Rifleman1

Livingston said NJ not taking FPID application until February

I sent a friend to his local PD in Livingston to apply for his FPID and he was told by the woman clerk today that NJ is not taking FPID applications until February. He has a buddy who is a State Trooper and will follow-up with him about this statement.

Has anybody heard anything like this as we pursue it with the Livingston PD Chief?

Can't answer for Livingston in particular, but can tell you there was a gentleman into my local PD this morning submitting his application while I was dropping off my application for more permits. Clerk told him it would be 6 weeks instead of the usual 4 for FPID because Trenton has been slow. The way the law is written, there's no on or off days for accepting. Obviously that doesn't affect sitting in a pile on a desk somewhere.

I'm in union and our DT is not taking any drop off for PP's and as for FID it's most likely the same exact thing. I called on the first week of this month and was told the earliest day I can droP it off is jan. 30th.

I called again the next day to ask again and I was told the earliest open date is February. So my best guess is that they are either really busy from a bunch of new applicants or slowing down the craziness of applicants.

That sounds like b.s.... my PDs been taking applications like a champ even though they're swamped. The captain even showed me the monstrous pile of application folders in his desk and what he has to go through with wait times for background checks.

I dont think its acceptable for the PD to say that you simply cant drop an application off...

@ Clintoon

If you are referring to Union Township PD, I can assure you nothing fishy is going on. I spoke with him a few days ago about submitting my permit requests. I also have a lot of good friends at the department who all said things have been hectic there for a month, and it has nothing to do with the gun control issues.

This is how the process has always run in Union. They want you to physically meet with the detective because they run your prints through their system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pm2116,

I don't doubt that they are backed up. Union is pretty big, but my name is already in the system and my prints. Basically a whole month to get me in?

Since you know a couple people there, then you already know how DT. Baird is very moody.

I have no problem waiting for the permits but to wait a month to hand in my app I have a little problem with that. Plus another several weeks to wait for it to be processed.

While kenilworth and mountainside is just drop off.

dropped my P2P paperwork off here in Frenchtown on Tuesday. Was talking to the chief who told me "things have been crazy with permits. We normally do about 20 a year, I've done 22 this month alone, and probably the same next month". To drive the point home as soon as he said that, a guy called saying he got a call to come pick up his FPID. The chief looked at me, smiled, and said "see....crazy" LOL Overall though, he seems totally fine with pro-gun folks.

Livingston PD is always full of BS. My buddy applied for 2 PPs and they gave him one at a time. Told him to pick up the second one a month later with a new issue date. I thought the background check is only good for 90 days with another 90 day extension. Theoretically if you apply for 8 permits they way they do it you will still be receiving the permit long after the back ground check.

If they get really backed up put in for carry permit, if they sit on that long enough I believe its approved automatically, till they find your paperwork at the bottom of their stack.

Please don't listen to this advise. When not IF you get declined you will have to mark off declined on every document and it will cause you way more grief

In a way, all of this movement and all of these permits, etc. is a good thing. It means that there really are Americans out there!

Still, know your rights and be persistent, but not too pesky.