BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

Thought I posted my TRP but forgot to. Was going to get full rail but didn’t want to stray too far from traditional look with a rail. Didn’t really want the rail at all but liked the look.

7134caad96f304a5fdccaaa855991573.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

If4egWT.jpg

Some would say not to shoot it.  It is a collectable.   Her value will go up.  It's a safe queen.  But Mr Rogers would say fuck them and light tha pig on fire, run her hard and learn the gun.

• Like 1

Falcon Reborn - Falcon 2.0

I decided to take a trip for my birthday to the Ozarks. Slight turn to Nighthawk Customs in Berryville, Ar... Stayed in beautiful Eureka Springs. 

Month or so ago, I sent my Falcon in to the original builder for a face lift. I am second owner. It left NH in 2013 with a black slide and olive drab green frame. Evidently, the owner got sick of the green and had the whole gun cerakoted black. Normally most of their black 1911s are Nitride. So I had them re- nitride the whole gun back to orig look. I changed out the NH grips with another set of NH grips with a pewter NH emblem. I removed the rear Heine site, (hated it) and installed a Trij rear. While it was there, had them install new ss barrel and had it gold tin coated. They fine tuned everything and test fired it. At the advice of the builder, why not blacked the barrel bushing and trigger. It would look awesome. Gave him the ok. They had everything ready by time I arrived. 

These are awesome people. Facilities are huge and well stocked with top notch machinery. The facility is huge! I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks to Bob and Joe for the welcome and tour. Now waiting for my 9mm Agent 2 which will be another 2 months or so.

Here are some before and after shots.

When I bought it....

5acf0c86ef47bca7f45cfbb7ddb4235c.jpg
5ac4fab3ada8952ad73bc9e06e907fd8.jpg

Then to this by me......

4cb72381bc1bbabbd792f1554417e702.jpg
1343506c58393a33d2dd674648537453.jpg

Now......
(excuse oil)

Can’t wait to shoot it! [emoji16]

Falcon20_Rt_800.jpg

Falcon20_lt_800.jpg

Falcon20_Lt_Cocked.jpg

Falcon20_rear_800.jpg

Falcon20_Rt_Cocked_800.jpg

9 hours ago, bhunted said:

Falcon Reborn - Falcon 2.0

I decided to take a trip for my birthday to the Ozarks. Slight turn to Nighthawk Customs in Berryville, Ar... Stayed in beautiful Eureka Springs. 

Month or so ago, I sent my Falcon in to the original builder for a face lift. I am second owner. It left NH in 2013 with a black slide and olive drab green frame. Evidently, the owner got sick of the green and had the whole gun cerakoted black. Normally most of their black 1911s are Nitride. So I had them re- nitride the whole gun back to orig look. I changed out the NH grips with another set of NH grips with a pewter NH emblem. I removed the rear Heine site, (hated it) and installed a Trij rear. While it was there, had them install new ss barrel and had it gold tin coated. They fine tuned everything and test fired it. At the advice of the builder, why not blacked the barrel bushing and trigger. It would look awesome. Gave him the ok. They had everything ready by time I arrived. 

These are awesome people. Facilities are huge and well stocked with top notch machinery. The facility is huge! I would recommend them to anyone. Thanks to Bob and Joe for the welcome and tour. Now waiting for my 9mm Agent 2 which will be another 2 months or so.

Here are some before and after shots.

When I bought it....

5acf0c86ef47bca7f45cfbb7ddb4235c.jpg
5ac4fab3ada8952ad73bc9e06e907fd8.jpg

Then to this by me......

4cb72381bc1bbabbd792f1554417e702.jpg
1343506c58393a33d2dd674648537453.jpg

Now......
(excuse oil)

Can’t wait to shoot it! [emoji16]

Falcon20_Rt_800.jpg

Falcon20_lt_800.jpg

Falcon20_Lt_Cocked.jpg

Falcon20_rear_800.jpg

Falcon20_Rt_Cocked_800.jpg

ooooo.   aaaaaaa..

New to me Service Grade CMP 1911.  Remington Rand slide on an Ithaca frame circa 1944.  Note the "Yawman" stamped trigger invented by Ithaca.  Markings include Augusta Arsenal (AA), Anniston Army Depot (ANAND), Frank J. Atwood inspector (FJA) and some others I'm still deciphering based on coolgunsite.com.  It's like I'm trying to decode the Rosetta Stone to figure out the provenance of the parts.

Sent in the paperwork about a year ago, got a 9500 range lottery number, forgot about it and wrote it off, and then my cell phone rang last Thursday at 9AM from Anniston, Alabama.  Took her home today (you gotta love Florida and $15 no-hassle transfers).

Was it worth the price compared to what I could have bought 1911-wise in today's market?  Probably not.

But, it pairs nicely with my CMP Garands and it's cool AF!!!

nlB2FPsl.jpg

x5fRAgjl.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

New to me Service Grade CMP 1911.  Remington Rand slide on an Ithaca frame circa 1944.  Note the "Yawman" stamped trigger invented by Ithaca.  Markings include Augusta Arsenal (AA), Anniston Army Depot (ANAND), Frank J. Atwood inspector (FJA) and some others I'm still deciphering based on coolgunsite.com.  It's like I'm trying to decode the Rosetta Stone to figure out the provenance of the parts.

Sent in the paperwork about a year ago, got a 9500 range lottery number, forgot about it and wrote it off, and then my cell phone rang last Thursday at 9AM from Anniston, Alabama.  Took her home today (you gotta love Florida and $15 no-hassle transfers).

Was it worth the price compared to what I could have bought 1911-wise in today's market?  Probably not.

nlB2FPsl.jpg

x5fRAgjl.jpg

That's the real deal right there. Want to sell it?

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 9:17 PM, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

nlB2FPsl.jpg

x5fRAgjl.jpg

That is amazing man 

I've added a few 1911's over the last month.  The theme has been "I like shiny things"...

Springfield Armory StainlessIMG_2019.JPG.463fe4cc5530415d36709733ada6120d.JPG

Sig Sauer Two-toneIMG_2020.JPG.b96280d24aab05502c823a8834f66780.JPG

Kimber Eclipse Target IIIMG_2021.JPG.8a4af9dbb628910f086401d4bbb96d81.JPG

Smith & WessonIMG_2022.JPG.c377f657d30e5e8b1d8cf70f02950276.JPG

Another is still in jail, should have that by the end of the month.  Let's just say it makes all of these look like imposters, and it's in 10mm :)

Just picked up another 1911 - Love the look and grips, has an amazingly light and crisp trigger.

Sign Max MIchael 1911.  Has had a trigger job from Sig and came with 5 Wilson Combat mags.  Series 80 parts all replaed with 70, the original parts are in the case.

Paid much less than what the tag says.  I love NH!304692711_SigMaxM.jpeg.eda04b83add62e38130a7826d889ca47.jpeg

On 2/14/2020 at 1:53 PM, mustang69 said:

Just picked up another 1911 - Love the look and grips, has an amazingly light and crisp trigger.

Sign Max MIchael 1911.  Has had a trigger job from Sig and came with 5 Wilson Combat mags.  Series 80 parts all replaed with 70, the original parts are in the case.

Paid much less than what the tag says.  I love NH!304692711_SigMaxM.jpeg.eda04b83add62e38130a7826d889ca47.jpeg

What caliber did you get?  How does it shoot?  I've heard good things about these.  

On 11/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, mustang69 said:

Another is still in jail, should have that by the end of the month.  Let's just say it makes all of these look like imposters, and it's in 10mm :)

Did you ever spring this one from jail??  Let’s see some pics