fatty

Best lube for 1911?

Expect mixed replies also. I say use what you like and just be aware that at this time of year shooting outdoors that temp sensitive lube can effect operation.

If you want a vote, I'd say Mobile 1, is one that I use and like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Expect mixed replies also. I say use what you like and just be aware that at this time of year shooting outdoors that temp sensitive lube can effect operation.

If you want a vote, I'd say Mobile 1, is one that I use and like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love Mobil 1 but I read somewhere auto products "may" cause cancer with excessive contact.

I just use weapons grease from amazon on my slide.

Slip2K. I put that sh!t on everything.

Some people like to use grease on blowback-operated pistols, I tried grease for a while, but did not percieve much advantage over regular Slip2000.

IMHO, you do not need special lube for individual guns. One quality lube should work for all. Use any high quality lube you want.

As a rule, stay away from the "does everything" lubes like CLP and Remoil. IMHO, they do an OK job at everything, and therefore do a great job at nothing.

Edited by TheDon

If you could see the cabinet over my bench, I've got a collection of every cleaner, lubricant and protectant known to firearms, including those that cross-polinate from my obsession with fast cars! LOL. Quite frankly, I've moved to favor WeaponShield CLP, grease, and oil on just about every one of my shooters.

I don't have a 1911 (I know, I know....what's wrong with me?) but I use Lucas gun oil and it is pretty impressive I must say. Im pretty happy with it, Lucas knows their oils. It was designed to handle the abuse of full auto machine guns and not evaporate with the high heat.

I use Tetra grease.

I love Mobil 1 but I read somewhere auto products "may" cause cancer with excessive contact.

I just use weapons grease from amazon on my slide.

I thought that was just used oil that was carcinogenic? I.e. fresh oil is A-OK? IDK though...

Ballistol is a great cleaner but breaks down as a lubricant. I'm a grease fan and use TW25B exclusively. I've found it to be perfect for lubricating the action as well as the contact areas and the frame rails. A bonusis that its made right here in NJ and I like supporting our local guys.

Ballistol is a great cleaner but breaks down as a lubricant. I'm a grease fan and use TW25B exclusively. I've found it to be perfect for lubricating the action as well as the contact areas and the frame rails. A bonusis that its made right here in NJ and I like supporting our local guys.

Is that similar to slip2k grease?

would you happen to know if I can pick this up directly from their warehouse in east rutherford? Just saw their website and it looks really promising

I doubt it, I don't think they do walk ins. I'm fairly sure you can buy direct thru their website though

Hmm I think I have some mobil1 synthetic laying around in the garage. Maybe ill give that a shot.

Thanks harry

This is all I have been using on my milsurplus rifles and postiols for years now.

If it's good enough to put in a 30k car then it can lub a firearm very well and hold up to heat and alittle goes

along way and saves you from spending money on over priced bull crap products that dont do have as good a job.

Hodige

I use TW25B in the warmer months for the rails. It's a lighter gun grease, but works very well in warmer temps. In the cooler months I use Slip2000. Slip2000 is awesome gun oil and works great on the slide rails.

As a rule, stay away from the "does everything" lubes like CLP and Remoil. IMHO, they do an OK job at everything, and therefore do a great job at nothing.

CLP is great if you are in the Army and need cleaner, lubricant and protector in one - it means two less bottles to carry. But if you have the luxury of being at home there is plenty of other stuff that will do the job better.

Oh, and I use Gun Butter.