BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

Yes...I got a small idiot scratch late last night when I was trying to re-assemble for the first time. Luckily, it isn't deep. I have some scotch brite 7448 pads coming. That should do the trick in short order.

Ah, you busted her cherry. I wouldn't feel bad. Lots of people have done that over and over. Those are the real idiots. Lol.

Jeremy, have you thought about skateboard tape on the front strap?

Never thought about it before. The gun feels good in my hand and shoots great, But I am not appose to trying anything new that might help improve my shooting.

Never thought about it before. The gun feels good in my hand and shoots great, But I am not appose to trying anything new that might help improve my shooting.

try it, you'll like it

Ah, you busted her cherry. I wouldn't feel bad. Lots of people have done that over and over. Those are the real idiots. Lol.

People sweat that WAY to much. Some 1911 purists decided that unless you baby your guns to death and no scratches appear anywhere you must be an idiot. I guess non of them had to strip, clean, and reassemble their gun in a hurry, on a wooden table, in the middle of match, or even worse under stress or under fire. Screw that, its a scratch, I don't care if you have a ravine dug into your frame there, it just tells me you actually use your gun instead of being a safe queen.

People sweat that WAY to much. Some 1911 purists decided that unless you baby your guns to death and no scratches appear anywhere you must be an idiot. I guess non of them had to strip, clean, and reassemble their gun in a hurry, on a wooden table, in the middle of match, or even worse under stress or under fire. Screw that, its a scratch, I don't care if you have a ravine dug into your frame there, it just tells me you actually use your gun instead of being a safe queen.

Well said

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LOL... If you dont have any scratches on your guns, you are not shooting them enough.

To each his own. I don't think it takes much coordination or physical skill to be able to put a slide stop back onto a 1911 frame without scratching it up. You just have to be careful that's all. It takes the same amount of time to replace this part neatly as it does haphazardly. It's not brain surgery.

To each his own. I don't think it takes much coordination or physical skill to be able to put a slide stop back onto a 1911 frame without scratching it up. You just have to be careful that's all. It takes the same amount of time to replace this part neatly as it does haphazardly. It's not brain surgery.

I'll commit social suicide in the 1911 thread now .. someone hold my drink and stand back and watch this ...

So the real problem with that scratch is that John Browning screwed up that part of the design. It is just a flaw in design that is noticeably missing from so many other more modern designs. You don't see Glocks or CZs or anything else really having to worry about putting it back together carefully lest they scratch it. Thats just careless and poor design, really.

Ok, someone give me my drink back now, I need to finish it and leave the party before the natives recover from the shock and string me up from JMB's statue out in the parking lot.

Mine was a result of never field stripping a 1911 before. While I had a general sense of what to expect when I put the slide stop back in when re-assembling it for the first time, I was giving me a problem, at which point I scratched it. If I had someone to show me how it went back on right the first time, I wouldn't be responding to the thread.

I'll commit social suicide in the 1911 thread now .. someone hold my drink and stand back and watch this ...

So the real problem with that scratch is that John Browning screwed up that part of the design. It is just a flaw in design that is noticeably missing from so many other more modern designs. You don't see Glocks or CZs or anything else really having to worry about putting it back together carefully lest they scratch it. Thats just careless and poor design, really.

Ok, someone give me my drink back now, I need to finish it and leave the party before the natives recover from the shock and string me up from JMB's statue out in the parking lot.

LOL. Well played. I happen to agree with you and the design flaw. The plunger tube pin protrudes too much on the standard 1911 and thats what makes it a little tricky to get slide stop back into the frame. Now somebody pour me a drink so we can toast to that.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Strayer Voight single stack 1911. My gun but professionally taken photo...

INFINITYCUSTOM45ACP-003.jpg

Hey BullzeyeNJ, you have the prettiest 1911 collection here in the forum!!! Maybe, we need to consolidate all your 1911 pics and put them in a separate section all by themselves. :)

Hey BullzeyeNJ, you have the prettiest 1911 collection here in the forum!!! Maybe, we need to consolidate all your 1911 pics and put them in a separate section all by themselves. :)

He has a nice assortment of 1911's