NJCK

Petitions needing more signatures!

first, i dont believe signing these petitions do anything at all. nothing. it may be a one line blurb in hussiens daily briefing. he'll look at it, and move on.

second, they could have raised the petition bar because the one guy who actually does have to read them probably go sick of all the different ones coming in, and decided to raise the quota to knock down some of the less popular ones

Done and although I may agree that this is most likely a fruitless attempt at preserving our rights, I do think that the cause is 110% worthy of exhausting every single possibility that we encounter regardless of how effective it may be. That's what the anti's do and it's obviously working out pretty good for them... just my 2 cents.

Guys, it takes seconds to sign off on these even if you think fruitless. However, consider a couple of things: 1) if the battle grows and the antis claim they have dominating support, petitions like these can be used to demonstrate otherwise because they are public record and would need to be turned over; 2) we need to show resound, solidarity, and convinction in our stance and cause, and this is one easy way; and 3) the WH responded to the very petition started on the very same website to have Piers Morgan sent home! Someone is paying attention...

Guys, it takes seconds to sign off on these even if you think fruitless. However, consider a couple of things: 1) if the battle grows and the antis claim they have dominating support, petitions like these can be used to demonstrate otherwise because they are public record and would need to be turned over; 2) we need to show resound, solidarity, and convinction in our stance and cause, and this is one easy way; and 3) the WH responded to the very petition started on the very same website to have Piers Morgan sent home! Someone is paying attention...

i never said i didnt sign them. i sign nearly all of them. i still think it doesnt do much

Signed all three. Will be emailing my congressman in couple minutes as well for the millionth time. But this time will be even better considering how they think to make kids safe is taking these guns and mags away, but yet a Philadelphia school yesterday had some random lady walk in who they did NOT question and she took a kid and they were searching for her, don't know if they found them yet or not just woke up lol. But it shows that school security should be more on their mind not guns. Even the news station walked into the school with no problem, wouldn't want people I know going there!

first, i dont believe signing these petitions do anything at all. nothing. it may be a one line blurb in hussiens daily briefing. he'll look at it, and move on.

second, they could have raised the petition bar because the one guy who actually does have to read them probably go sick of all the different ones coming in, and decided to raise the quota to knock down some of the less popular ones

It does something. AT the very least the opposition has already used it publicly as a measurable indication of how correct their position is. If we don't show up, that statement is not easily refuted. We STILL may not get a fair shake when the topic is discussed, but if there isn't anything up there to show, we can't refute that statement.

Someone says they are meaningless and too easy to fill out, what does that say about your position if you can't even manage to do that?

Sorry if I came off like a tool but I'm definitely on board by doing whatever I can to fight for our rights including signing petitions. After re-reading my last post, I think I was just overly frustrated, given what's been going on. Keeping tabs on everything that's been happening over the past month and trying to defend gun-ownership has been tiring but I'm 100% in the trenches! In any case, I've been signing anything that I've come across and wrote a ton of letters, emails, and made calls. I've been getting some responses to the emails that I sent but it's all mainly generic type stuff... nothing in response to anything I actually wrote about.