mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

Finally got my P2Ps from Montclair!!!

Last name starts with 'R', submitted on Nov 13th - so a few days short of 6 months.  

But its finally done and major points for MPD, they did the best they could.

So the backlog should be clearing up finally.

Now its on to the NICS delays, but I'll take the progress.

Today I received my letter stating that my pistol permits can be picked up from Bloomfield PD.

Applied on January 7th.  Total time was 4 months and 4 days, or 124 days.  

Will pick them up next week and then face the NICS ordeal for my G19.

GREAT NEWS!!!  What letter are you?  And did they call your references?

Finally got my P2Ps from Montclair!!!

Last name starts with 'R', submitted on Nov 13th - so a few days short of 6 months.

But its finally done and major points for MPD, they did the best they could.

So the backlog should be clearing up finally.

Now its on to the NICS delays, but I'll take the progress.

Great news , looks like I'm next . Talked to detective a couple weeks back and he said they were processing as fast they can as they got an influx of requests mid to late November. And health records are coming in slowly.

Got the call today...my permits are finally ready to be picked up. I was one week shy of the 7 month mark. Im in Nutley, letter H.

Congrats.  Still waiting for Nancy to send back my mental health check to Nutley.  Hoping I get the call in a week or two.

I have been waiting since Oct. 26th in Bloomfield.  Last name H....  They are no help when you call them.

Call Nancy in Essex county (number is way back in the beginning of the thread.  I called her last week to find out she had no record of my health check request being sent in, so my local PD had to resend it.  From what my local PD said he has heard that they lost tons of requests while waiting for the records to be restored.  You both may need to have them resent if you are still waiting.  Call her tomorrow morning.

Submitted in Newark in February. Went in last week (in person just to check). Saw my permit, it needed to be signed by the Chief/superior officer. Called today, receptionist told me it's highly unlikely that was my permit as it should take 4-5 months just for P2P's. Talk about ridiculous.

Submitted in Newark in February. Went in last week (in person just to check). Saw my permit, it needed to be signed by the Chief/superior officer. Called today, receptionist told me it's highly unlikely that was my permit as it should take 4-5 months just for P2P's. Talk about ridiculous.

You should have told her that New Jersey law states "30 Days"

Keep us posted.

Just got an email from Nutley that my paperwork will be ready for pickup on Tuesday of next week. Applied in early January.

Congrats man...i just picked up my pistol earlier this week. Hope everybody else still waiting gets their permits soon.