DirtyDigz

NJ2AS 2/8 rally - Sign slogan brainstorming

I'm planning to make up some signs to take with me to the rally and hand out to people who want to hold them.

I'm looking for ideas for 2nd Amendment/RKBA-friendly and Pro-Gun slogans to put on the signs. Here's a few I ideas have, but I'm looking for others (and I'm sure most will be better!). One to two sentences max - anything lengthier usually won't register with people, IMO, and is better served as a handout instead of on a sign:

"The Newtown shooter reloaded multiple times and didn't empty every magazine. Surely magazine size restrictions would have stopped him..."

"Having a firearm is the difference between being a first responder - or a first victim."

"The overwhelming majority of crazed shooters are stopped by just one thing - another person with a firearm."

"Without a strong 2nd Amendment a strong 1st Amendment won't endure."

"When a government fears its citizens there is Liberty. When citizens fear their government there is Tyranny."

"The experts agree - gun control works" with pictures of Stalin/Hitler/Mao. Old one but still relevant.

What else ya got?

Legal law abiding gun owners dont commit murder, criminals and mental cases commit murder.

Ban criminals not the tool to protect the innocent.

Guns dont kill, criminals and lunatics kill.

Cops cant be everywhere all the time, my second amendment right can be...

the only one i wouldnt use is this,

"The Newtown shooter reloaded multiple times and didn't empty every magazine. Surely magazine size restrictions would have stopped him..."

They would say yea thats why we should try like ct and do 1 rd caps. or no removable mag. Just dont wanna catch ourselves doing something to hurt us. Also the short ones are the best, you dont have to read it you just see it and you get it. the more words the more effort it takes to read it and more likely people will just not read it.

Criminals don't obey laws!

Shall not be infringed!

Why do I own a semi-automatic rifle? Because I'm American!

Land of the free? Unless you're a legal gun owner!

No new laws! Enforce the 20,000 we allready have!

the only one i wouldnt use is this,

They would say yea thats why we should try like ct and do 1 rd caps. or no removable mag. Just dont wanna catch ourselves doing something to hurt us. Also the short ones are the best, you dont have to read it you just see it and you get it. the more words the more effort it takes to read it and more likely people will just not read it.

Roger that, I'll remove that one from consideration, but as we've seen mag limitations are being contemplated in many places so I'd like to have some kind of rebuttal for that idea.

Roger that, I'll remove that one from consideration, but as we've seen mag limitations are being contemplated in many places so I'd like to have some kind of rebuttal for that idea.

i know you want something with mags, but just post it here so others can see also. Thats a tough one they can turn against us. Needs to be something just needs to be well thought about and strategically worded.

Maybe a picture of a .22 LR lever action that can hold 15 rounds and a rimfire rifle with a thumbhole stock with "Assault Weapons?" written across the top.

Perhaps a sign that says "Laws broken by mass shooters" and includes the cumulative total number of firearms laws broken by Adam Lanza, VA Tech shooter, Aurora shooter & columbine shooters, then concludes with "They didn't care..."

Check out the rally page on facebook, somewhere in there was said that if you are bringing your own sign, it can not have any sort of frame, stick, post,....just paper.

Roger that - I've made signs for a protest before, here's how I do it:

30"x40" or similar size foam core poster boards. Cut all 4 corners at 45 degrees so there are no points, in case someone walks into one or one gets blown in the wind. Use powerpoint with a slide size slightly smaller than the poster size, print out the slogan on letter sized paper (it gets "tiled" over multiple sheets like puzzle pieces), cut the papers, assemble the slogan and tape it, then use spray adhesive to adhere the paper to the poster board. Relatively quick and easy and makes light weight yet strong signs that look NEAT and LEGIBLE from a distance, and you get 2 slogans per sign (front/back).

Roger that - I've made signs for a protest before, here's how I do it:

30"x40" or similar size foam core poster boards. Cut all 4 corners at 45 degrees so there are no points, in case someone walks into one or one gets blown in the wind. Use powerpoint with a slide size slightly smaller than the poster size, print out the slogan on letter sized paper (it gets "tiled" over multiple sheets like puzzle pieces), cut the papers, assemble the slogan and tape it, then use spray adhesive to adhere the paper to the poster board. Relatively quick and easy and makes light weight yet strong signs that look NEAT and LEGIBLE from a distance, and you get 2 slogans per sign (front/back).

Wow thanks for the instructions haha

"Having a firearm is the difference between being a first responder - or a first victim."

"The overwhelming majority of crazed shooters are stopped by just one thing - another person with a firearm."

Those two are my favorites. However, I think that the second one should be simplified for two reasons: one, how are you going to fit all that on a sign, and two, as you said at the beginning, if it's too complicated it won't register. How about keeping it simple: a bad guy with a gun can only be stopped by a good guy with a gun. Yes, I'm aware that it's a quote from Wayne LaPierre, and maybe you don't want to be associated with him, but you see the point.

If your slogan is more than a few clever words, it probably sucks.

If your slogan reads like something from an old AOL chain e-mail, it probably sucks.

If your slogan is in any way misspelled or contains poor grammar, you will probably be laughed at.

The key to a good sign is something simple, eye catching, and poignant. Signs that are preachy, self righteous, etc. are not good.

Also, Urban Grunt you are friggin hilarious. :lol:

Urban Grunt, Heaterbob, bulpup, zeke, those are great slogans.