Wojo

HR 226 - This is why the IRS bought all that ammo and firearms.

So this is why the IRS placed an order for all that ammo and firepower. Yup, it is about to get real.

http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/226/text?q=h.r. 226

113th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 226

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit against

tax for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 14, 2013

Ms. DeLauro (for herself and Mr. Grijalva) introduced the following

bill; which was referred to the Committee on Ways and Means

A BILL

To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit against

tax for surrendering to authorities certain assault weapons.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the

United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ``Support Assault Firearms Elimination

and Reduction for our Streets Act''.

SEC. 2. ASSAULT WEAPON TURN-IN CREDIT.

(a) In General.--Subpart A of part IV of subchapter A of chapter 1

of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 is amended by inserting before

section 26 the following new section:

``SEC. 25E. ASSAULT WEAPON TURN-IN CREDIT.

``(a) Allowance of Credit.--

``(1) In general.--In the case of an individual who

surrenders a specified assault weapon to the United States or a

State or local government (or political subdivision thereof) as

part of a Federal, State, or local public safety program to

reduce the number of privately owned weapons, on the election

of the taxpayer there shall be allowed as a credit against the

tax imposed by this chapter an amount equal to $2,000.

``(2) Year credit allowed.--The amount of the credit under

paragraph (1) shall be allowed \1/2\ for the taxable year

during which the assault weapon was so surrendered and \1/2\ in

the next taxable year.

``(b) Special Rules.--

``(1) Weapon must be lawfully possessed.--No credit shall

be allowed under subsection (a) with respect to any specified

assault weapon not lawfully possessed by the taxpayer at the

time the weapon is surrendered.

``(2) Substantiation requirement.--No credit shall be

allowed under subsection (a) for the surrender of any specified

assault weapon unless the taxpayer substantiates the surrender

by a contemporaneous written acknowledgment of the surrender by

the Federal, State, or local governmental entity to which the

weapon is surrendered.

``(3) Denial of double benefit.--The taxpayer may elect the

application of this section with respect to only 1 weapon, and

if such election is made for any taxable year, no deduction

shall be allowed under any other provision of this chapter with

respect to the surrender or contribution of the specified

assault weapon.

``© Assault Weapon.--For purposes of this section--

``(1) In general.--The term `specified assault weapon'

means any of the following:

``(A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates

thereof:

SNIPPED to make it shorter....the ususal AWB list, shrouds and things that go up were inserted here

``(d) Termination.--This section shall not apply with respect to

any weapon surrendered during a taxable year beginning more than 2

years after the date of the enactment of the Support Assault Firearms

Elimination and Reduction for our Streets Act.''.

(b) Clerical Amendment.--The table of sections for subpart A of

part IV of subchapter A of chapter 1 is amended by inserting before the

item relating to section 26 the following new item:

``Sec. 25E. Assault weapon turn-in credit.''.

© Effective Date.--The amendments made by this Act shall apply to

taxable years beginning after the date of the enactment of this Act.

This is voluntary. Why would they need billions of rounds of ammo for a VOLUNTARY, not compulsory, weapons turn-in? Unless you're taking the next logical step, confiscation? Because yes- they WILL need billions of rounds for that.

This bill was just introduced by a democrat from Conneticut. Referred to House Way and Means Committee. This is the first step. Long way to go before it becomes law. Easy boys......................

Obama give up tax revenue, fat chance of that!

Odd...explain to me how long the govt has been stockpiling ammo? I'd assume before Newtown happened correct? So it would certainly sound like this new bill being introduced now has been planned and sitting in the wings for a while...hence the stockpiling over a solid length of time. So it would also be logical to assume that this administraion has just been sitting back, stockpiling, writing up this bill and waiting for something to happen (Newtown) to jump start things and this put all this into motion. And they aren't using the tragic death of children as a means to a political end. Bull$hit.

Its a fact that the federal Government ordered training of special forces groups along with homeland security forces for civil war.

They have been planning this for a long time. I hope to hell the troops and law enforcement dont turn on their own people. Im more worried about LE

The oath they all take is to protect the Constitution,not politicians! The shit is gonna get real i have a feeling sooner than later

All i can say is any LE or military that fight against their own people will pay the price in hell

ALL agencies have been stockpiling ammunition, specifically hollow point. Even agencies like the Social Security Administration and Weather Service were buying 100K's. Yeah, you read that right. This has been going on for a few years.

Clicky

Favorite quote:

(about the DHS buying 750 million rounds of hollow points)

"This is enough ammunition to empty five rounds into the body of every living American citizen."

ALL agencies have been stockpiling ammunition, specifically hollow point. Even agencies like the Social Security Administration and Weather Service were buying 100K's. Yeah, you read that right. This has been going on for a few years.

Clicky

Favorite quote:

"This is enough ammunition to empty five rounds into the body of every living American citizen."

How else can public order be maintained in the FEMA camps?

A 2000 dollar tax credit lowers your tax owed by peanuts. Essentially instead of making 80k that year you would pay tax on 78k what a joke. From my cold dead hands

Actually a credit goes against your tax burden, not your gross income. That would be a deduction.

But I agree this is onerous and awful regardless of $ figures.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Clicky

Favorite quote:

This has been discussed elsewhere on this forum at length. In summary:

1. DHS has not taken delivery of 750,000,000 rds of ammo. This is a long term contract to lock in a price for maybe 3-5 years. Other agencies piggy back on a contract to get the best price.

2. I haven't seen any ammo orders for the Weather Service but agencies like SSA, Fish & Wildlife, Forest Service, Health and Human Services, Dept of Agriculture, and Marine Fisheries all have Criminal Investigators that conduct criminal investigations, make arrests, and carry firearms.

3. Every Federal agency I know of uses duty ammunition for all training, practice, and qualification. That means they are using hollowpoints for everything. An agent uses a minimum of at least 1000 rds a year for qual and practice if they carry only one handgun. Add another handgun and some practice and it easily become 3000 rd a year. Keep in mind this ammo is also used to train new hires too. When you take all of this in consideration 750,00,000 over a few years is there to meet needs. No conspiracy.

I am a fed with a small OIG (10 agents) in NY. As teh lead firearms instructor, I can tell you, with our pistol round alone, last year we shot during or 4 quals, practice/drills, over 30,000 rounds. 750 rounds in a ten hour day ain't that much when you are doing speed shooting and multiple rounds.

If I am reading this right this sound awesome. Buy a very cheap AW turn it in for $100 in a buy back program and than another $2000 from the tax credit. Repeat the next year. Even gun manufacturers could get in on it by building a line of really cheep crappy AWs just for the sole purpose for people to turn in.

If I am reading this right this sound awesome. Buy a very cheap AW turn it in for $100 in a buy back program and than another $2000 from the tax credit. Repeat the next year. Even gun manufacturers could get in on it by building a line of really cheep crappy AWs just for the sole purpose for people to turn in.

Hi-point carbine's were on there... What do they run, 300$?

If they are banned how would they manufacture and sell to the public ?

This bill was just introduced by a democrat from Conneticut. Referred to House Way and Means Committee. This is the first step. Long way to go before it becomes law. Easy boys...................... Obama give up tax revenue, fat chance of that!

My concern is that someone will add a rider that says that the way they'll fund the $2k credit is to add a tax to the sale of firearms and ammo.

I'm not overly concerned about the amount of ammo purchased if it was for the FBI, Air Marshals, DHS and the like. I know in the courses I took, you can easily blow thru 400 to 800 rounds a day. When YOU are paying for the ammo you tend to be more conservative with your money. When the ammo is agency issued, the trigger is pulled more often. And a case or two is known to wind up in someone's garage instead of dealing with bringing it back to the shop and having to log it in. These things I know about and have been the happy recipient of.

The IRS, EPA and DOE and maybe even the Health and Human Services being armed and doing the work of actual LE agencies bothers the crap out of me.

Im not buying all of it. I would bet my left nut that the Feds are training for civil war. Special ops groups and DHS. And unfortunately you can count on the greater percentage

of military to follow orders even if that means engaging Civilians for whatever reason ,confiscation, civil unrest etc. They may have a change of heart down the line but initially they will

engage and do what they are trained to do, KILL.. Dont kid yourselves that they wont

Someone did their homework and used the AW ban and attempted to close all the loops.

Some of it mirrors the AWB, the add-on's are a bit scary. If you have a pic rail on the bottom you can add a pistol grip (even the side would probably qualify - Sten gun)

If I read it right, "any" pistol with a magazine is eligible.

‘(F) A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has:

............7 ‘‘(iv) the capacity to accept a detachable magazine at a location outside of the pistol grip.‘‘

I would think any pistol with a mag would have the "capacity" to accept a magazine outside the grip. Then maybe the feds would get into the manufacturing business and make mags that fit the bill for every semi auto out there just to have them qualify.

My M&P 15not advertised as an AR-15 is included because ‘‘(A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof":

My S&W Governor may qualify.

‘‘(I) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

The IRS giving up $2000 doesn't seem likely and I see this bill as having a long and difficult road ahead.

What I do see is some moron pol using this as a draft for the next AWB. It is all encompassing.

If  they are banned how would they manufacture and sell to the public ?

Right now it does not look like they will have quite enough votes to pass an AW ban. So if this were to pass without an AW ban, it would basicly be a licence to print money.

And a case or two is known to wind up in someone's garage instead of dealing with bringing it back to the shop and having to log it in. These things I know about and have been the happy recipient of.[/Quote]

So basically you admit to theft and or receiving stolen government property? Just kidding.

The agency where you got them has poor rules and somebody should speak up. All fed agencies are subject to FOIA and you can get the records where every round went. A case of ammo of 500 rounds can't just go missing with us. Maybe the state and locals allow such, and a few loose office in the CBP, but teh majority are not. I do range sessions withe DEA and FBI and my own agency. Those rounds these dasy are all accounted for. With my agency, when I leave the office, I have to submit to HQ what I want to do and how many rounds I need; then sign it out electronically. I also have to report o the range what we used (and they send a copy with thebill to HQ). I have to report back to HQ what courses everyone did, how many rounds on each and their score. The agents then electronically sign off on that. To make a case of ammo disappear I would have to lie to HQ on what I am doing; lie on the sign-out; submit false data to the range; submit false score sheets and round count to HQ; then have everyone in the office lie on their sheets. For five hundred rounds? My pension is not worth it andmy integrity costs a lot more than few hundred bucks. Not to mention, we give 100 rounds a month to practice if you want anyway, which less than half ask for.

The IRS, EPA and DOE and maybe even the Health and Human Services being armed and doing the work of actual LE agencies bothers the crap out of me.

Well then you are uninformed. You don't seem to get the fact that these agencies are actually "doing the work of actual law enforcement." The FBI after 9/11 wants very little to do with any federal crimes outside of public official corruption and terrorism. The majority of resources are devoted to that. Since state and local cops can not enforce federal law, who should enforce the laws the FBI has no interest in? Should those folks get a freee pass?

If you are getting dragged over the coals paying you honest share of taxes, should your neigbor be able to lie and get away without paying? Should the construction company down the block be able to take their used oil and dump it upstream of your well? Should the contractor required who was supposed to build a containment storage shelter at the nuke plant under specs A for few hundred million dollars be able to get away with supplying something not built to spec/inferior and charging the full bill indicating he did what was required? Should these pop up clinics be able to go and charge Medicare and Medicaid for services rendered, aka taking money from your pocket, when in fact none were provided? How about folks taking out students loans for $50K and then not showing up to school, using the money for anything but education, and then make up false documents indicating they went to school, when in facts they did not, and then never make a payment, requiring the government to fork over the $200K to the bank. Should they gov just chalk up the loss of your tax payer money or go after they person because they did this for four years?

Lets see...who has more to lose today....

Neighborhood gang baner who sells marijuana, been arersted a dozen times, been in a jail a half dozen times, lives in the projects on our dime, has numerous "half" brothers and sisters and no job and no bills, and can do another 6 months in jail "no problem" or....

The guy in the $800,000 house, with a wife and three kids, never been to jail, driving your standard Landrovers, with significant assets, running a well known construction company and running a scam against the government stealing millions in tax payer money, taking bribes and receiving kickbacks to support his lifestyle....

Answer: Both are just as a dangerous; however one has a lot more to lose than the other if caught!

Before you complain about what scares you, you might want to do some homework on the specific agency what they do, how it is done and who does it. Most of these agencies have real law enformenst officers, investigation billions in dollars of theft and fraud and internal wrongdoing. Take a look at the semi-annual reporst to Congress for the OIG of each agency you are so scared of see what cases they concluded the past six months. You might be suprised to learn most OIG's Special Agents make more arrests in their career than your average FBI agent and at the same time bring in around $12 to $20 for every dollar spent on them.

Don't be so nervous about the unknown. Sometime a little reasearch, and maybe if you know somebody in the loop, can get you some time exposed to a world most have no idea exists!

Joeyd - I ain't scared, I'm rubbed at how our government is growing beyond our means.

I'm an alumnis of the FBI's Citizen Academy and have helped out in the past as a SME. The admitted problem with that agency is chasing the Flavor of the Month crimes and they are understaffed. Having about 12000 agents deployed globally is stretching it thin especially when most of that number are support desk jockeys. Of course Congress and most elected officials, as do most PD's dislike the FBI because they are the ones investigating them and they will never get the resources they need.

As you know, the FBI was supposed to investigate a long list of criminal activities including Civil Rights and other infringements of our Constitution. Its a shame the the US Constitution violations are no longer a big concern otherwise the Executive Branch would be on trial. For some reason, every agency needs to have their own special investigators which I am okay with in most cases. My rub is why does each agency need to have a full blown HRT / SWAT / ESU group that is up there with BATF on kit. Shouldn't they utilize the State Police Agencies when making arrests or is it that they all become wanna be operators with SpecOps? Why does every agency need their own fleet or armored PC's?

EPA...you call to attention some of the good areas / things they do. How about the huge amount of BS they do? You know, you have a drainage ditch that on your property that over years has grown thick with vegitation and is creating flooding problems. So you have a landscaper weed whack it clear and you get written up on not having an environmental study done ($$$$) and all you were doing is restoring it to the original specs. Or when you are held guilty until proved innocent on any number of percieved environment issues like running a clean diesel generator all because someone reports that it 'smells' funny. Or a township gives you approval and your engineer gives you plans for development, but then the rules get changed and you face insane amounts of delays and increased construction costs. Have you ever been to the old field office in West Orange which used to house Barton Press? More people in that office used to sit on thier thumbs just LOOKING for something to do. So, for people like that, it was job security to bust your balls.

IRS...Like LEO's they don't make the tax code, but enforce it. From Cool Hand Luke, "just because its your job, doesn't make it right". We need to simplify the tax codes and hold accountable the frauds no question about it. But wasn't it the G-men that used to work with the IRS to bring in the gangsters of old? Again, why do they needed to be armed why they can utilize the FBI / State Police assets to make the arrest? Funny how many policitians are in IRS violation, yet they aren't arrested and hauled out of state houses or federal buildings. But, the IRS will harass the zhit out of your average Joe.

DOE...please. Most of what they do for 'safety issues' can be covered by OSHA or the EPA. Do they need a SWAT Team? Outside of the Nuke Plant security teams, that answer is no. I have trained with a few groups of Nuke Plant guys and they are well qualified for their jobs and they are private contractors. The DOE and the EPA are the most vulnerable to political aspirations of sitting members of congress.

As far as ammo... If their agencies give them more ammo then they need for a course, or part of that monthly allotment for training, which incidently was paid for with my / our money, who cares. I guess next time when these guys break a part and are out of action because they don't bring the tools or the spare parts I bring, I should bill them. Or, accept the fact that they give me a token of appreciation in the form of XM193's for helping them out. It is all good.

Stay safe out there...there a lot of bad shots carrying badges. Look what happened to that AD that killed the FBI SA a few years ago during that bank stakeout.