BlueLineFish

Show us your 1911's

Nice! Been waiting to see that one. Got the nice gold jewelry on that front sight too. He really mashed that rear sight deep into the slide. Is that a Bomar sight? Interesting beavertail. Looks like it was reprofiled from the ones with a bump.

Hi Tim,

Yes, brass bead front sight. Garthwaite was the one who turned me onto the brass bead and steered me away from tritium. He is a great builder. All checkering is by hand. This was the first 1911 he built me and it fits my hand better than any other 1911 I own. The grip safety is a King's I think and he likes those over any other one on the market. Rear sight is a bomar and its buried pretty deep. I let Jim do what he wanted basically on this build. Only thing I wanted was a Kart barrel, Bomars on the rear, and something different on the top of the slide then the typical "flat top and serrations".

More pics...

IMG_1249-59.jpg

IMG_1248-58.jpg

IMG_1247-57.jpg

IMG_1246-56.jpg

Definitely a nice one Bullzeye. They just come out differently when you tell them to build it the way they envision a 1911 should be. I couldn't tell till you showed the close up the subtle breaks he did to the edges. Kart definitely makes good barrels. I chose Barsto for mine as it's one of the harder to get ones.

What kind of holster do you use?

I tried my colt with these grips and can't get a solid grip on the pistol in my vm2. Other than that I love those grips.

If i'm working, i just use a Serpa, or a desantis pancake ive had for years, Concealed I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck, and unless you know what you're looking at you can't tell im carrying in just a golf shirt over it....I cant say Enough good about the Crossbreed..it's a little spendy but i havent had another holster that beats it, although my first tuckable (Comp-Tac Minotaur for a 3" Defender) did come close.

On the Grips, I love them, they do take a little getting used to, but I wanted something different than the factory rubber (Hogue) grips after 23-odd years.  I have a second set for the other Combat Elite, but that one has an Extended Slide Release because of the Optic, and i dont want to chop the grips up, so they're my Spares.  About 6 months after I got them one of the Medallion's that also hold the rubber to the wood came loose and I lost it, Pachmayr sent me 4 of them and refused to charge me.

If i'm working, i just use a Serpa, or a desantis pancake ive had for years, Concealed I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck, and unless you know what you're looking at you can't tell im carrying in just a golf shirt over it....I cant say Enough good about the Crossbreed..it's a little spendy but i havent had another holster that beats it, although my first tuckable (Comp-Tac Minotaur for a 3" Defender) did come close.

On the Grips, I love them, they do take a little getting used to, but I wanted something different than the factory rubber (Hogue) grips after 23-odd years.  I have a second set for the other Combat Elite, but that one has an Extended Slide Release because of the Optic, and i dont want to chop the grips up, so they're my Spares.  About 6 months after I got them one of the Medallion's that also hold the rubber to the wood came loose and I lost it, Pachmayr sent me 4 of them and refused to charge me.

Same thing with me a while ago and crazy enough it just happened to me yesterday.  I went to go look at the grips and the damn screw was gone lol  It actually holds the rubber to the wood part.  

Same thing with me a while ago and crazy enough it just happened to me yesterday.  I went to go look at the grips and the damn screw was gone lol  It actually holds the rubber to the wood part.  

PM me your address and i'll mail you one

Guncrafter Industries - Frag

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, Niko... That's gorgeous!!! Can you bring that bad boy to our next range outing? I'd like to check it out in person. I love the looks of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Well, after a long search (1.5 years) and then a long wait for permits (4+ months) I have finally picked up my Les Baer Pemier II in 10mm in Hard Chrome.  Pistol is about 10 years old but only had a box of ammo through it and then it sat in the guys safe.  Quick pictures from my iphone...Can't wait till tomorrow to put some rounds through it!

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

The lightening holes and serrations are kind of a trademark style for Brazos.

My question is regarding the beavertail. I see them often used. What's the benefits of the relief cuts on the sides? I'm use to the beavertail being the full width of the frame and find the relief cuts uncomfortable as it did into my thumb knuckle.

The lightening holes and serrations are kind of a trademark style for Brazos.

My question is regarding the beavertail. I see them often used. What's the benefits of the relief cuts on the sides? I'm use to the beavertail being the full width of the frame and find the relief cuts uncomfortable as it did into my thumb knuckle.

The relief cuts will help you to place your grip higher and that helps with recoil management.

The relief cuts will help you to place your grip higher and that helps with recoil management.

I find it that the point close to the tang on the left side is a bit sharp and recoil would just jab it into my knuckle. I'm a righty. Maybe I need to do a meltdown treatment to that area.

Looking for a 2011 right now but that was the first thing I noticed from my friend. He has the same issue.

I find it that the point close to the tang on the left side is a bit sharp and recoil would just jab it into my knuckle. I'm a righty. Maybe I need to do a meltdown treatment to that area.

Looking for a 2011 right now but that was the first thing I noticed from my friend. He has the same issue.

My knuckle is placed way forward from that and the cuts on the beavertail also helps to operate the thumb safety. Posted ImagePosted Image