mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

I'll say this is over when i have my permits in my hand. Im waiting for a post from someone who has actually gotten theres already. Please whoever gets there FID or PPs post ASAP.

I have not received my permit. Yesterday, my Local PD confirmed that the mental health check was in. (apparently the last piece to the puzzle). He then went on to say that he had to do "have the chief sign it" which would "likely" be done by the "end of the week". lol.. it's like pulling teeth. By the way, i applied for these two PP's in September.

I'm letter H, im assuming they sent mine out today and my PD will get it in a day or two. It would be nice if they called me up by the end of the week, but not counting on it because I know they only process apps on Tuesdays. The detective in my town has been very professional with this stuff so I'm hoping to hear from him by or on next Tuesday. I will post on here as soon as I get the call.

BossyMossy I hope you get that call by the end of the week, I think you've been waiting longer than anybody in here.

Thanks 410.. Anyone who doesn't think that this is all on purpose, is insane. Think about it. Even if i am lucky enough to get my permits in by the end of this week, that will have been very close to 7 months of waiting. NOw, on top of that, when i go to purchase a gun, I'm going to have to wait for NICS (since they are no longer 10 mintues) check for another week and a half to two weeks..

I mean.. C'mon!!!!

I will tell you, last month it took 3!days for my NiCs check. It's hot or miss. Some shops are just 1 1/2- 2 weeks so that you get your hopes up and call them on day 3 looking to pick it up. They just don't wanna be the one to have to let you down...event bough we know its not them. Good luck to you all, and if you're an 'R' person, and you know who are...don't forget to post up if you hear from Nancy about us.

I just called newark pd and they said that det. Victor is on detail this whole month and det. Sanders is out sick. How convenient. This is definitely on purpose. Does anyone really believe that the records hall was flooded? Or that they send a detective whos job is to issue permits on super special details? Or that they get sick twice a month? ... Or that NICS checks take more then a minute? There testing our patience. And at this point it seems to them that our patience has no end. And ill only believe this nightmare is over when someone actually gets there permits or FID because at this point all we have is nancy(only god knows) saying that they are on letter so and so. And then the detectives will say all we need now is the chiefs signature but all the chiefs in nj are at a state wide convention that was flooded and were sending all the chiefs to be restored and there on chief letter b. RIDICULOUS.

I just called newark pd and they said that det. Victor is on detail this whole month and det. Sanders is out sick. How convenient. This is definitely on purpose. Does anyone really believe that the records hall was flooded? Or that they send a detective whos job is to issue permits on super special details? Or that they get sick twice a month? ... Or that NICS checks take more then a minute? There testing our patience. And at this point it seems to them that our patience has no end. And ill only believe this nightmare is over when someone actually gets there permits or FID because at this point all we have is nancy(only god knows) saying that they are on letter so and so. And then the detectives will say all we need now is the chiefs signature but all the chiefs in nj are at a state wide convention that was flooded and were sending all the chiefs to be restored and there on chief letter b. RIDICULOUS.

I don't really agree with you, but this post is hilarious.

I think the answer is that there is a lot more ineptitude and laziness that goes on in gov't work than there are bad intentions. People don't take these jobs because they are the smartest hardest working people in the world. No offense to anybody here, but genius workaholics tend not to work for their local town government. I doubt Detective X gives a crap eitherway.

Just no motivation to complete the task it merely pertained to the citizen's 2A rights. I think it was mentioned earlier in this post...if it was related to food stamps, or unemployment payments, there would've be heads rolling. But because it fits the NOT-SO-HIDDEN agenda, its OK. :picknose:

Bad news guys! I spoke to Nancy this morning, the records were NOT delivered yesterday as promised and she does not know when they will be. She told me the person at the county who is reponsible for contracting the restoration service is the Essex Couny Risk Manager, Frank Del Gaudio. He is the person we should be contacting until the records are restored.

Here is his contact info:

Risk Manger, Frank Del Gaudio

Office: 973-621-4400 Direct: 973-621-4427

When you'all contacted Frank, did you contact the main number or his direct number? I want to call him and get the letter of the hour. Thanks.

I just spoke to him...and I think he is starting to get frustrated with us. He told me he didn't know where they were he was just assigned to get them restored. He also stated that they are getting them out each day to the municipalities. I wanna call Nancy, as she's probably there for a little bit more, but I can't.

Let the people do their job. Having to answer the phone every hour because you just "have to know what letter they are on right now!!!!" will only slow them down and piss them off. Acting like impatient little kids isn't going to get you your FPID card any faster.

I don't really agree with you, but this post is hilarious.

I think the answer is that there is a lot more ineptitude and laziness that goes on in gov't work than there are bad intentions. People don't take these jobs because they are the smartest hardest working people in the world. No offense to anybody here, but genius workaholics tend not to work for their local town government. I doubt Detective X gives a crap eitherway.

I agree with the disagreement, but for a different reason - there is absolutely no accountability in government. We are required to use the "service" they provide but there is nothing that forces the quality to be at any level. Over time the employees realize they get the same pay regardless of effort. Many wind up working just hard enough to not draw any attention to themselves. We get the occasional "scandal" whenever a high-use service becomes so bad that some sunlight gets shown on it (think MVC and car inspections), but other than that they just don't care.

Well you all can disagree as much as you'd like but i spoke to the police this morning and they said that they cant find my application. They said it must have gotten "lost". I doubt it but ok. And no matter what letter there on no one has gotten there FID or PPs yet so put that in your pipe and smoke it. Im getting a lawyer and thats that.

Im getting a lawyer and thats that.

I'm sure you'll be able to find a lawyer who is happy to "help" you with your application - for a fee. Trust me, you will be wasting your money. It will not speed the process up.

It has already been determined that this process can as long as the authorities want - in the interest of public safety. There is no conspiracy, just a whole bunch of people who have absolutely no reason to rush.

Let the people do their job. Having to answer the phone every hour because you just "have to know what letter they are on right now!!!!" will only slow them down and piss them off. Acting like impatient little kids isn't going to get you your FPID card any faster.

Brian, I hardly think that waiting since the first week of October constitutes being impatient. With all do respect, I am anxious, not impatient

I concur. It is really starting to sound like little kids stomping their feet. If we keep bugging the crap out of them, how motivated to you think they will be? People have stated their PDs have gotten checks back so they ARE doing their jobs, just let it be for now.

How so? If we have all been waiting over 6 months. For something that is our right. I think if anyones acting like kids its the state government. At every turns its a delay or a law to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights.