mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

Week number 27 now for me...despite the detectives's assurance that it would by "next week" when I called to inquire 2 weeks ago. Uggh....

What letter are you? I called last week and left a message and haven't gotten a call back in a week.

Yes, they called both references.. I applied for 1 permit in early Jan.. then passed by about 1 month ago during my inquiry and asked to add a 2nd one for $2 more. Picked up both Monday AM.

Great news!!! Did he call both of your references? And when did you apply for the 2 PP's?

As I said two weeks ago, my file was moved to the detective's office for final review and reference calls. As of today, my references still have not been contacted. I am tempted to call the detective to see what is going on but I'm worried it would annoy him enough to put my papers at the bottom of the pile. Advice?

Aside: It's a sad reflection on the way things are that I am fearful to ask for something that I should be entitled to.

Well, after 219 days, I got the call that my permits were in, and I picked them up on my lunch. Last name 'P' in Belleville. Good luck to everyone else still waiting. Should be soon now.

Congrats Turbo. I know we had both been dealing with this from the beginning. Have fun!

Well, after 219 days, I got the call that my permits were in, and I picked them up on my lunch. Last name 'P' in Belleville. Good luck to everyone else still waiting. Should be soon now.

Congrats!

I called the Belleville records department today.

Detective Giacobbe told me that they're processing the records roughly in the order that they were originally filed (which is good for those who have been waiting longer). He said he's got about 125 applications to go through but to expect a call when your permits are ready for pickup.

Congrats Turbo. I know we had both been dealing with this from the beginning. Have fun!

This really was a crazy experience. One thing I know for sure - and no offence to any LGS's who frequent this forum - I absolutely will not buy anything from a retail store in NJ. All my purchases with be private sales ftf or from retailers in PA. The entire system in NJ is broken and overpriced, and I will not support it.

Anyone with any news in West Orange? I was told last week, "if i haven't called you, it's not done." Which is actually less reassuring than what I was told previously.

LOL... Bloomfield PD says, "If you did not get the letter, that means it's not done!"

So I just heard from Nutley PD and they are telling me they still are waiting on my Essex county check. Something is fishy. Anyone else been told they were still waiting on their mental health check?

Letter H.

Just spoke with Gus and you may want to make sure he has your mental health check. He told me that was all he was waiting on for me, yet when I called Nancy at Essex county she said she had never received the request (even though Gus has a proof of delivery). So he is having to send mine out again.

Just spoke with Gus and you may want to make sure he has your mental health check. He told me that was all he was waiting on for me, yet when I called Nancy at Essex county she said she had never received the request (even though Gus has a proof of delivery). So he is having to send mine out again.

I last spoke with him 3 weeks ago, he said at the time that they had received up to letter "G", and since I was letter "H" he expected my check to be back by the following week. I have not heard a word from him in the last 3 weeks. This makes me nervous that I might be in the same boat as you. I will try to call him tonight but I know it's rather difficult to reach him on the phone. This is pretty unbelievable. I think I'm on track to soon be the record holder for the longest wait during this whole fiasco.

Got lucky and was able to reach Gus on the phone a few minutes ago, luckily he told me that he had finally gotten my check back this week and it shouldn't be much longer. I am finally in the home strech it seems.

Applied for address change and 1 permit in early Dec in Bloomfield detective just called my references last wk.

WTF! 5 months and now they're calling. At least it means they are working at it.

PS. Unrelated, Am i able to purchase an AR in PA without a transfer to FFL?

Got lucky and was able to reach Gus on the phone a few minutes ago, luckily he told me that he had finally gotten my check back this week and it shouldn't be much longer. I am finally in the home strech it seems.

Hopefully he processes it and puts it for the Chief to sign this week so you can get them next week. Congrats!

Applied for address change and 1 permit in early Dec in Bloomfield detective just called my references last wk.

WTF! 5 months and now they're calling. At least it means they are working at it.

You can buy rifles and shottys in PA as long as you have a valid FID that matches your license so long as the guns are NJ legal.

Sorry to hijack the thread a little.

Are ARs treated as a handgun or rifle?

It's a rifle, but the catch is that most PA AR's are not NJ compliant so you are going to have a hard time finding one that is OK to bring back into NJ. Once they cross the Delaware those normal AR's become super dangerous and start killing people all on their own.

I thought Bloomfield did references by mail... Or do they do it by mail and call?