mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

Called millburn today...G

I am g in millburn also. She told me the paperwork was there two weeks ago on the detectives desk...

"I am in the final phase" what ever the hell that means. All the detective has to do is approve it and I can be done..

I am sure our detective is really busy in this town. :wild:

Newark NJ, after 7months i finally got my fid and 3 pistol permits... And i ran to the gunshop and picked up an M&P 15 and a glock 21... I was told 10 days on NICS check .. The waiting continues...

My last name is D and I'm in Newark. They never called me and I called them and they said try again on Monday. Whats your last name start with?

I called Bloomfield PD today. The records department is usually only open on Mondays, but luckily someone answered. My mental health records were received (last name: S) and today my file was sent to the detective for final review and reference checks. In fact 30 files were sent to the detective today alone.

As usual Bloomfield was very friendly and helpful.

I called Bloomfield PD today. The records department is usually only open on Mondays, but luckily someone answered. My mental health records were received (last name: S) and today my file was sent to the detective for final review and reference checks. In fact 30 files were sent to the detective today alone.

As usual Bloomfield was very friendly and helpful.

Do you know what day of the week the detective reviews the checks?

Rush do you know how often Verona works on the applications? Is it one day week? I am "L" and have not heard anything.

As far as I know, and according to Det. Harrington he does all of his firearms paperwork on fridays. he had a pretty massive pile and seemed overwhelmed by it. obviously verona is very small town so I doubt he's ever had this much firearms paperwork at once. your best bet is call up and ask the status. he may have done it and just not had a chance to call but he's usually good about that stuff. VPD is 239-5000 and the detectives direct line is 857-4821. Also, since i wasn't too concerned with L (no offense) I didnt ask if he had them all or just one or 2.

As far as I know, and according to Det. Harrington he does all of his firearms paperwork on fridays. he had a pretty massive pile and seemed overwhelmed by it. obviously verona is very small town so I doubt he's ever had this much firearms paperwork at once. your best bet is call up and ask the status. he may have done it and just not had a chance to call but he's usually good about that stuff. VPD is 239-5000 and the detectives direct line is 857-4821. Also, since i wasn't too concerned with L (no offense) I didnt ask if he had them all or just one or 2.

No offense taken, thanks.

Went to West Caldwell records this morning, was told that they have "tons" in process and that although she had not seen my permits yet it will hopefully be "next week".

I am now know as "the guy looking for his gun permits" ;)

Hope they have some guns left by the time I get them!

Kevin

Went to West Caldwell records this morning, was told that they have "tons" in process and that although she had not seen my permits yet it will hopefully be "next week".

I am now know as "the guy looking for his gun permits" ;)

Hope they have some guns left by the time I get them!

Kevin

Kevin, you can go to most gun shops and pay in full for the gun without having the permits. You just can't bring it home until after you supply the permit and then wait for the NICS check. Which...I just heard that on Friday, they received back checks that were submitted on the on 4/6.

FYI, I spoke to Nancy at Essex County... they are finished with the back log.

Then there is some delay between the checks being completed and getting mailed back to the local PDs. I was told by the officer in charger they are trickling in at the rate of a couple per week.

And I'm one week shy of 7 months - do I get a prize for being the person on here with the longest delay?

Bunch of clowns. Maybe they are sending the completed checks back to the PD's by carrier pigeon. They would fit right in with the whole antiquated paper records system. LOL...

I just called Gus but he wasn't at his desk. Wanted to check on how much he has received back so far. If I get a call back I will let you know where Nutley stands.

Monday I spoke to Nancy, they are done with the backlog. I am in Bloomfield, last name starts w/H. I walked into BPD today and they said they are still waiting on my metal health records... I applied back in Oct. I smell something fishy folks!!!

Hey guys from BPD,

I got a call from BPD Detective Vitiello, who apparently is in charge of calling my references, just to inquire that 1 of my references' phone number is no longer working.. yeah, he retired a few months ago.. so I called him back to give him the updated contact number. Not sure if he's called my 2nd reference, that was Friday the 19th.

Monday I spoke to Nancy, they are done with the backlog. I am in Bloomfield, last name starts w/H. I walked into BPD today and they said they are still waiting on my metal health records... I applied back in Oct. I smell something fishy folks!!!

BAL66 from verona, just an FYI, i got a call this morning and picked up my permit shortly after. i'm M. my friend is S and he also got his today. so I would definitely call and check

Thanks Rush. I got the call too and picked up mine last night. ( I was out of pocket for most of the day which was driving me crazy!). Detective H said it would take 3 months and it took exactly that amount of time. Also won an auction on GB late last night. So it was a good day!

Hey guys from BPD,

I got a call from BPD Detective Vitiello, who apparently is in charge of calling my references, just to inquire that 1 of my references' phone number is no longer working.. yeah, he retired a few months ago.. so I called him back to give him the updated contact number. Not sure if he's called my 2nd reference, that was Friday the 19th.

I thought the BPD did references by mail not phone calls. Back in Feb. they sent my 2 references letters to be mailed back. Personally, I think they are trying every tactic to slow the process and looking for any and every way to not give us our FID/PP.

Don't know, but my 1st reference called me to tell me that BPD had called him. Then BPD called me to tell me that reference #2's phone numbers were disconnected and to provide updated info. I think I'm going to call Det Vitiello to see if he's done and it's moved to the next step.. which would be what???

I thought the BPD did references by mail not phone calls. Back in Feb. they sent my 2 references letters to be mailed back. Personally, I think they are trying every tactic to slow the process and looking for any and every way to not give us our FID/PP.

Personally, I think they are trying every tactic to slow the process and looking for any and every way to not give us our FID/PP.

Why does everyone think there is some conspiracy? The fact is the local/state PDs simply don't care and/or have no incentive to complete the FID process in a timely manner. They aren't actively denying you.

My wife got her stuff, and she submitted a week after me. My stuff, was all set back in October, minus the mental health record...but wait, what's this, my reference checks were never received? So now, I'm waiting for that to get done before they'll issue to me. :maninlove:

Why does everyone think there is some conspiracy? The fact is the local/state PDs simply don't care and/or have no incentive to complete the FID process in a timely manner. They aren't actively denying you.

i wonder why theres some ppl who think it isnt a conspriracy. first the mental health records were destroyed and thats why the FIDs and PIPs were held up and now NICs checks are taking 15-30 days. wake up and smell the fresh b*llsh*t.

i wonder why theres some ppl who think it isnt a conspriracy. first the mental health records were destroyed and thats why the FIDs and PIPs were held up and now NICs checks are taking 15-30 days. wake up and smell the fresh b*llsh*t.

NICS checks aren't taking 30 days. Also that is the national check, which is not part of some big NJ conspiracy. It's delayed because everyone and their grandmother is out buying up whatever they can get their hands on before more crazy laws get passed.

NICS checks aren't taking 30 days. Also that is the national check, which is not part of some big NJ conspiracy. It's delayed because everyone and their grandmother is out buying up whatever they can get their hands on before more crazy laws get passed.

The delay is with NJSP . Go to PA and buy a rifle your check will come through in 15 minutes. The national check is not delayed. Do some research. Most checks have been 14 days some up to 30 mine is at 16. Dont believe ? Call a gun shop.

True...I recently bought a rifle in PA and a shotgun in NY and NICS took about 5-10 minutes in each instance.

I agree with KevD on this one. We are a despised minority in NJ and the state does everything in its power to throw as many hurdles and roadblocks in our way. Sort of a campaign of disenfranchisment. They could find a solution to the NJ NICS fiasco but they probably just don't want to.

The delay is with NJSP . Go to PA and buy a rifle your check will come through in 15 minutes. The national check is not delayed. Do some research. Most checks have been 14 days some up to 30 mine is at 16. Dont believe ? Call a gun shop.

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that the state did the NICS checks as well. What a sham of a state we live in.