Wojo

Obama Livid about gun rights backlash

Interesting read.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2013/01/16/republican-insider-obama-livid-over-gun-rights-backlash/

A brief update from a Republican Insider fighting to renew conservative principles and defeat the globalist Big Government liberalism of Barack Obama and his supporters.

obama_story_4.jpg

(“Like a spoiled brat he can’t believe he had to scrap the original speech for today’s version.”)

Like me you were probably watching the president’s gun control speech today. Was told this morning the presentation today was a revised version that was completed just last night after a bunch of back and forth between the White House and Senate leaders. Guessing that would be Harry Reid mostly. Last week the president was ready to go all in on the executive order scenario. Confiscation was going to be in play. Then the backlash came and it forced Obama to back off. He didn’t want to but after Reid said it was a no go, and the NRA was preparing to go to war with the White House, the president was given a revised script and that is what we heard this morning. You could tell too. Obama stumbled over the words more than usual. He didn’t have the time to prep the script like he normally does. Probably fuming he was forced to read the new version also.

This time WE WON and OBAMA LOST.

If people want to know how to go at the administration, this is how you do it. Be informed, and make your voices heard. This is an example of how the new media I have been telling you about can work against the globalists. It can be a huge weapon against them. And a big thank you to the NRA. It took on Obama and didn’t back off. A big part of the plan coming from the White House was to cripple the NRA and make it a liability for 2014 and beyond. That didn’t work and it will be a liability, but one that is going to hurt Democrats, not conservatives. Big time backfire for the Obama White House. I was told it “rocked them on their heels”. They fundamentally don’t understand the American people and they didn’t see this backlash coming. They have the media, and the glossy presentations, but they don’t really understand the American people and this debate was a pure example of that being played out. I love it!

Congrats to the state governments that were willing to voice opposition too. They did that and took on a lot of risk. Heard a list is being made and federal dollars might be taken away from them. Those state leaders knew that could happen but took on the administration anyways. That’s real leadership and courage being put on display for all of us and voters living in those states need to let those leaders know it is appreciated. You know how I feel about how important the 10th Amendment is, and today was also a big victory for the 10th Amendment against the Obama White House.

Now from here it’s clear Obama wants to try and use the issue as leverage for the 2014 midterms. They are hoping they can salvage something out of what became a fiasco for them. I just don’t sense enough Democrats willing to play along on this one though. Apparently the NRA and some other groups were lining up primary challengers to Democrats who went along with the president’s gun control plans and letting those Democrats know it was coming. That scared the heck out of them. Barack Obama is entering his lame duck phase, and the Democrats know it. After 2014 he becomes a museum piece. The president knows that too and it’s really ticking him off. We have to rub that in his face 24/7 while also building the conservative base back up into the kind of powerful entity it should be.

When people get involved, and make some noise, they still have the power. Use the new media, contact the lawmakers both state and federal, and talk to the people around you. That is power. That is what makes America so great and that is what happened today.

The president had his little moment, and was pretending it meant something, but he said nothing. That 21 (23) point plan or whatever it was, was hollow. It was a gutted version of what he was hoping to do as recently as a few days ago. Instead, he had to roll over and made a weak threat to Congress but that threat starts in the Senate and they already told him to shut up. Obama backed off. He lost this time, and it was all because of the American people. His media will try to spin it as something different, and if he gets another chance, the president will be right back to pushing for confiscation, but for now, we won this particular fight.

This victory is a lot bigger than you’ll hear in the regular media. It’s a lot bigger than anyone who stood their ground will ever know about. The Obama White House was trying to go very big on this gun control thing, and couldn’t pull it off. And Barack Obama is livid about it. Like a spoiled brat he can’t believe he had to scrap the original speech for today’s version.

Today was a great day for the good guys. Of course, there’s always another fight just around the corner, so we have to be ready. Let your readers know they did a great job on this. Each of them were a part of forcing the president to back off. Let’s do it again!

-RI

________

He did seem defeated in his speech today. Although im not so sure I believe everything above either. It's a different itme, it's a different America, it's the age of instant information and instant reply. I think there are more smarter, well informed, logical, level headed people today then ever before. And it's easier for the true Americans to be heard.

Sorry, my head is spinning and dont understand the celebration. Didnt the EO include ban of ALL mags larger than 10 capacity ?

Doesnt that make most of the standard Glocks non compliant ? Pardon my ignorance.

The 20-something Executive Orders signed had to do with the expansion of background checks and other feel good legislations. It also indirectly expanded ObamaCare. Not that I like any of what was signed, but it's helluva lot better than mag-limits, gun bans, and mandatory registration.

Now, to win the battle within NJ. February 8th, here we come...

I keep seeing this mistake. It did not expand background checks. He can't do that with an EO. That can only be done with laws, either state or federal. All he did is ask the ATF to send a letter to FFLs about how to do NICS checks for FTF in case such a law were passed or people voluntarily wanted to do it.

I don't see how he would be so angry at being forced to reposition himself last week when the study was still gathering information and no direction was established last week. The whole article just sounds like someone trying to pat themselves on the back for accomplishing nothing. Too much hot air going around and too little facts. From what I see, Obama is repudiating New York's over zealous knee jerk reaction in favor of a more balanced approach and putting meaningful mental health checks in place could prove an asset to most of us and our organizations.

I don't see how he would be so angry at being forced to reposition himself last week when the study was still gathering information and no direction was established last week. The whole article just sounds like someone trying to pat themselves on the back for accomplishing nothing.

if you really think bHo didnt know exactly what he was going to say LONG before uncle joes witch hunt of a 'task force' handed in their 'findings'.........

I read this on FB earlier but don't want people to have some false sense of security that the fight is over. This fight won't be over until they are either out of office or do not have any meaningful majorities in the house or senate. Now is not the time to relax and let your guard down, keep up the pressure.

We cannot stop keep sending letters. i write one here everyday

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

do the ruger letter once a day.

do usps mail once a week. just keep writing and calling.we cannot take this as a victory we need to keep pushing them back.

I'm with you Vlad. I can't see livid because I don't see any emotion in this issue by the "O" team, strictly a political calculation.

If anything he's livid at being upstaged on the issue by Cuomo, ("little sfacime") whose breathless shouting rant hopefully ended any hopes for elective national office.

I read this on FB earlier but don't want people to have some false sense of security that the fight is over. This fight won't be over until they are either out of office or do not have any meaningful majorities in the house or senate. Now is not the time to relax and let your guard down, keep up the pressure.

"They" being exactly whom? After seeing who voted YES in NY for their clusterphuck new gun laws earlier this week, who is "They"? Can't label "They" as simply Democrats anymore can we? "They" are the sheep that follow-along. "They" are those that can not stand and think on their own. "They" are selling themselves out, and the rest of the country with their pathetic votes. I printed the list of those that voted "for" the new gun laws in NY. It will be interesting to see just what the people of NY do come next election. I betcha most will still get voted right back in! New York State needs to separate itself from the city and form it's own state, otherwise those that thought they lived in "Free America" in Upstate New York will always be tied to the disgusting city on NYC............

"They" being exactly whom? After seeing who voted YES in NY for their clusterphuck new gun laws earlier this week, who is "They"? Can't label "They" as simply Democrats anymore can we? "They" are the sheep that follow-along. "They" are those that can not stand and think on their own. "They" are selling themselves out, and the rest of the country with their pathetic votes. I printed the list of those that voted "for" the new gun laws in NY. It will be interesting to see just what the people of NY do come next election. I betcha most will still get voted right back in! New York State needs to separate itself from the city and form it's own state, otherwise those that thought they lived in "Free America" in Upstate New York will always be tied to the disgusting city on NYC............

I'm not siding with republicans or democrats, I think they both have problems adhering to constitutional principles and constraints. However the more liberal of those two groups are problematic from a second amendment perspective. Democrats are more inclined to argue that restraining the rights of the law abiding will make the whole of the people safer. They have proven in every region of the country they control that their ideology has faild yet never content to have been proven wrong they continue to blame the freedoms of masses for the criminal behavior of the few. So in short I would say the "they" are the more radical liberal/Marxist left most commonly associated with the Democrat party from the north east and west coast. Voting them out of positions of power would be a very good start.

I bet there were rocked on their heels. Ever see a spoiled child throw a fit because they couldn't get their way? What the 'thing' is or was is irrelevant, NOT getting their way sets them off. Trust me, I worked with middle east royalty and the fits some would have over the littlest things used to crack me up.