mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

Just tried calling but couldnt get a hold of him, other detective told me he was busy at the moment. Left him a voicemail asking for an update on the situation. I'll keep you posted if I get a call back. If not i guess we are waiting at least another week. The saga continues....

Thanks, I didn't get a chance to call today, of all days to have a meeting at lunch hour. From what I remember when I dropped off my paper work on a Tuesday night there were 20 people there getting processed for various ID's and he is the only guy who does it, probably why he is busy. I have to imagine he works other days of the week, but not sure. My neighbors son is Nutley PD and if I see him I will ask him how often Gus is in.

oh good, now you'll only need to wait another 14 business days for NICS to clear when you find a gun you want... just waited 3 business weeks for NICS for a lower. hopefully my PD will have my PP soon. what letter are you?

Thanks everyone, my last name is "C." I ran to the PD as soon as I got the call and they were actually pretty nice and helpful after how much I was bugging them. Then I immediately went to the store and bought a rifle and pistol...I was told 10 days for NICS so hopefully its not longer than that.

@mchosi1

I just came back from Bloomfield PD, just to inquire ... there was a guy in front of me, last name letter " A " that picked up 2 permits. The clerk told me that they are doing some of my letters already (" C ")and that I should expect a letter soon. I also had to furnish another piece of info, for which she said that they sent out a letter a few days ago, so I was in luck to be there at the time and got her what she needed.

My permits are in! I have to wait til Monday to pick them up though.. But, needless to say, I'm a happy man. Last name starts with "B".

I called pd today and they told me I am in the final stages.. Same thing they told me last week :( waiting for detectives final approval.. This is never ending!

@mchosi1

I just came back from Bloomfield PD, just to inquire ... there was a guy in front of me, last name letter " A " that picked up 2 permits. The clerk told me that they are doing some of my letters already (" C ")and that I should expect a letter soon. I also had to furnish another piece of info, for which she said that they sent out a letter a few days ago, so I was in luck to be there at the time and got her what she needed.

Thanks for the update.... I guess BPD is going in alphabetical order too. Right?

Yes.. I assume so. The dude that was in front of me, last name letter " A " said that he waited 2 months. So actually faster than me since I put in early January.

My Bro-In-Law in Belleville is letter " R " ... He's not heard a peep.

Thanks, I didn't get a chance to call today, of all days to have a meeting at lunch hour. From what I remember when I dropped off my paper work on a Tuesday night there were 20 people there getting processed for various ID's and he is the only guy who does it, probably why he is busy. I have to imagine he works other days of the week, but not sure. My neighbors son is Nutley PD and if I see him I will ask him how often Gus is in.

Gus at Nutley PD just returned my call. He said that the checks have indeed been coming in and they are currently processing around letter "G" or so. He told me that my app should be on his desk likely by next week (letter H).

Gus at Nutley PD just returned my call. He said that the checks have indeed been coming in and they are currently processing around letter "G" or so. He told me that my app should be on his desk likely by next week (letter H).

Awesome news. I am R so I probably didn't get mailed out until late last week, so I guess I have another few weeks of waiting. Thanks for the update.

Thanks GD! I've had my FID for quite some time now, so I've been a gun-owner for a long time. However, a new purchase never loses it's excitement factor for me!

Same, I am just waiting on a silly address change, which is basically starting all over. Figured why not throw on 3 permits as well just for fun and see if I have any cravings over the summer.

Belleville update - I stopped by the PD on my way home from work. They are still waiting on the mental health check for me (P). He said they got up to G so far, and the rate they have been coming in has been very slow - maybe 3 checks per week since they started mailing them again.

Newark NJ, after 7months i finally got my fid and 3 pistol permits... And i ran to the gunshop and picked up an M&P 15 and a glock 21... I was told 10 days on NICS check .. The waiting continues...

Newark NJ, after 7months i finally got my fid and 3 pistol permits... And i ran to the gunshop and picked up an M&P 15 and a glock 21... I was told 10 days on NICS check .. The waiting continues...

Glad to hear it. I'm assuming your last name begins with 'D'?

Anyway, when I finally get my fid and pp's, I'm only buying FTF in NJ or from stores in PA. I refuse to pay the inflated NJ NICS price, and want to avoid paying tax if possible.

Just called West Orange, same story, waiting on mental health records. I asked whether they had received any back and whether they were coming in alphabetical order. She said they've been coming in bits and spurts and that they aren't in alphabetical order. Not sure what to make of that.