BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

3 hours ago, Bully said:

What caliber did you get?  How does it shoot?  I've heard good things about these.  

I got it in .45 acp.  Haven't shot it yet.

1 hour ago, NJSigfan said:

Did you ever spring this one from jail??  Let’s see some pics

Dan Wesson Razorback

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

So, I have this old Para Ordnance SSP single-stack with the finish in really bad shape. And I'd seen a unique looking cerakote job by the Sons of Liberty Gun Works on an AR. I put them together and went to Legacy Indoor Range and Armory who humored my mental situation and did this for me:

On 2/29/2020 at 3:47 PM, AndyB said:

So, I have this old Para Ordnance SSP single-stack with the finish in really bad shape. And I'd seen a unique looking cerakote job by the Sons of Liberty Gun Works on an AR. I put them together and went to Legacy Indoor Range and Armory who humored my mental situation and did this for me:

IMG_3652 small.jpg

IMG_3653 small.jpg

Ummmmm, it looks, nice?

My Sig 1911 Tacops is my home defense gun. It's not the prettiest 1911, but I like the no-nonsense look and feel of it. I've put quite a few rounds through it and it has proven to be reliable and accurate. I like the Wilson combat magazine for the quality and the additional rounds. I feel the laser/light can only help in acquiring a target in an emergency situation and, hopefully, getting him to think twice before advancing towards me or my family.

You guys have some beautiful 1911s.

IMG_7526.jpg

HomeD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Almost a 1911, close enough to be included here.

Anyone have one of these Colt Ace Conversion Units?  Would love to get some history on this if anyone knows how to tell the age.  This one has been shot, looks like a lot.  Saw it at the FFL and it was cheap enough to take home.  Complete kit but no box.  Tried it on a couple of Colt frames and seems to work great.  Slide locks back on an empty mag like it's supposed to .

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

That picture was on my phone from months ago, and I did not want to show the serial number. It is not tape, though. It is actually a fortune from a fortune cookie that reads “Never quit!”

I was showing that side of the pistol because it was one of the error series 70 guns they produced that does not say “Colt Government Model” on the right side of the slide.

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

There is no reason to cover the serial number, unless the gun is stolen.

You don't think so huh? What about this for a reason?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/10/22/google-firearm-serial-numbers/

• Informative 1

I used to shoot IPSC with Austin's son Frank, who now runs a sports memorabilia store in Lahaska. Franks son's name is Colt.

And here's a little story about Austin. I can’t vouch for the truthfulness of this story, but it is one of my favorites.

Austin was set-up behind the line at Camp Perry one year, doing some gunsmithing. A distraught competitor ran up to his tent and explained that he was due on the line shortly and he had just noticed that his front sight was bent.

Austin took the gun from him, examined it and confirmed that the sight was, indeed, bent. “Can you fix it?” inquired the owner, hopefully. Austin told him to pick-up the gun, grip it as he normally would, extend it out to a firing position and turn his head. The owner complied, at which point Austin picked-up a brass mallet from the bench and whacked the front sight, nearly knocking the gun out of the owner’s hands.

The owner went ballistic, screaming, “What have you done?” to which Austin calmly replied, “Look down the sights,” which the owner did. “Is it straight?” inquired Austin. After looking at the sights the incredulous owner said, “Yes, yes they are”, to which Austin replied, “That’ll be $15.” The owner protests, “$15? That’s highway robbery. All you did was hit it with a hammer.” Austin looked at him and said, “It’s only $5 for hitting it with a hammer, but $10 for knowing how hard.”

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pizza Bob said:

You don't think so huh? What about this for a reason?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/10/22/google-firearm-serial-numbers/

Not enough to convince me.  The serial number for your vehicle is in plain sight too.

13 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Not enough to convince me.  The serial number for your vehicle is in plain sight too.

If the thought of Zuckerberg having a database of civilian firearm serial numbers doesn't send chills up your spine, then you're a better man than I. Just the beginning of a slippery slope.

Tin-foil-hat.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

58 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

I used to shoot IPSC with Austin's son Frank, who now runs a sports memorabilia store in Lahaska. Franks son's name is Colt.

Frank was running the store front when we went. I still have his hand written work orders. (Mrs. 45Doll has an identical pistol.) I guess the gunsmithing retired with Austin.

Nice to know at least one person on the forum (or in the state?) knows who Austin was. And I loved the story, true or not. Those pistols are like part of our hands when we shoot them.

BTW, I also called Bill Wilson that year about similar work. But I was new to firearms and the thought of sending them both off to Arkansas to someone I never met was too much to consider. So we drove down to Behlert's, whose reputation at the time was more than assuring. I guess if Wilson had done the work we might have some added prestige value to the pistols now. But we got what we paid for and they shoot great.

4 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

If the thought of Zuckerberg having a database of civilian firearm serial numbers doesn't send chills up your spine, then you're a better man than I. Just the beginning of a slippery slope.

Tin-foil-hat.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Don't do social media, thanks 

12 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Don't do social media, thanks 

What does that have to do with somebody like Zuckerberg having a database of civilian firearms? He's not collecting the numbers from Facebook but from the whole Internet. No chance for abuse there - what could possibly go wrong?

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

This is social media meat wad 

Wait, what?

If you think that posting pictures of your guns on the internet is going to get them confiscated or something, then you mind as well turn yours in.  Sorry @Pizza Bob, I don't comply

11 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

How about stop worrying about Jeff Bazos or whoever and fucking live.

I agree with @Ray Ray on this. I could care less who knows the serial numbers on my firearms. What are they going to do with that info? Make a list and check it twice to see if I've been naughty or nice? The government already has the serial number of every gun I've ever purchased except for private purchases of long guns anyway so whats the big deal? Whats Zuckerberg going to do with serial numbers?

6 minutes ago, fishnut said:

I agree with @Ray Ray on this. I could care less who knows the serial numbers on my firearms. What are they going to do with that info? Make a list and check it twice to see if I've been naughty or nice? The government already has the serial number of every gun I've ever purchased except for private purchases of long guns anyway so whats the big deal? Whats Zuckerberg going to do with serial numbers?

Dunno. But I’m finding it interesting you agree with @Ray Ray.

ps. Stay out of Bayonne 

9 minutes ago, fishnut said:

The government already has the serial number of every gun I've ever purchased except for private purchases of long guns anyway so whats the big deal? Whats Zuckerberg going to do with serial numbers?

Nationwide, private transfers account for a lot of guns.   Plus everything ever sold before 1968.  And everything in those categories legally owned by folks moving into NJ.   You don't think Governor Gopher and his lapdog AG are salivating over the chance to mine and abuse that data?  Consider how much time and effort they waste trying to shut down legal online ammo sales.

Besides, it's none of Zuckerberg's damn business.   

I would assume anyone who had a firearm that was beyond the purview of all record keeping systems would be discreet about putting pictures of that firearm and its serial number on the Internet.

If a firearm is already traceable and in the information pipe by serial number, then maybe not so important.

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Dunno. But I’m finding it interesting you agree with @Ray Ray.

ps. Stay out of Bayonne 

Been there, its a shithole. 

2 hours ago, 10X said:

Nationwide, private transfers account for a lot of guns.   Plus everything ever sold before 1968.  And everything in those categories legally owned by folks moving into NJ.   You don't think Governor Gopher and his lapdog AG are salivating over the chance to mine and abuse that data?  Consider how much time and effort they waste trying to shut down legal online ammo sales.

Besides, it's none of Zuckerberg's damn business.   

Yes but after moving to a free state I've found that most private sales between strangers the buyer and seller both get copys of a bill of sale that includes the serial# (kinda like a COE) and if the purchaser does not have a ccw permit the seller often will require the transfer to take place at an FFL. So there may be a paper trail even with private sales. 

As for the rest of your post I don't give two shits if Murphy knows what I legally own. Whats he gonna do about it when I live in NH?

I agree its none of Zuckerbergs business but what can he do with the information besides make a list?

• Informative 2