Sign in to follow this  
jruch87

Polar Bear Plunge

For the third year running I will be participating in the 2013 Wildwood Polar Bear Plunge for the Special Olympics. For those of you who don't know the Polar Bear Plunge is simply doing the smartest thing you can do in the middle of January, go swimming in the Atlantic Ocean. The purpose is to raise funds and awareness for the Special Olympics of New Jersey. This brings me to the NJGunForums Community, I know times are tough and now is the time to buy guns and ammo, but I ask if you can donate, even if it's only $5 every bit counts. Or for the more daring instead of donating PARTICIPATE, start your own funraising page and join the effort. If you're interested in donating or participating follow the link below. Thank you for helping me reach my goal!

http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1032574&supId=348956540&extSiteType=1

Cold but fun! I'm participating in the Long Branch plunge (usually Seaside but they switched it this year).

Don't forget it doesn't count unless you go all the way in. :drinks:

I'm usually the guy who runs in, goes under, thinks it's really cold but isn't smart enough to think to run out of the water and ends up standing there for a minute or 2