mx597turbo

Would a riveted 15/30 mag be legal

Personally, I think you should just get a regular 10 or 15 round magazine and not worry about modified 30's.

As someone who works in a blue collar field, I can assure you that no epoxy, rivet, weld, etc. is truly "permanent" in an actual sense. Perhaps as defined in a legal one it may be. And I'd rather not leave that sort of thing for anyone to decide.

IMO, as long as the follower can't go past 15 and you can't open the mag to change it you should be fine. But I'm not a lawyer, nor did I stay in a holiday in express last night.

Also, 10 and 15 round mags are out of stock everywhere right now. Panic buying, you know.

I spoke with PK90 about me limiting a BX-25 mag for my 10/22 out of state, purely because I like the cosmetics of the 15rds.

He told me that as long as it's permanently inaccessible to remove the limiter, aka, not bolts, but maybe physically unable to accept 25 rounds because of pretty much damage, than it's good to go.

I thought of having an FFL, or out of state, maybe installing a permanent track or limiter inside the mag, and then replacing the bolts that hold it together with non removable pins or rivets, and glueing the body shut or something to that effect.

Just a thought but a 30 rounder is very noticeable due to its size. Even if it is really blocked, any cop seeing you with it could on the basis of his sight alone get a search warrant of your house. I dont think it is worth the potential heat.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

I have two 30 round AR mags pinned to 15, bought them from my FFL so I would imagine they are legal since I would doubt they would risk their license over $30. I do keep the receipts with my rifle just in case, hopefully that is enough... I ordered some 10 round PMAGs to replace them though. The 30s are asthetically pleasing, but not really functional due to their length.

Just a thought but a 30 rounder is very noticeable due to its size. Even if it is really blocked, any cop seeing you with it could on the basis of his sight alone get a search warrant of your house. I dont think it is worth the potential heat.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

people have been using blocked 30's since this crap started and that hasnt happened....

I do keep the receipts with my rifle just in case, hopefully that is enough...

15 rounds is an odd size and New Jersey is unique in that respect, so there are limited ways to get to that number.

I keep a copy of the manufacturer's or gunsmith's invoice with the magazine in case there is ever a question.

WTF!!!! Just see if you can put 16 rounds in = If NO and you can't get to the pin ie bottom is welded u r good to go. Why over think this?

Because considering you can end up in prison for half a decade over it, however unlikely, it gets people thinking twice, thrice, etc. about it. Can't blame them, really.

I managed to find 10 round AR mags. They were $30 each, but it's better than the $50-$70 they are going for on ebay and gunbroker. I can't believe 2 months ago, these were selling for under $10 a piece. Surprisingly, I've seen 30 round usgi mags for under $15 each on ar15.com if you buy a lot of 5-10 mags.

i found a website that makes an insert to put in your mags which block them to 10 or 15 round then you weld or epoxy them shut to be perment as far as law is concerned. i purchase the mags at a pa gun show modify and epoxy them shut in the parking lot. i have been pulled over with my guns in the car had an officer question my mags polite offered him a box of bullets to test my mags he said no need i was on my way no issues....... its always a honey vs vinegar type of thing

I will add that I like midwestpx's pmags better. You are able to load MTN armory's on a closed bolt (cannot with MWPX) but you really have to slam it home if it has 15rds or it wont seat. I have tested each one to make sure it will not go over 15rds. I just personally feel like MWPX are sturdier. I have used both types of mags in the same carbine training class and had 0 failures with either.

http://mtnarmory.com...o&products_id=8

This guy. I have a few.

The site looks suspect. Hasn't been updated since 2010 and showing 100+ 15/30 pmags in stock at $17. I would definitely call and confirm before placing an order.

I ordered these from from The Mako Group: http://www.themakogr.../earm10%20w.htm Their front page says they have the mags in stock and will ship within 3-5 days. They are only in NY, so priority mail would reach NJ within 2 days. I know they are gouging at these prices, but that's why they have stock and most other retailers don't.

The site looks suspect. Hasn't been updated since 2010 and showing 100+ 15/30 pmags in stock at $17. I would definitely call and confirm before placing an order.

I ordered these from from The Mako Group: http://www.themakogr.../earm10%20w.htm Their front page says they have the mags in stock and will ship within 3-5 days. They are only in NY, so priority mail would reach NJ within 2 days. I know they are gouging at these prices, but that's why they have stock and most other retailers don't.

I can tell you that the mags work. And I ordered from this place September of '12. I've seen it on this site before.

So, if I put magblocks in my 30 rd mags, unless I weld the bottom closed so I cannot reverse it, I am not compliant with NJ Law????

Correct..however, a drop of epoxy on the floorplate rim makes a mechanical bond and you are GTG at that point

Correct..however, a drop of epoxy on the floorplate rim makes a mechanical bond and you are GTG at that point

Thanks, on my way to Home Depot to buy epoxy! I wish I would have just ordered the C Products 10 rd mags for my FN FS2000, but now I am stuck......