mx597turbo

Taking Action in Essex County

I'm in West Caldwell.  Dropped of paperwork on March 11, fingerprinted on March 22.  I called about 2 weeks ago to check on the status.  I told the officer that answered the phone that it had already been four months.  He laughed, said call back in another four months, and hung up on me.  My references got their letters the first week in June and promptly returned them. That's all I know....

I'm in West Caldwell.  Dropped of paperwork on March 11, fingerprinted on March 22.  I called about 2 weeks ago to check on the status.  I told the officer that answered the phone that it had already been four months.  He laughed, said call back in another four months, and hung up on me.  My references got their letters the first week in June and promptly returned them. That's all I know....

That would piss me right the F off. you need to contact the supervisor or better yet the mayor because that is unprofessional and you do not deserve to be spoken to that way as a taxpaying law abiding citizen paying his salary.. His attitude is what makes some of us view the LEO's handling our permits as stalling foot draggers who do not give a crap about our right to protect ourselves. I understand many of them are not, as my brother is an LEO, but as you can see, some are down right unconstitutional and have a poor attitude. 

as a taxpaying law abiding citizen paying his salary.

This will get you nowhere though it may be true.  You're better off contacting the mayor and police chief - you could even file a formal complaint with the PD regarding verbal abuse.  At this point, pushing your permit to the bottom of the stack is unlikely as it has ALREADY been 4 months.

After the mayor and police chief, if you find that you get no traction, then contact a lawyer.

Well, I submitted my paperwork on June 20th to Millburn PD for more PPs. They told me a few weeks, but that can mean anything. Anyone submitted post-records restoration and got them back already?

i submitted to millburn on june 6 for p2p, references received letters on the June 10 th and returned them on the 11th....no word yet.

Good to know. She is really nice. She was surprised I had all my paperwork in order. Reference letters went out fast too. I think I waited about 8-9 weeks for my FID before the madness. Just going in for PPs now.

Do you think there's a possibility I can ask them to increase the number of PPs on my application? She let me change it when I was submitting them. Don't know about afterwards.

Good to know. She is really nice. She was surprised I had all my paperwork in order. Reference letters went out fast too. I think I waited about 8-9 weeks for my FID before the madness. Just going in for PPs now.

Do you think there's a possibility I can ask them to increase the number of PPs on my application? She let me change it when I was submitting them. Don't know about afterwards.

According to my local PD, when you get your FID you have a "clean jacket" for one year so there are NO checks done and they should just process your subsequent applications ASAP.  As for changing the quantity you should just call and ask nicely as its just one more form for the person processing them to type out on the typewriter.

Well, I got my ID a while back so I'll need to go through the process again. Luckily I don't have to get finger printed again.

Made a call today, and they are still waiting on my records to come back, but they were willing to change my requested qty and add another PP to my app. AWESOME!

Person that helped me out was Nancy.

I called back this morning and spoke with someone who was much more helpful.  They told me my letter was going out in today's mail and that I should have it in a day or two.  If that's the case, it will be 4 months and a week since I dropped off my paperwork.

you need them to send you a letter to tell you your permits are ready?? Didn't they just tell you that they were done?

so crazy. 

They said they won't give me my permits unless I have the letter in hand.  I don't know why... maybe to confirm that I'm actually living at the address? It did annoy me a bit, but after waiting four months I wasn't going to argue about it.

Called Gloria last Thursday....she said the detectives have been very busy. I am calling a friend of mine tomorrow who is the chief in a Morris county town...get his take on it...maybe he is friendly with millburn chief. It will be 9 weeks thursday! I put a deposit on a glock last week on Gloria's optimism.

Give another call. Maybe the CO just signed them all. Mine was dated on the 14th.

Just talked to Gloria the other day, she apologizes, vacation, busy, blah blah blah...II reminded her she told me two weeks four weeks ago. Just very disappointed in my local government. Also how the PD handles it. It just feels adversarial. My son is a cop, I have raised thousands of dollars for National Law Enforcemnt Memorial Fund, donate money to purchase vests, etc. I expect more from people that I hold to a higher level. My son exemplifies those principles, I guess I was hoping administration would too. Oh well.

The very fact that we need permission to purchase a legal item is enough. I will be submitting for 3 PPP this monday. I may never even use them. If all goes well project exodus will be in effect and I will be across the border waving by the time they get around to it.

Just talked to Gloria the other day, she apologizes, vacation, busy, blah blah blah...II reminded her she told me two weeks four weeks ago. Just very disappointed in my local government. Also how the PD handles it. It just feels adversarial. My son is a cop, I have raised thousands of dollars for National Law Enforcemnt Memorial Fund, donate money to purchase vests, etc. I expect more from people that I hold to a higher level. My son exemplifies those principles, I guess I was hoping administration would too. Oh well.

Got THE CALL this am...picked up permit. That women is so nice it is hard it be ticked off. She did say they have been overwhelmed with permits since that home invasion. Let the bad guys beware....Millburn /Short Hills is now armed and dangerous!!

Bringing this thread back to life - yesterday I discovered at Bloomfield PD that the only thing missing in my file is a mental health check (supposedly from Essex County, but might me from Monmouth as well as I lived there for some time). I am on day 72 of my initial FID process and was just wondering if I am the only one SOL now or if this is still a problem for many. If so, any updates on how long it takes recently to clear mental health checks?

Thanks

@mchosi1

I just came back from Bloomfield PD, just to inquire ... there was a guy in front of me, last name letter " A " that picked up 2 permits. The clerk told me that they are doing some of my letters already (" C ")and that I should expect a letter soon. I also had to furnish another piece of info, for which she said that they sent out a letter a few days ago, so I was in luck to be there at the time and got her what she needed.

Hey Cobalt,

That was me in front of you.  Did you ever get your permits?