Tackleberry 03

Looking for a place the wife and i can shoot in SJ

I am looking for a nice place the wife and i can shoot at on the weekend's since we both work during the week. I am looking for a nice place that is friendly where i can shoot hand gun,shotgun and rifle. if you know of a place please let me know. i really don't care about the cost per year.

Not sure how far in SJ you are. Hague's Indoor Range is open 6-days a week, closed on Monday. They offer membership and walk-in's. Only members are allowed to bring/shoot their own ammo. Otherwise, you must shoot and purchase theirs. Be warned, they are very expensive, but depending on where you live, they may fill your needs. You can shoot everything you mentioned there.

Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro is less expensive, but only allows handgun shooting. I'm not sure of their other benefits or rules, but you can find them on the web. I'm also unsure of their hours of operation.

Closest options:

Hagues indoor range in W. Deptford: Expensive as expensive can be!!! Nice indoor range, well kept, weekends busy.

Bob's Little Sport Shop indoor range in Glassboro: Less expensive, always crowded in the hours when normal folks aren't working...

Square Circle in Gibbsboro: nice club and facilities and reasonable cost. Membership requires being voted in however. Weekends are loaded with trap shooters.

USANA in Pittsgrove: basic range with outdoor pistol, rifle, shotgun, and plinking ranges. Indoor pistol range available to shooter than can demonstrate they can stay on target. Reasonable cost.

Range 14 @ Ft Dix: Cheap, open on weekends. Outdoors only with pistol, rifle, shotgun, archery, paintball all in one place. 60/yr + 4/hr per person up to 3 guests.

Telco in Atco: 150/yr no guests ever! add spouse for like 30/yr. Outdoors only, Open 7 days a week I believe.

South Jersey Shooting Club, Piney Hollow Rd., Winslow. Open 7 days, dawn to dusk, Members, and guests only. Outdoor facility, 25, 50, 100, 300 yd ranges, building a 15 yd, and a 20 yd action range used for various events. But no skeet. No .50 BMG's, but anything else goes, so long as it's legal in NJ. Orientations are every other weekend. Or if you just want to check it out, I can take you in as a guest.

If you don't mind a drive (probably 1 hour 20 minutes from Deptford), there is also Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol in Jackson. 300yd rifle, 200yd rifle, 50yd pistol, 24/7 Indoor pistol, skeet/trap, bunch of 50-75yd pits, archery.

First year is a bit pricey, after that it's only $250/yr. Open 7 days sunrise to sunset, plus 24/7 indoor pistol range. Members only, but you can bring guests. No .50 centerfire rifles, other than that if its NJ legal is good pretty much.

Have to say USANA is the place I belong to in Elmer, NJ. Membership is $175.00/yr. and includes ANYONE in your family. Aunts, uncles, third cousins, son-in-laws anyone.. Friends can come too but their is a $10.00 per person per day fee. You supply your ammo or you can usually buy some from them depending on the caliber you are looking for right now of course. They do have a web site but I do not know what it is... But they do have a facebook page so you can always find the info there I guess, I do not use Facebook so not sure. The longest rang is 200 yards, and they dedicated rifle and pistol or just rifle ranges and dedicated shotgun ranges as well as a .22 plinking range and one for clays if you have your own thrower I think, not sure since I have not had the need to use it. And they do have a .22 indoor range everything else is outside..

SJSC, yeah it's outside but you can shot multiple distance. If you are concerned with cold you can always do what I did. Join SJSC (can do everything) and Bob's limited membership. (25 yd pistol and rimfire rifle)

Or you can put on a coat, warm boots, and a hat. It doesn't get THAT cold here. :onthequiet:

+1 on SJSC! I have been a member for a year now - better than I imagined. Great folks, the owners are usually onsite, the buildings and grounds are immaculate and even the bathrooms are clean. No "voluntary"

work requirement, and the addition of Bangers is awesome, Chuck, Jake and the folks are friendly and helpful - no attitude and no price gouging- always fair and willing to talk. I see a fair number of women at the club and Bangers has a mix of men and women employees so there is always someone to work with no matter what your question might be. I am a fan!

+1 on SJSC! I have been a member for a year now - better than I imagined. Great folks, the owners are usually onsite, the buildings and grounds are immaculate and even the bathrooms are clean. No "voluntary"

work requirement, and the addition of Bangers is awesome, Chuck, Jake and the folks are friendly and helpful - no attitude and no price gouging- always fair and willing to talk. I see a fair number of women at the club and Bangers has a mix of men and women employees so there is always someone to work with no matter what your question might be. I am a fan!

Not to mention a whole slew of us Range Safety Officers who are also NRA instructors and always willing to help out and give some pointers here and there, especially for the new shooters.

I am near Deptford as well and just joined at USANA. The place is pretty sweet. That have a ton of ranges Rifle(0-200yds) shotgun, handgun, indoor pistol (must qualify) Archery. Plinking, steels you name it. You can camp there ride dirtbikes, quads, and 4wheel. I even saw a blurp about hunting. The facility is 200 acres in Pittsgrove. Takes about 30 mins to get there from the mall area.

USANA is for sale again. The last time it sold the members were pretty much thrown under the bus. Then, Skip got it back because he was holding the mortgage and the new owners stopped paying...lots of guys never came back...Who wants to get burnt twice?

USANA is for sale again. The last time it sold the members were pretty much thrown under the bus. Then, Skip got it back because he was holding the mortgage and the new owners stopped paying...lots of guys never came back...Who wants to get burnt twice?

You wouldnt happen to be one of the neighbors complaining about "automatic" fire would you?