BCeagle

MAIG Letter - Did your Mayor sign it?

I don't see Middlesex (current home) or Bridgewater (where I grew up) on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, you might consider contacting your mayor and letting him know that you are following all that's going on and appreciate them NOT supporting this..

I just saw this and found that two mayors - from my current town (Essex Co) and my prior town (Middlesex Co) - signed this.

I can't speak too much about the current town (although I do know that if he is running again, his opponent by default has my vote) but I'm a bit surprised about my prior town. The detective that handled FIDs/PPHs there was very pro-2A.

Can't get a break, I tell ya...

Mine did (Edison) and she really believes it.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2012/12/mayor_cites_connecticut_school.html#incart_river_middlesex

Earlier this month, Mayor Antonia Ricigliano vetoed a Town Council resolution that will allow the police department to sell its used handguns to licensed firearms dealers...

...Ricigliano says that in principle, the town should do everything it can to keep as many guns as possible off the streets.

"God forbid anything happens, we would never want to trace it back to the Edison police," Ricigliano said. "Even though, once it’s sold it is no longer our legal responsibility, there’s a moral responsibility that we all bear."

Before the Town Council passed the resolution, the town could either melt down the firearms or sell them to Edison police officers. The town can make $40,000 to $50,000 dollars in selling the guns to licensed firearms dealers, helping offset the costs of new purchases, advocates said.