instantgratification

South Jersey checking in (Willingboro)

Update: The Captain returned my call once again and fed me the same bs stating that there is a murderer on the loose and aprehending him takes precedence over approving gun permits. I explained my situation and when I told him waiting 5 months was unacceptable he responded by saying there are other citizens waiting 7-8 months.

I haven't heard back from the senators office but hope to by the end of this week. I feel sick to my stomach knowing that municipalites can do this with no reprecussion. If anyone has any further advice or information on how to handle this situation, it would be greatly appreciated!

Update: The Captain returned my call once again and fed me the same bs stating that there is a murderer on the loose and aprehending him takes precedence over approving gun permits. I explained my situation and when I told him waiting 5 months was unacceptable he responded by saying there are other citizens waiting 7-8 months.

I haven't heard back from the senators office but hope to by the end of this week. I feel sick to my stomach knowing that municipalites can do this with no reprecussion. If anyone has any further advice or information on how to handle this situation, it would be greatly appreciated!

you should have asked him if any of the murderers victims were on the list waiting for approval.

you should have asked him if any of the murderers victims were on the list waiting for approval.

I should have, at this point i'm not concerned with stepping on any toes! :hang:

Let the NJ2AS know the situation they are forcing compliancy with this

Thanks I will look into this route as I am planning to join.

Update: Good news!

It seems my visit/email/fax to Senator Diane Allens office motivated my local police department to follow up with my references and complete my application.

I received a call yesterday evening from a detective at the municipal building trying to inquire about my references. He also asked for a direct number to my supervisor at work which I was hesitant at first to give but ended up giving anyway. I was giddy with excitement so I didn't bother to ask why he needed the number. The detective also stated that my I.D and permits will be ready next week.

Is it legal or possible for the Police Department you reside in to contact your employer? I'm assuming it is to verify employment only correct?

To add icing on the cake, I received a nice letter with a gold seal yesterday from the office of Senator Diane Allen stating she had taken action and contacted the Public Safety Director of my township to find out why I have been waiting for so long.

Today both of my references called me and let me know they were contacted by the same detective I spoke to about character references.

I'm not out of the fog yet but I can only hope...

I will create a seperate thread regarding my experience to answer questions and help others who might be in the same dilemna.

I know the feeling, Willingboro resident here as well, I lawyered up and even with a lawyer (Jef Henninger) it was 8-10 weeks..and they was on them every other week. I just recently called (Feb 2019) to see the process (in Willingboro you have set an appt and make sure the secretary is there for your application) about getting some more pistol permits and if they are online. The secretary (which is a new one now) said I would have to go back to Identgo and get fingerprinted AGAIN! Mind you I just was fingerprinted only a year and a half ago! she say's well how do we know if you weren't involved in a crime?! wait what?  I said my fingerprints are with my SBI# and I should only pay $20 for the criminal background check plus $2 a permit. She seemed lost after I said that.  Once again they try to deter you away by unnecessary fees and roadblocks and ignorance of the law. UGH! 

On 2/28/2013 at 1:58 PM, instantgratification said:

Last update:

Got the call from the PD secretary saying my i.d and permits are ready!!! Damn it has been too long. If anyone has any questions regarding my process or district 7 feel free to ask!

There is separate thread somewhere that details who submitted paperwork for what type of document (FID cards, P2P) and where they were located.  The best I've seen is Pemberton Twp. (Burlington County) at 10 days.  The worst is likely a tie with several people, me being one of them.  In 2017, I waited for 174 days to process 3 P2P.  This was all before the current on-line system.