Ofcourse it was an "oversite".... Don't get my wrong..... I totally see the double standard... But did you really think there were gonna make LEO's conform to the same standards as civillians ? I have my fair share of LEO firends and they are probally gonna think Im bashing them too but damn.. What's good for the goose isn't good for that gander anymore..

Some animals are more equal than others. I would not be surprised if the exemption applies to retired leo also.

I am normally neutral on cops, but this is not helping

And taking them away from LEO's that are retired helps the overall fight how??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For LEOs I strongly believe it should be any on or off duty weapons.

*disclosure: I am not an LEO, and no I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I can't pretend to be one.

I also heard on the radio that retired LEOs may also be included in the excemption. I also support this.

As far as "more equal", most citizens have not locked up people that might hold a grudge against them.

Just sayin'

Flame on

Some animals are more equal than others. I would not be surprised if the exemption applies to retired leo also.

I am normally neutral on cops, but this is not helping

AFAIK there is no exemption for retired.

Wikkie, in the old NYAWB Leo's were exempt from everything..i DO believe that once they retired however, everything had to be compliant.. Post-ban magazines had to be sold to serving officers or given to the agency. Here in NJ, if an officer buys a non-Compliant firearm or magazines which can only be done with a letter from his Chief affirming it's for Duty purposes (NOT a common thing frankly, the Chiefs don't want the liability). upon Retirement or separation the Firearm/Mags then becomes the property of his agency, or can be sold to another Officer, again as long as it is accompanied by the Letter...I dont recall if they are even allowed to dispose of them out of state, or keep them if they move out of state... All of MY guns have been compliant.

Any LEO from NY could have stood up proudly and claimed that 7rnds limits your ability to self defense, but that's not the argument i have seen at all.... it would seem that, in this case it could have helped us greatly, but they decided to take the low and easy road to getting their privileges back that should be a right int he first place for everyone. I have no sympathy for this because the fact is it doesnt' help us either to sit by and be OK with this, and have them yet again spit in the face of your citizen with the weak argument that they are some how better then us and can therefore be exempt.

This is the standard liberal left wing utopianist nannyville mindset. Look at History, every extreme left wing radical great social experimentalists put guns in hands of cops, army, themselves, so that the ever powerful state would do the abundant killing instead. The Founders of this country saw that before WWI, II, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin etc, etc, etc..... Guess they had beat Nostrodamus' record.

*disclosure: I am not an LEO, and no I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I can't pretend to be one.

I also heard on the radio that retired LEOs may also be included in the excemption. I also support this.

As far as "more equal", most citizens have not locked up people that might hold a grudge against them.

Just sayin'

Flame on

Wow.

Maybe they could work on exempting law abiding citizens as well and make it only applicable to criminals. Oh wait, they consider anyone not part of their 'gang' (for a lack of better words) to be criminals...

State Senator Eric Adams, a former NYPD Captain, told us he's going to push for an amendment next week to exempt police officers from the high-capacity magazine ban. In his words, "You can't give more ammo to the criminals."

The people who have grudges against me are out there walking around, I can't lock them up. I knew about NJ Retired LEO situations--have two relatives in such a status-it was quite a schock to one to have to wait several months for a P2P

Just sayin'

Flame on

After seeing what NYPD did outside the Empire State Building 7 rounds might be a great idea.

One officer discharged 9, other officer discharged 7. 9 bystanders struck. The whole thing was over in seconds.

I don't envy the guy whose job is, "Hey that guy just killed someone with a .45. Let me go say hi... on a NYC midtown street."

Fugg them.....and I don't care if its Leo bashing ....total horsehite

Yup. And it's not LEO bashing at all. They are not, or should not, be above the law, or the citizenry. Just like congress should be held to the same laws the people have to follow, so should LEOs.

Guys really, it's like if you don't get to play a game on the playground then your going to take your ball home and nobody plays.

It's not the current and retired LEO's fault that they still get to exercise their 2A right. They are not above the law we are just below it at the moment in some places.

Keep it up and piss some more off, especially many here in the forum who are also fighting for ALL of our RIGHTS in this fight and we loose a bunch if brothers in arms.

Really look at the bigger picture and knock the us vs then inside out own community. We all know who them are and it's not the supporters that are here with us.

WTFU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFAIK there is no exemption for retired.

Wikkie, in the old NYAWB Leo's were exempt from everything..i DO believe that once they retired however, everything had to be compliant.. Post-ban magazines had to be sold to serving officers or given to the agency. Here in NJ, if an officer buys a non-Compliant firearm or magazines which can only be done with a letter from his Chief affirming it's for Duty purposes (NOT a common thing frankly, the Chiefs don't want the liability). upon Retirement or separation the Firearm/Mags then becomes the property of his agency, or can be sold to another Officer, again as long as it is accompanied by the Letter...I dont recall if they are even allowed to dispose of them out of state, or keep them if they move out of state... All of MY guns have been compliant.

I'm pretty sure that was the case. I remember being at a NY show, and one of the dealers had 75 round AK drums for sale. I asked him if they were pre ban (which was allowed in NY before Wednesday), and he said "no they are for LEO sales only" and then quickly added "I know, no agency is going to use AK's, but that's how the law is written".

It's not the current and retired LEO's fault that they still get to exercise their 2A right. They are not above the law we are just below it at the moment in some places.

There's no difference. And I'm not blaming the LEOs for it.

This is the standard liberal left wing utopianist nannyville mindset. Look at History, every extreme left wing radical great social experimentalists put guns in hands of cops, army, themselves, so that the ever powerful state would do the abundant killing instead. The Founders of this country saw that before WWI, II, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin etc, etc, etc..... Guess they had beat Nostrodamus' record.

+1

The whole point of LEO being exempt is the state needs them to enforce their draconian laws. Do you think Cuomo and his band of minions will do the confiscation? Hopefully, if the time ever comes, the LEO band together and tell them to pound salt. I believe it was an Oregon sheriff who already told the feds to go pound salt. The NY gun laws have nothing to do with safety as they say, it's about their belief in government control.

Yup. And it's not LEO bashing at all. They are not, or should not, be above the law, or the citizenry. Just like congress should be held to the same laws the people have to follow, so should LEOs.

I agree. Lets include the New York Military too!

Any LEO from NY could have stood up proudly and claimed that 7rnds limits your ability to self defense, but that's not the argument i have seen at all.... it would seem that, in this case it could have helped us greatly, but they decided to take the low and easy road to getting their privileges back that should be a right int he first place for everyone. I have no sympathy for this because the fact is it doesnt' help us either to sit by and be OK with this, and have them yet again spit in the face of your citizen with the weak argument that they are some how better then us and can therefore be exempt.

1st: Police have GREATLY reduced 1st amdmnt rights when it comes to expressing their personal opinions. Rules are put into place by departments which regulate what you can/cannot say when it comes to your job. 2nd: Police Officers have almost NO ability to choose what type of weapons they are issued. The people who run the PD's and their Political counterparts control this aspect. The rank and file can protest, but at their peril with threats of suspensions/punishment. TRUST ME when I tell you there is plenty of "whispering" amongst cops. Many are not happy, they do not have the ability to control what these politicians are doing. Some are demonizing the wrong people, many that support you. Go to a Police website and see what some are posting publicly. Much, much more than I would be willing to say..... in public.

I think the exemption basically fosters the 'us vs them' mentality. Personally I think LEO and former LEO should be exempt.. but so should everyone else as the entire bill is ridiculous. Without the exemption I'm sure LEO's would be almost universally against the bill and therefor you would see consistent pressure from their organizations and unions against the bill. What the exemption does is reduces the likelihood that there will be coordinated backlash from from LEO side of things and 'we' use them as a powerful ally against the bill.

Yes, individual LEO may still be in opposition to the bill.. but I don't think the bigger organizations/unions would be as willing to jump in on our side without their folks being directly impacted.

1st: Police have GREATLY reduced 1st amdmnt rights when it comes to expressing their personal opinions. Rules are put into place by departments which regulate what you can/cannot say when it comes to your job. 2nd: Police Officers have almost NO ability to choose what type of weapons they are issued. The people who run the PD's and their Political counterparts control this aspect. The rank and file can protest, but at their peril with threats of suspensions/punishment. TRUST ME when I tell you there is plenty of "whispering" amongst cops. Many are not happy, they do not have the ability to control what these politicians are doing. Some are demonizing the wrong people, many that support you. Go to a Police website and see what some are posting publicly. Much, much more than I would be willing to say..... in public.

You took the job their right? YOU decided on where to work, big difference. You're comparing apples to oranges.

1st: Police have GREATLY reduced 1st amdmnt rights when it comes to expressing their personal opinions. Rules are put into place by departments which regulate what you can/cannot say when it comes to your job.

Unless you are the boss, EVERYONE with a job has restrictions on what you can say when it comes to your job without being fired.