Pythagoras

Thoughts on Winchester Model 1300 Defender?

The New Haven, CT guns are good shotguns. You just won't find as many after-market accessories for them as you would the Remington or the Mossberg. Used, they can usually be found for an attractive price.

How's the pump handle? Asking since I handled the Remington and the Mossberg and while the Remington was nice and tight, the Mossberg had a lot "wiggle" and felt a bit cheap (not trying to hate on any Mossberg fans, just my experience in-store).

The pump handle feels extremely solid. The gun is built really well. I am in the market for another shotgun though, shooting clay with slugs isn't the greatest idea haha.

The pump handle feels extremely solid. The gun is built really well.

Good to hear!

I am in the market for another shotgun though, shooting clay with slugs isn't the greatest idea haha.

Maybe I'm missing something...why do you need a new shotgun? Don't you just use different shells?

Good to hear!

[/font][/color]

Maybe I'm missing something...why do you need a new shotgun? Don't you just use different shells?

In essence my gun has a rifle barrel. Shooting target loads out of It will eventually foul up the rifling. The lead fills in the grooves, and also the shot opens right up out of my barrel.

Was my first and the only pump shotgun I own. Great action for fast reloading. Never has a problem. Shot few 3 gun matches with it and was satisfied.

One thing to watch out, front site flew off after few years, had to get Replacement.

I have a 1300 Featherweight with 3" chamber and both a smothbore & rifled barrel set. Wife bought it for me with S&H Greenstamps about 30 years ago. Ask anyone in Old Bridge's Shotgun League how it shoots (Smooth as a Baby's behind, lol) and you'll want one. And my front sight fell off years ago, so I just JB Welded a Hi-Vis green-colored sight onto the barrel's ramp and keep BLASTIN', lol!

Dave