iRescue

This is what we're dealing with.

So I posted a video on my Facebook page about NY Sen. Greg Ball's comments during last night's debate about the NY civilian disarmament law.

This is one of the responses I got.

"Considering there are so many people that are mentally unstable in the US at the moment from recession effects, I support this ban 100%. The government has every right to initiate an act against this due to the fact that the 2nd amendment purpose was to raise Militias not for citizens under every day conditions to bare arms, especially assault weapons...the issue is people need more education in history then they'll understand the true context of the United States..."

These are the type of people that make up the percentage of numbers the media is reporting as "for gun ban"

I promptly explained to this woman in a calm manner what the second amendment was really designed to do and backed that up with the supreme court rulings.

Folks, please spend time educating misguided people on the truth about gun ownership.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm waiting for the inevitable facebook battle I'll have with someone I know. You should've sent her the writings of some of the founding fathers. Wonder how she'd try to spin that considering pretty much all of them have at least one major quote that the citizens ought to be armed. Also, if she falls back on the old musket line, tell her about the Girandoni air rifles they had back then that had a 20 shot capacity. I'm sure she'll love that one.

I work with people like that every day. There is no explaining anything to them, there's no getting through to them. Their head is so far up their ass its not even funny, the ignorance is astounding..it really boggles my mind. A lot of the ignorance is based on fear and they really believe people's - the general population's lives - are in danger with "assault weapons" in our hands.

Folks, please spend time educating misguided people on the truth about gun ownership.

It's impossible with some people.

Wow! This is getting intense. Guns, parenting, video games, society.....Whose fault is it? What it comes down to is there is a purpose, good purpose, for guns! Hunting, protection, target shooting, all good reasons to have one, but what is not needed is a gun that shoots round after round! Why are they needed? We are never going to stop crime that involves guns, but if we can attempt to take away the ones that can take out 10 -30 people in seconds, isnt that worth the "invasion into your rights"!?

My two friends and I have tried teaching her...there is no getting through. She is just ignorant and unwilling to learn.

"Considering there are so many people that are mentally unstable in the US at the moment from recession effects, I support this ban 100%. The government has every right to initiate an act against this due to the fact that the 2nd amendment purpose was to raise Militias not for citizens under every day conditions to bare arms

So she wants to ban short sleeve shirts? :p

"Considering there are so many people that are mentally unstable in the US at the moment from recession effects, I support this ban 100%. The government has every right to initiate an act against this due to the fact that the 2nd amendment purpose was to raise Militias not for citizens under every day conditions to bare arms, especially assault weapons...the issue is people need more education in history then they'll understand the true context of the United States..."

Under every day conditions? So if the US Gov ever became a total dictatorship should we ask them for our weapons back so we can revolt?

I think one of the greatest failings in this war has been our willingness to allow people to label firearms as "assault weapons" in the first place. Once that was allowed to come to pass every bleeding heart liberal across the country thinks a firearm's only purpose is to kill.

Under every day conditions? So if the US Gov ever became a total dictatorship should we ask them for our weapons back so we can revolt?

I think one of the greatest failings in this war has been our willingness to allow people to label firearms as "assault weapons" in the first place. Once that was allowed to come to pass every bleeding heart liberal across the country thinks a firearm's only purpose is to kill.

I agree 100%. Every time I hear someone say "assault weapons" I instantly ask them how and who a gun could assault. I hate that. Objects don't assault anyone, crazy morons using them do. Same could applied to a hammer or a bat.