJ gun laws:
      https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1978
      Mods please move if I posted in the wrong forum. Oh and sorry if this has been posted already.
    • By PD2K
      A List of the Companies Cutting Ties With the N.R.A.
      https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/business/nra-companies-boycott.html
      For me the only one that really hurts is Delta/United since they only game in town for the NY/NJ area. Maybe Metlife and Chubb too.
      Mods please move if posted in wrong section.
    • By NJGF
      President Trump:
      "What many people don’t understand, or don’t want to understand, is that Wayne, Chris and the folks who work so hard at the @NRA are Great People and Great American Patriots. They love our Country and will do the right thing. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"
      6:31 AM - 22 Feb 2018
    • By Scorpio64
      You may be asking yourself, what does the bump stock ban have to do with you, especially if you dont own a bump stock. Well, if you own any semi auto rifle, it has more to do with you than you may think. In this video, MAC (Military Arms Channel) and ATF employee Rick Vasquez discuss the long reaching, and likely overreaching, authority of the ATF to regulate without legislation and how political parties use a little known backdoor to regulate without public discourse in Congress. There is also a Q&A from internet viewers.

In a nutshell, every semi auto rifle will be affected by the proposed regulations concerning bump stocks, even if you don't own one. Among other things, ATF is now talking about regulating SA triggers and reset times. Bottom line here, the bump stock ban is not just about bump stocks. I believe it's important for you to see this, and I ask that you share this video to help get the word out.

Here is a link to GOA where they briefly outline the ban, it's implications and a link to ATF where you can leave a comment.
      https://www.gunownersamerica.com/[email protected]

• ALWAYS CHECK "THEIR" WORK!!!  The last one we had been subject to was a total hack job.  We fought it and got it corrected.  We weren't happy with the increase, but it could have been worse.
    • Yes, it's an estimate. By that estimate, we are the worst state in the nation. Life of Tax: How Much Tax is Paid Over a Lifetime | Self. This much of your lifetime wages go to taxes — where does NJ rank (nj1015.com)
    • Think so? Check your property card. My mother's house hadn't changed since it was built in 1952. But back in the 2oth century when the property taxes were skyrocketing, I went to look at the property card in the assessors office. Among other nonexistent features I found on it was a finished basement and two extra baths. Even better, the office manager tried to tell me that the arithmetic on the card (based on the features listed) that resulted perfectly in the property tax total, had NOTHING TO DO with the tax levied. The last assessment they did on our current home was all wrong. Fortunately I had the blueprints for the house and corrected all the mistakes in the assessor's measurements.
    • You're forgetting that we're much lazier now. Those lances were really heavy. If someone can't use a gun, it's hard to imagine them bothering to fight at all.