mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

I will not stop calling until I have confirmed that my personal mental health check is received by my PD. Calls, email, and letters works! I was told by a member of this forum that threatening the Risk Manager, Frank Del Gaudio with legal action would not work. It did, he told me the name of the restoration company, Belford, I called the estimator on his cell phone, he got pissed, but 2 days later the records magically appeared at the Hall of Records.

I pay these people with my tax dollars! I want answers! I want results! And when my PD gets my mental health check, I will call them weekly to get an update.

I have been waiting for almost 7 months, so I am entitled to act like an impatient little kid and stomp my feet. Imagine welfare recipients waiting 7 months for their checks, I’m sure they would do much more than call and send emails

Have a nice Day!

I will not stop calling until I have confirmed that my personal mental health check is received by my PD. Calls, email, and letters works! I was told by a member of this forum that threatening the Risk Manager, Frank Del Gaudio with legal action would not work. It did, he told me the name of the restoration company, Belford, I called the estimator on his cell phone, he got pissed, but 2 days later the records magically appeared at the Hall of Records.

I pay these people with my tax dollars! I want answers! I want results! And when my PD gets my mental health check, I will call them weekly to get an update.

I have been waiting for almost 7 months, so I am entitled to act like an impatient little kid and stomp my feet. Imagine welfare recipients waiting 7 months for their checks, I’m sure they would do much more than call and send emails

Have a nice Day!

Calling the PD often will get results, I don't doubt that. But the mental health records restoration is a set amount of work that will take a set amount of time, regardless of calls. Local PD's on the other hand have been known to leave FID's on their desks for weeks after the chief signed them without bothering to take the time to call the applicants. Save your calls for your local PD's and your elected representatives.

Did anyone hear from Nancy, or Frank today on the their status with the checks (ie Letter of the alphabet?) The other day they were up to 'P' (supposedly). Has anyone received their permits yet? Someone said Verona does their FIDs and permits on Fridays...and I know there is at least 1 person whose last name is with a 'B'.

I just spoke with Detective Giacobbe in Belleville and he told me that some records up to the letter E have come in. They are soon to start processing permit applications.

Hopefully by the end of this month I'll have mine

Calling the PD often will get results, I don't doubt that. But the mental health records restoration is a set amount of work that will take a set amount of time, regardless of calls. Local PD's on the other hand have been known to leave FID's on their desks for weeks after the chief signed them without bothering to take the time to call the applicants. Save your calls for your local PD's and your elected representatives.

Right, Calling the local PD at this point is where the focus should be. Once your letter of the alphabet has been passed give it a few days then get on your local guys to make sure they are processing your application. I know in Nutley where I live they only do them on Tuesdays so I figure once my check comes back it will be a few weeks for them to finish the paperwork as they are going to be backlogged as well now that all the checks are coming in.

Heres a thought...

I wonder if the PD's are planning on approving apps in alphabetical order as the checks trickle in, or if they instead are waiting for ALL the backlogged checks to be recieved before they start approving apps...and therefore processing them in order by date of application.

Because I find it strange that the A, B, C, ect. last name background checks have been supposedly sent to the police over a week ago and yet no one has gotten their app approved yet.

Have a nice Day!

Your goddamn right! Hoo-rah!

Well you all can disagree as much as you'd like but i spoke to the police this morning and they said that they cant find my application. They said it must have gotten "lost". I doubt it but ok. And no matter what letter there on no one has gotten there FID or PPs yet so put that in your pipe and smoke it. Im getting a lawyer and thats that.

The average FID in Newark takes 4 months. Some how something always gets lost. Everytime I go down there some poor soul is looking for DET. Victor. one lady said she has been waiting since june 2012. That was in october 2012. When it was time for me to pick up, They lost one of my P2P's and I had to wait a month for it. Not a problem I can only buy one hand gun every 30 days, I had to take a few hours off from work to pick it up. That was the stinker. I called so much they stopped taking my calls I have my cell phone records to prove it. I also suspect that those guys do not just do permits they get cases that are firearm related to. But hell that only happens when they are not on vacation or sick. It seems like they are only there 3 days out of the week on an alternating pattern 3days one week 2 days on another. Good luck.

Heres a thought...

I wonder if the PD's are planning on approving apps in alphabetical order as the checks trickle in, or if they instead are waiting for ALL the backlogged checks to be recieved before they start approving apps...and therefore processing them in order by date of application.

Because I find it strange that the A, B, C, ect. last name background checks have been supposedly sent to the police over a week ago and yet no one has gotten their app approved yet.

I am not too shocked yet, as they just started coming in this week. We are assuming all other paperwork is ready and waiting and that Essex county checks are all that are outstanding for everyone. There can be a list of other factors in play. I plan on calling Nutley PD on Tuesday to speak with Detective Gus who handles all this and see where they are with getting things back out to us. He seemed like a stand up guy when I met him, so I don't think he is going to drag this out any longer than needs be, but that is just one town.

I am not too shocked yet, as they just started coming in this week. We are assuming all other paperwork is ready and waiting and that Essex county checks are all that are outstanding for everyone. There can be a list of other factors in play. I plan on calling Nutley PD on Tuesday to speak with Detective Gus who handles all this and see where they are with getting things back out to us. He seemed like a stand up guy when I met him, so I don't think he is going to drag this out any longer than needs be, but that is just one town.

Agreed he is a nice guy... Please let me know what he says. I believe his hours on tues are from 12-3:30pm and 5:00-7:30pm.

I was tempted to walk into the BPD yesterday (Friday) to inquire since I put in for a PP back in early Jan. However I got swamped with work. I plan to check probably on Wednesday of next week (4/10) because it makes exactly 3 months since I put in for it..

If I get an answer before you do, I'll post more info on processing days. I know that last time I asked, about a month ago, the nice lady at the counter said that BPD sends out a letter, no calls.

Does anyone know what day of the week Bloomfield PD processes FID/PP?

I was tempted to walk into the BPD yesterday (Friday) to inquire since I put in for a PP back in early Jan. However I got swamped with work. I plan to check probably on Wednesday of next week (4/10) because it makes exactly 3 months since I put in for it..

If I get an answer before you do, I'll post more info on processing days. I know that last time I asked, about a month ago, the nice lady at the counter said that BPD sends out a letter, no calls.

Thanks keep me posted. On Friday I spoke to a lady at the BPD records dept. via phone, she told me they have all my info.(prints, mental health check, and references). We will see how long it will take to process. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks keep me posted. On Friday I spoke to a lady at the BPD records dept. via phone, she told me they have all my info.(prints, mental health check, and references). We will see how long it will take to process. I'll keep you posted.

what letter are you?

I'll be going this Wednesday (4/10) to check in Bloomfield. I am letter "C" my brother-in-law is in Belleville and he's letter "R" and both have NOT gotten any communication as of yet. I'll probably request for a 2nd P2P since I only asked for 1 originally in January.

I'll be going this Wednesday (4/10) to check in Bloomfield. I am letter "C" my brother-in-law is in Belleville and he's letter "R" and both have NOT gotten any communication as of yet. I'll probably request for a 2nd P2P since I only asked for 1 originally in January.

Great! I will call Joan this week at the BPD records dept. to see what day of the week the process FID/PP. I am hoping this is done on a weekly basis and not a monthly.

Assembly bill #198: All records are only processed semi annually: on the first day of the first month, and the fourth day of the seventh month. Allowable time window is 2200 to 2300 upon local discretion, unless any holidays or religious observances occur to distract processing attempts, postponing processing until the following review period.

Senate bill #199 is almost the same language, but shifts the allowable time window to 2145 to 2245. The 2 bills are expected to cause extreme controversy between the 2 chambers of government and the 2 parties. NJ Right wing gun advocates are strongly in support of the 2145 bill, claiming it heavily strengthens NJ 2nd amendment rights. NJ Anti gun leftists are vehemently protesting bill #199, claiming most criminal straw purchasing studies show that legal gun owners purchase guns for criminals between 2145 and 2200, so bill #199 should be struck down.

This is expected to take 6 months of committee hearings and 150 man days to negotiate a consensus between the 2 parties. Governor Christie has nothing to say.....

Is this bill in effect?

I would put nothing past this Administration

Lol, I thought it was for real as well. Nothing from the NJ assembly would shock me at this point. At this rate we're lucky they haven't made a bill requiring us to wear a scarlet letter on our clothes.

Lol, I thought it was for real as well. Nothing from the NJ assembly would shock me at this point. At this rate we're lucky they haven't made a bill requiring us to wear a scarlet letter on our clothes.

its comin...

Still nothing...but tuesdays are Nutley's processing day so i have my fingers crossed. Will keep posted.

I am going to try to call Nutley at lunch today, but may not have the time. If you do get a chance to call let me know what Gus has to say.

If they don't, I'm gonna wear one anyway: "2A"

I am going to try to call Nutley at lunch today, but may not have the time. If you do get a chance to call let me know what Gus has to say.

Just tried calling but couldnt get a hold of him, other detective told me he was busy at the moment. Left him a voicemail asking for an update on the situation. I'll keep you posted if I get a call back. If not i guess we are waiting at least another week. The saga continues....