O-gre

Shoreshot vs Brick Armory

I went to both places for the first time 2 weeks ago and if "I had to" pick one it would be shoreshot for better selection and better customer service.

Brick had 2 arrogant young guys behind the counter and didn't ask me if I needed help while they only had 4-5 customers looking around.

Shoreshot had tons of people and they actually asked if I needed to look at anything, so I asked to see all the 1911's. Very friendly but a little pushy to buy a certain one.

I would choose Brick over shore. That's only considering the ranges though. I would not purchase anything from them. Shore shot customer service is horrible and rude, and Brick Armory lies about their inventory and the arrival tunes of stock. If you do order a gun through brick ask for a tracking number.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I was always a fanboy of Shore Shot. I like the folks who own it and most of the people who work there. Some of the stories of ridiculous pricing and bad customer service have made me more wary of them though. Brick Armory's range is far superior and usually much less crowded, but I found their range supervision to be very lacking. It was not shocking to see muzzles pointed where they shouldn't (i.e. not downrange).

They both suck, but if I "had" to choose I would go Brick.

I gotta agree with this, I was a big Shore shot guy when I 1st got into firearms but in the last few years I have become

calius with 99% of all NJ vendors period. If I had to shoot somewhere it would be SS over BA taking peoples $ to order

something you know you cannot get is no different then steeling from them, they have been doing that a long time and then to top is off by some of their employees telling you that you are wrong about specific firearms that you soley collect and getting loud about it just tells me that person is simply a shaved ape.

Join CJRPC they have some idiot rules there but for the most part no one ever bothers you.

Like already mentioned they both suck. All you need to do is just decide what your going for, choose accordingly and just deal w/ them. IMO if you want to go shoot? Go to BA. Better range, cleaner, less crowded, and you can shoot most calibers there. Down side is that they almost never have an RO on duty unless its randomly busy one day. A guy will poke his head in every now and then but thats about it, which sucks when "Billy the wanna be thug" or any person that just isn't being safe is shooting next to you.

If you want to buy a gun, especially handgun don't even waist your time with BA. Horrible stock selection and you can find plenty of horror stories on the forum with people ordering through them. SS always seems to have a nice selection and your always greeted if an employee is available. Downside is that most of there employees are arrogant as*holes who think there the brothority when it comes to firearms. You almost find yourself not wanting to ask questions because they'll get aggravated you don't know already. My recommendation would be to hop on 195 while your down there and take the drive to cheyenne mt. outfitters to buy.

Thats all not to say i'v never had good experience at both places but a lot of time these things happen.

Shoreshot gets my business cause they support NJGF more by discounts for members. Both have good employees from my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Whaaat?? What Discounts??

The only difference between the 2 places is at least one will kiss you after they f**k you, but in the end, they both lost my business..

SS & BA do not support this forum. Look in the vendors section, both have been gone for some time now. We have had many threads about SS no longer offering the forum discount. The stopped it last year or so. If they are still giving you the discount, then your lucky i guess.. When was the last time you received a discount from them? (just curious)

see this thread -> http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/42456-shore-shot/page__hl__%2Bshore+%2Bshot__fromsearch__1

I was always a fanboy of Shore Shot. I like the folks who own it and most of the people who work there. Some of the stories of ridiculous pricing and bad customer service have made me more wary of them though. Brick Armory's range is far superior and usually much less crowded, but I found their range supervision to be very lacking. It was not shocking to see muzzles pointed where they shouldn't (i.e. not downrange).

THIS! I take Shoreshot hands down! I have bought half of my collection from them. Always fair pricing and good customer service. Brick screwed me once, never again will I buy from them!

Regulator is has been several months...wasnt aware of that thread..thx....

Also I have delt with TJ and AnA..both great businesses and great guys.

No worries, i wanted to make sure they didn't decide to allow the discount again in case someone wanted to go there.. Its a shame really, I like Billy and the guys that work in the back, but the attitude from the counter guys and Kyle, really makes it uncomfortable to shoot there. It's 5 mins from my house..

I bought my first gun at Shore Shot and my first rifle at Brick when I lived in NJ. I have since moved to Florida, the Gunshine State, and now have about 10 places to buy guns within a half hour drive. However I have learned through many instances of being overcharges considerable amounts, that supporting your local gun store seems to be a one way street. The mom and pop gun stores here are hopelessly living in the past and want nothing to do with the internet. Few will do FFL transfers and those that do so charge ridicuolously high rates and make it known that if you would have called them and ordered through them you would have saved money. I did that once and they tried to charge me more than if I bought the gun from them using Gun Genie. They gave me some song and dance and a bad attittude and since then I buy a lot on the internet unless I am buying a used gun or something I cannot get on the internet.

Perhaps it is best that these dinosaurs who refuse to take advantage of technology and steer their business into a position where they can be competitive with others, head into extinction. When I learn that I paid $100 more for a gun than I could have bought it for on the internet (even after adding shipping and FFL costs) it bothers me. I have caught a few of them in lies because they forget that I bought the gun from them and tell me what they can get a new one from their distributor for as a basis for giving me a low value for a trade. When someone sells you a $800 gun and tells you that they are only making $25 and two months alter tells you that their cost for a new one is $600, you know you are stupid for supporting these local stores. As I said, it is a one way street.

I am going to give a shout out to Billy and the gang at Shore Shot. I just spent 3 hours there handing out flyers and they allowed me to tape them everywhere. They are very much for NJ2AS... Thanks guys....

Have you tried PK90? I think you'll like him too. Just sayin

I have seen his site, his prices always seemed fair it's just a long haul to where he is and my free time is limited.

I should have said I am not impressed with the NJ vendors I have delt with in person to be fair except for Tj. My

biggest complaint is transfer fee's. Some of the vendor I have delt with in PA charge one flat fee for up to 3 transfers

at a time, as poosed to $30.00 or $35.00 per gun or reciver. I know all about over head and runnging a buiness however

I also know that you do not try to pay your monthly rent off one customer either. I could even understand $30.00 or $35.00 for the 1st and then $5.00 to $10.00 for each addiotional. I have ascked a few guys's why they do for each and they say because that what everyone else does too. Well if you were different then everyone would come to you until they wised up and changed.

I have seen his site, his prices always seemed fair it's just a long haul to where he is and my free time is limited.

I should have said I am not impressed with the NJ vendors I have delt with in person to be fair except for Tj.

JETagent and Bullzeyetactial are good guys too.

I don't buy anything from either. Phil from BA lied to me regarding my two M&Ps, telling me at least ten times that they either shipped or will be here on X day. If it is going to take awhile, I don't care, just don't lie to me. My current FFL told me some stories regarding BA and selling firearms that were not theirs to sell (donated for drawings).

SS can kiss my ass, as far as I'm concerned. Their only goal in life is to screw their customers, and listening to them talk about one guy who picked up a rifle, I was disgusted that people actually desire to shoot there. Then, they tried to tack on extra fees on my Davidson's purchase. It is at least the fifth time myself or family member has called them out on it, and they still act like it is just a common mistake... it is, being that is how they squeeze money out of people.

Ranges, I'm currently a member at BA. Even though I hate being fanned by amateurs, I have no desire to wait on line for a crappy range that SS keeps (might have changed, but I'm not interested in looking; I remember one set of bullet holes going across the ports). I will eventually go to Central Jersey, once I catch up with things... just bought a Liberty safe and a couple guns.

My current FFL is NJ Arms. Paul is a down to earth guy, and is honest. That is what I value in an FFL. SS and BA screwed themselves on that, being I'm a person who purchases a couple firearms each year. One of the few hobbies I love, so I'll always be buying new stuff. NJ Arms is one place I'll recommend to anyone.

Vinny from Hunting World Guns & Ammo in Millstone as well, several great transactions with him and TJ. One of these days on my numerous trips up & down 295 I will stop at A-n-A and Ammoman. I am in the market for a shotty in the spring, if the hysteria has died down

I used to go to Shoreshot with a print out of what I wanted from an Internet Vendor, hand it to Bill or Kyle and ask if they could get it. They always did and almost always matched the price. The most I ever paid over "Internet price" was $20.00. I guess maybe things have changed over there?