BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

To each their own. This is show and tell. I personally don't like Glocks. **NO HE DIDN'T!** Yes I did. LOL!

But to leave a comment on a 1911 thread that he has "no desire", then I was like let me take off my fake nails and weave, then I was like no he didn't!

Huh? (Scratching head)...

But to leave a comment on a 1911 thread that he has "no desire", then I was like let me take off my fake nails and weave, then I was like no he didn't!

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

It's all subjective. I absolutely hate Beretta's, sucks that it's the only sidearm we qualify on. But I have never had as much fun shooting as I do with my 1911.

Here's a picture of my 1911 in my belt rig. I'll try to upload a picture from my phone later, that's all I've got though since she's 700 miles away :(

2012-07-09204849.jpg

dont flame me guys, I never shot a 1911, just held one in my hand once. I really didn't like it, too heavy, just 8 shots, trigger felt excellent though... I gotta shoot one to see what I'm missing, I just don't get the high prices on some 1911s, are they really that sweet?

dont flame me guys, I never shot a 1911, just held one in my hand once. I really didn't like it, too heavy, just 8 shots, trigger felt excellent though... I gotta shoot one to see what I'm missing, I just don't get the high prices on some 1911s, are they really that sweet?

This is :facepalm:

Springfield MC Loaded Operator, still pulls on my heart strings.

G1hSph.jpg?1

The way the frame is cut at the front at that angle and how it matches the slide is awesome. I wanted one of these but they were too hard to find.

this is a 1911 pic thread... let's get back on topic :)

Nice Colt you got there. Reminds me of mine before the accident. One day, I will restore it back to it's original glory.

Nice, I see a lot of you gentlemen love that skeletonized trigger and hammer, well me too.

+1. Superlight trigger pull, reduce lock times, oh yeah, they're 1911 jewelry. :)

You definitely gotta take one out for a spin. There's just this nostalgia with shooting a 1911 that I can't really describe. I just find it soothing, but that's just me. 1911s are like wheel guns. They come in a WIDE price range. You don't necessarily have to break the bank for one.

That's a gem you got there Topher. I'm amazed how some of these survive it's time in such great condition.

It's only 3 years old!

It's the Colt o1918 Reproduction. Born in 2010. Even tho she's new, she's a classic beauty. And I will admit that she may have potential for collector status, I don't collect. She'll be a shooter. She will also be a testament to how blind I am and how hard she bites. And for real punishment, I may try some steel competition with her! Hell, I won the revolver division at TRPC this past sunday (it was a help that I was the only one shooting a wheelie, but I digress) so I must be a hella shot!!

C

It's only 3 years old!

It's the Colt o1918 Reproduction. Born in 2010. Even tho she's new, she's a classic beauty. And I will admit that she may have potential for collector status, I don't collect. She'll be a shooter. She will also be a testament to how blind I am and how hard she bites. And for real punishment, I may try some steel competition with her! Hell, I won the revolver division at TRPC this past sunday (it was a help that I was the only one shooting a wheelie, but I digress) so I must be a hella shot!!

C

That's a classic beauty Topher. The Colt repros are better made then the originals. The quality of the steel, casting of the parts, and final fit and finish is superior to what you would have gotten years ago. I did shoot a stage of steel with a 1918 repro as part of a course I took a couple years ago. The gun performed great and I was impressed with my run time with one reload. Only complaint would be the nasty hammer bite I got in the arch of my shooting hand.

Ah, I was tricked. Still a nice repro. As I've said, I'm a Colt roll mark junkie. There are some things you just can't do with a CNC.

I concur that every 1911 fan should own an original Colt. Funny how people forgive and forget. I remember there was a period of time when ppl were boycotting Colt for halting supplies to the consumer market.

I think the best response to this would be to say: There's a reason why they've been around for so long.

Very nice even though I would have got rid of that msh and went flat but I really want one where did you get the 40 barrel

Thanks. The flat MS housing is on the backburner. Thinking of getting a S&A magwell fitted with the flat MS housing. I ordered the barrel from Barsto and had a gunsmith fit it. Gary Natale from Gans guns in PA did the work. More than pleased with it. Reasonable prices and a 2 week turnaround time. The guy is lightening fast with work orders.

45.jpg

1911A1.jpg

Colt Government M1911A1 serial # puts it at 1945 production. It has a M1911 slide and hammer and the trigger is civi modified. I acquired this as-is in trade for a Civil War Colt model 1864 rifle that had been bubba'ed into a carbine length shotgun as many CW weapons were.Bought that Colt for $50..

I don't want to ride this one hard so I am exploring those Sarco kits, and RIA.