BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

That is Amazing. What is a pre-fire model? What type of wood are the grips?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Dan Wesson had a fire last year that destroyed their factory. They are back in business. I sent my Valor to them for work.

I ordered a couple pairs of the Sarge 1911 grips today. I don't have many exotic wood grips and I want to dress up a couple 1911s that I own. Here is a pair of grips that Wicked Grips did for me years ago. This was a project 1911 that I started and EGW finished. It was then sent off to Chuck Rogers for some metal work. Ted Yost did the high polish blue finish.

patriot25.jpg

I ordered a couple pairs of the Sarge 1911 grips today. I don't have many exotic wood grips and I want to dress up a couple 1911s that I own. Here is a pair of grips that Wicked Grips did for me years ago. This was a project 1911 that I started and EGW finished. It was then sent off to Chuck Rogers for some metal work. Ted Yost did the high polish blue finish.patriot25.jpg

Sweet looking Paul.

Dawson Precision Competition ready STI Trojan .45.

Gun is tight stripped, cleaned and lubed. This gun was clean and lubed already no machining sniffles any where smelled like rustlick so i cleaned it any way I could have shot it right out of the box..

stitrojan003_zpse87dac15.jpg

stitrojan001_zps452ced52.jpg

I ordered a couple pairs of the Sarge 1911 grips today. I don't have many exotic wood grips and I want to dress up a couple 1911s that I own. Here is a pair of grips that Wicked Grips did for me years ago. This was a project 1911 that I started and EGW finished. It was then sent off to Chuck Rogers for some metal work. Ted Yost did the high polish blue finish.

patriot25.jpg

So clean!

Here's my Pistol Dynamics custom 2011 built by Paul Liebenberg. May not be a 1911, per se, but definitely worth showing. No pixie dust here.

DSC_1095A.jpg

DSC_1097.JPG

Thanks Bullzeye for the lead. :)

Cool! Glad you finally got it in your possession. It looks like a real winner from all angles. A beauty of a piece built by one of the best in the industry. If I didnt have enough 2011s that are safe queens then I would have jumped onto buying this one. It needs to be used alot and I think its found a very good home for that.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Rob is great....

I sent my Ed Brown Kobra Carry to Alchemy Customs for some work. Their work is amazing!

IMG_20130820_1335241_zps85c87414.jpg

IMG_20130820_1334451_zps238bd197.jpg

IMG_20130820_1338431_zpsd1905410.jpg

IMG_20130820_1336421_zpse8d3aff2.jpg

IMG_20130820_1340211_zps5b969514.jpg

IMG_20130820_1344211_zps891e7500.jpg

Man that looks just stunning! Congrats on the metal work. I will be sending Rob a couple projects this week. How long was the turnaround time?

Quick, maybe 2 weeks at his shop tops

Wow! That sounds too good to be true. The only quality 1911 gunsmith I've seen work that fast is Gary Natale from Gans Guns. Good to know there are other shops with solid reputations that are moving at a rapid pace.

Chuck Rogers just finished working his magic on this one. The gun was built by EGW years ago when EGW still did custom work. It is chambered in 9x23 and also 9mm. Shoot like a dream and now it looks as good as she shoots. Finish is black graphite cerakote. Hopefully get this one back this week.

3.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

Id like to play!

So while legally this is mine......according to my wife, this doesn't exist until Christmas! Haven't even fired her yet (the gun, not the wife) Haven't even learned how to take her down and clean her either (again, talking about the gun) My first 1911 and I sneak a peak when Im in my safe every now and then. Im the literal "kid at Christmas" busting at the seams!

IMG_20131208_221042_zps69d4c676.jpg

IMG_20131209_073505_zpsd4e69f0a.jpg

IMG_20131209_073455_zpse4ce234e.jpg

IMG_20131209_073404_zpsc015b40e.jpg

IMG_20131209_073352_zps646745c4.jpg

Chuck Rogers just finished working his magic on this one. The gun was built by EGW years ago when EGW still did custom work. It is chambered in 9x23 and also 9mm. Shoot like a dream and now it looks as good as she shoots. Finish is black graphite cerakote. Hopefully get this one back this week.

3.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

gorgeous

Finally bought one, looking forward to shooting first idpa match with it soon. I was on the fence between this and a GI No Name, this one just called out my name....no nonsense reliable idpa machine. I love the sights as they are similar to my sevingy I run on my Glocks. Working up loads for it tonight and hope to fully break it in this week.

post-3162-0-92537500-1388369385_thumb.jpg

post-3162-0-35371900-1388369395_thumb.jpg

What model is that?

It was an older Springfield Armory 1911. Not a mil spec and not a Loaded model. It was originally chambered in 9x23 Win from the factory which is pretty rare. It was in rough shape when I got it. Evolution gun works basically gutted it out and save the frame and slide. Fitted everything else to my specs. The original slide had so many tool marks on it that Springfield gave EGW a new one for free. The new one was a bald slide which I like.

It was an older Springfield Armory 1911. Not a mil spec and not a Loaded model. It was originally chambered in 9x23 Win from the factory which is pretty rare. It was in rough shape when I got it. Evolution gun works basically gutted it out and save the frame and slide. Fitted everything else to my specs. The original slide had so many tool marks on it that Springfield gave EGW a new one for free. The new one was a bald slide which I like.

That's awesome man, I didn't know other models besides the range officer came with those sights. What do you think of the cerakote, do you think its scratch proof? I just got a new range officer with that para coating and it already has a huge scratch on it, don't even know how it happened. I'm thinking about doing cerakote myself with a toaster oven. The only thing I'm unsure about is removing and reinstalling the sights. I seen the tool to do it but I'm nervous about scratching the finish when reinstalling them.

Finally finished my Colt today. All back together and awaiting first meal.

Fresh Cerakote, new vz grips with turbo screws, new Trijicon sights and new Wilson 8 round mags. All new springs....

post-5135-138843646613_thumb.jpg

post-5135-138843648964_thumb.jpg

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...