Lecky

Sig scorpion 9mm vs beretta M9

Can't go wrong with Sigs. You won't regret getting one. Workmanship is nice.

Berettas, the "blue" is painted on & prone to scratches.

And besides M9 are too large for just 15 rounds but noooooo, we can't have the 17 round mags here.

M9 is huge. Which Sig were you looking at, 226 229 ?

M9 safety is nice. Grips can also be replaced with VZ or G10.

Sigs also come in stainless frames (not the scorpion model). If you like they have a Nitron stainless frame if you want it in black.

Since we don't carry, the added weight is nice at the range.

Added bonus is if you get a 40 s&w sig, you can order a 9mm conversion barrel from bar sto

try to handle a 45 acp p220. the grip is amazing. you'll feel like it was made by God himself just for you.

go rent them & see the difference. the trigger. the grip. the recoil.

it's your choice. you'll own it.

good luck

You really can't go wrong either way. The Beretta is a time tested design, they are rock reliable, durable and accurate. The SIG has the same attributes just a very different manual of arms. I'd go to a range that has rentals and put some rounds down range and see which one works best for you.

Hell, ,if you shoot at Brick Armory, you're welcome to try mine.

M9 get's my vote, the only one I ever saw fail did so after 11k rounds.

Sig's are definatly good peices however everyone I have ever shot I hated with a passion from the grip

to the recoil to the trigger pull. My brother has 4, 1 being his carry and the other his off duty.

Now the Kimber that's a solid choice, best purchases I ever made.

Hodgie

Honestly, you can't go wrong with either gun. I love Berettas, but the 226 and 229 are both very good pistols.

If you live near the Cherry Hill area and want to try out my 92FS, PM me.

My vote is to get the Beretta and with the money you'll save, get yourself a crapload of 9mm ammo. Both are very nice pistols. The two major things I don't like about the Sig is the high bore axis and that it's butt ugly. It looks like a big chunky cinderblock in your hand. The Beretta is sleeker, nicer looking (if you care about firearm aesthetics) and will last you a very long long time. I see some of the posts above saying the Beretta grip is big... but I don't get that... I have the 92A1 which has the same grip as the M9 / 92FS and everybody that I've let shoot it (male and females, with both large and small hands) has commented on how comfortable it was to shoot. I brought a brand new shooter to my range a couple of weeks ago that had never shot a gun in his life before, and within 30 minutes I had him shooting 5" groups from 33 ft with my 92A1... needless to say, he loved the gun.

In the end, it all depends on your tastes... both are very good guns and both have their pros and cons. I was in the same exact predicament a couple of years ago and I went with the 92A1 and I have never regretted it. Lots of Sig fans will tell you otherwise, or tell you "Oh, the 226 is the same gun the SEAL's use!"... but don't listen to the fanboys... go with what feels best to you. Try to shoot both if possible and see what works best for you, and THEN make up your own mind.

The two major things I don't like about the Sig is the high bore axis and that it's butt ugly. It looks like a big chunky cinderblock in your hand.

The P229 does feel like you are shooting over top of a skyscraper. I felt the same way about the Browning Hi-Power. But both are good pistols.

If you end up liking both, then all I have to say is welcome to the disease. There is no cure.

Actually, the state legislature is working on one right now. It's bound to be worse than the disease.