BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

Here you go Twong...

My Wilson Combat Custom 1911...

Thanks for heeding the call. Never saw cuts at an angle before. That's sweet. I waited 3+ years till mine finally hit his bench. Worth every minute. :) I'd like a Yost too if his wait wasn't so insane.

2mM42l.jpg

.22TCM is pretty great, it's the poor man's 5.7. Comes with a 9mm barrel/spring too, uses the same magazine.

Nice micromag, first person on this forum to have one, a TCM very out of the box idea. You no likey? Calling it a poor mans 5.7?

Nice micromag, first person on this forum to have one, a TCM very out of the box idea. You no likey? Calling it a poor mans 5.7?

On the contrary, poor man's 5.7 is exactly what I want! It's half the price, it's a 1911, and you can actually find the ammo for sale, even today.

Having fired a 5.7, there's not a whole lot of difference besides the feel of the gun. The 5.7 is really big, really light, and really loud. The TCM is not so big, not so light, but still really loud and very low recoil. Supposedly the rounds are similar ballistically, but I don't care too much about that. It's more of a range toy.

Ok, one more to contribute. This is my single-stack USPSA beater.

DSC_0628A.jpg

Started off as a Colt MkIV. Did my own 30lpi hand checkering to the front strap. Blended and checkered mainspring housing. Was originally a 20lpi arched S&A housing. Thinned and reprofiled the S&A ambi-target safety. Slightly wider than a tac safety but not the paddles like the original profile. Fitted over-sized Clark bushing. Blended beavertail. Peened rails and lapped to a Caspian barstock slide. Flattened and 40lpi serrated rear of slide. Heinie target sights on the top. Throat, polish and mild bevel carry. Finished off with media blasting the stainless and aluminum. Parked and Cerakoted the slide and frame.

Thanks for heeding the call. Never saw cuts at an angle before. That's sweet. I waited 3+ years till mine finally hit his bench. Worth every minute. :) I'd like a Yost too if his wait wasn't so insane.

Chuck Rogers is doing the same cuts on my EGW 9mm/9x23 that I posted a picture of on this thread. Three plus years was worth the wait for your CT Brian. I'm still waiting for Richard Heinie to do scallops on the front strap of one of his custom guns for me. It's been close to two years for that. Lol.

I had a Yost 1* 1911 but traded it away for another 1911. It was nice but no way near what Yost can do with a full custom build. I have a keen interest in getting Jason Burton to build me a pistol. Purchased a mint large roll mark series 70 Colt last year for the project. I'm going back and forth whether I should just keep the colt stock or get it customized. It's such a clean example of an original series 70 that it deserves to be left unmolested.

Colt Series 70 1911. Factory stock. One of the first 1000 ever made. May be the base gun for a future custom build. Would like to keep it factory stock but its not alot of fun to shoot with the micro sights and constant hammer bite.

DPP_0016.jpg

Fantastic pictures, not to be a downer but, any thoughts on our plan B if there is a 5 round limit? Ive got 3 1911s and hopefully I shouldnt worry, right?

I'll cross that bridge when we get there. Have not thought of it at all to be honest. It would be real easy to permanently modify a 1911 mag to hold 5 rounds though. If thats the case then its just practicing lots and lots of mag changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GsmUzSBaUQ

Fantastic pictures, not to be a downer but, any thoughts on our plan B if there is a 5 round limit? Ive got 3 1911s and hopefully I shouldnt worry, right?

Yeah. Mass non-compliance.

I'll have to get my 1911's all photogenic and on this page too... First I have to replace the broken hammer on my Kimber (MIM parts suck!)