Sign in to follow this  
Dropper33

Replacement FID

I lost my wallet recently with my FID inside. I will be dropping my paperwork off to the PD tomorrow for a new card. Should I expect a similar wait for the replacement that I did for my initial application (about 3 months) or does it usually move a little quicker? Or is everything completly backed up anyway right now with all that is going on?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I don't think there's a guideline anymore. Just read here that someone got theirs in just a few days, it took me 3 months for address change and that was back when all was well. Now into my 10th week of waiting for P2P - sent a followup email, nothing.

You might find it goes quicker when you provide the SBI # instead of taking prints with Morpho Sagem. Regardless, anything longer than a few days to a couple weeks is the town dragging it's feet.

How do you get your SBI number?

You don't get a different SBI#

Yeah, I believe that's true. It was when I first lived in NJ many years ago my wallet was picked. There were a few forms that I had to go to the NJSP barricks in Bridgeton to get, fill out, and then return for them to go up to the SBI informing of the theft in addition to applying for a replacement FID. I honestly can't remember if my replacement FID card back then had the same SBI # or not.

Yeah, I believe that's true. It was when I first lived in NJ many years ago my wallet was picked. There were a few forms that I had to go to the NJSP barricks in Bridgeton to get, fill out, and then return for them to go up to the SBI informing of the theft in addition to applying for a replacement FID. I honestly can't remember if my replacement FID card back then had the same SBI # or not.

It shouldn't have been. I'm a CO for the state your SBI number is linked to you kinda like social security we use them to track our inmates

Just an update..

I dropped off my paperwork to the PD today. I spoke for a while with the woman who deals with permits, who has always been very pleasant and helpful, and she told me the wait would probably be just as long for the replacement card as it was for the initial. She said everything is taking a while and that they are inundated with new applicants. Over 60 new applications on her desk at the moment.. And i live in a small town.