MrSurfboard

More worried about NJ restricting our gun rights the I am of the Feds

With all the talk at the federal level about gun control, I'm more worried about NJ. With all the postering and talk, I predict very little will happen at the federal level. There are still way too many pro gun supporters who will be worried about getting re elected. The NRA is also heavily involved at the federal level.

NJ, well that's a different matter. Our legislature is predominately anti gun, one has only to look at what was introduced a few days ago. The NRA has given up on NJ and we can't expect any help from them. We are going to be in for a rough ride and while most of the country will probably be spared the insanity, we here in NJ will be not.

Rally up, this is it... Feb 8th.

If only a few hundred people show up on Feb 8th in Trenton, that will be very disappointing. Now is not the time to sit back and hope other people "take care of it"!

Rally up, this is it... Feb 8th.

If only a few hundred people show up on Feb 8th in Trenton, that will be very disappointing. Now is not the time to sit back and hope other people "take care of it"!

I'd be surprised if you see 100 people there. Depending on what the fed's do, I may or may not go. If the fed's crack down worse than NJ's current laws, then it won't help much protesting our state house; it has to be a DC protest.

I'd be surprised if you see 100 people there.

I hate to say it, but I totally agree........

.......you talk to people about this in gunshops, and they have no idea.....a rally like this....and each and every gun shop and gun range should have flyers....I'm on the email list, and I haven't heard diddly about this....

This is a time when the gun organizations need to coordinate group transportation by region to these type of events. Other organizations do it. Heck, the dems were bussing in pro union voters in some key battleground states. You will get a much better showing if you can gather people and bus them in, IMO.

.......you talk to people about this in gunshops, and they have no idea.....a rally like this....and each and every gun shop and gun range should have flyers....I'm on the email list, and I haven't heard diddly about this....

Its advertised here, and hundreds or even thousands have seen it, yet we still have people who already threw in the towel and say "it wont make a difference", or "there won't be much of a showing". With that attitude this negative self fulfilling prophecy will win out.

Instead we should be rallying together and be positive about how we as NJ gun owners can band together and make our stance known. At the minimum if SHTF and we loose a majority of our gun rights here in the state, at least those who showed up can say "I tried" instead of "I sat idly by and watched because I felt I couldn't make a difference".

Its our duty here to promote this, and I'm already trying to get my friends to come along. The sad truth is yes, people work and have other obligations, there is sometimes no getting around that. But if the only thing stopping someone is the above type mentality, it is a shame.

Dont be surprised !!! this is getting momentum. I am fairly new to this board, but not new to guns. When I found out about the rally, I immediately stood up and said, I will help. I immediately joined the NJ2AS, got into contact with Frank Flamingo, and have been working with Rich Petkevis to get a press release drafted and get it started to be distributed.

There are many threads on this board, here is one particular. http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/44149-february-8th-pro-2a-rally/

I have spent the better part of the past day and half, compiling a master list of every state senator and congressman and all of their contact information, so people can start calling and emailing. here is that info. http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45037-let-your-voice-be-heard-contact-your-representatives/

You can find the Facebook Rally page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NJ2ARALLY/

And you can find the NJ2AS Face book page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nj2as/

Now, I am just one person who is doing everything I can to get the word out. What are you doing?? We need volunteers to start getting flyers printed and delivered to all of the ranges and gun shops, We need people calling their representatives as well as the other reps in this state. More important, We need people to come out on February 8th. I will be there with crutches and broken leg, where will you be???

Sorry for the rant....

Here is a direct link to the flyer. If you cant get to the rally, then print the flyer and take it to your local range, hang them up on public bulletin boards, shopping centers. Hell, Print up a hundred, and go stand in front of the mall, and pass out a few.. But dont whine about it. Do something... http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u434/mattio41/?action=view&current=RallyFlyer_zps1a0032a8.jpg

RallyFlyer_zps1a0032a8.jpg?t=1357312385

Be present, have a voice, make it heard! I've called everyone I know in NJ who is a gun person and given them the info for this rally. Yes, our rally is tough because of a workday, and the government has picked our pocket deeper for 2013 so then please write, email and call your representatives, your government. I'll be going to rallies on the 19th and 20th organized by sportsmen in other states. If you can't be there in-person, be there in spirit and support with written and spoken word. We need solidarity as strong as the antis!

Mattio - it's Frank Fiamingo with an i as the second letter not an L. But I think he should get a pink flamingo shirt ANYWAY!!

Sorry, the fingers were flying when thinking about the defeatist attitude....

And to add to it, I am the one who created the flyer... and have been trying to get it out there. So dont tell me one person cant help. GRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr !!!!

Ooops, Ranting Again.. Sorry

are you going?

Guys you need to get out. Go into gun shops with printed out flyers. Stand there and hand them out. Send out emails, post on Facebook, email tea party groups and 9/12 groups. Local VA and so forth. Heck, I live in pa and I plan on attending. You wonder why nj is the way it is? Get out....like the tea party did and it freaked out the progressives. Btw if only a 100 show up, I suggest you form a circle and start praying. I'll see you there the 8th because our future and freedom are riding on it. This is 1776 again and if you plan on sitting at home freedom will be gone without a fight. This is the tipping point....

Protest all you want, lawmakers don't care what you or I want. They have an agenda and that is that.

The person only gets away with as much as you let them get away.

Protests, Letters, Emails, Phone Calls, Votes, Wallet Contributions, every little bit helps.

Also remember, when Govt ignores peaceful petitions, it gives opportunity for escalated negotiation.

Without peaceful petitions, you cannot go to next step.

Does anyone have any thoughts of posting these flyers in hardware stores and such? Ive done this for local business and it turns out well. Not sure if anyone thinks its good. Ill hit all the local stores with it.

My Wife owns a Travel Agency and is printing up the poster I just sent her to display..

Has everyone heard about NJ Lawmaker Angelica Jimenez? On Wednesday, she introduced a law in NJ that would require psychological exams & home inspections and evaluations BEFORE issuing a gun permit! Yes, she wants to eviscerate your 2nd amendment rights AND your right to privacy all in one swoop. And Governor Lardo is silent. He's quietly practicing his speech to announce his change of party over to the "D" side. He has no time, nor inclination, to protect your Constitutional rights.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index.ssf/2013/01/west_new_york_assemblywomans_b.html

I read that there are people that don't know the rally is happening. I'm by NO means a graphic artist, and I just threw this file together, but until someone out there with real talent puts something together, I'm going to laminate this and post it at the local shops. Please do the same. If there's a better flyer out there that I missed, please let me know and I'm sorry.

Update: Just saw that mattio41 posted one on photobucket further back in the thread, but I can't get to it through the firewall here.

Rally.pdf