O-gre

Shoreshot vs Brick Armory

I have a membership to SS and the more I go there the more I dislike it. I don't mind shooting there, I don't even mind the ammo prices. But when I am a member who has paid for my membership and I have to wait in line behind walk-ins who are just shooting and want to try every gun on the wall.... thats crap! Also I did not catch his name but I will get it, a kid behind the counter was far more interestedi n his iphone than anyone in the store. Even when I was asking him questions he was giving me short answers not looking up from his phone and kind of shrugging me off. I got my membership as a gift so I will continue to use the range but man this place is starting to piss me off.... However I have noticed that if you don't go during "peak" hours there is NEVER a line. I have odd off days so I can go nice and early in the morning or mid day before those after work guys go in, and I never go on the weekends! I was going to check out BA but this forum has made me think I will just stay away.

I've been a member of BA for 3 years and never had a problem. And i don't trust anyone. I go with the wife, And we guest friends always have a good time. As a matter of fact I just returned from the range, Breaking in the M+P 22.

One thing that I have noticed that both SS and BA do that pisses me off beyond words. On the weekends they charge you by the hour, which I don't have a problem with, but If you're a walk in with 2 or 3 people and the place is crouded they will put all of you in 1 lane but still charge all of you as individuals. This means that because there are more of you, you will spend more time on the range and they will charge you even if your not shooting. For instance, if there are 3 of you and you each have your own lane and they charge you $20/hour, you all shoot for 1 hour and you each pay $20. If there are 3 of you in 1 lane, you will shoot for 3 hours and each of you will pay $60. This is an outright ripoff, and they both do it.

I have a membership to SS and the more I go there the more I dislike it. I don't mind shooting there, I don't even mind the ammo prices. But when I am a member who has paid for my membership and I have to wait in line behind walk-ins who are just shooting and want to try every gun on the wall.... thats crap! Also I did not catch his name but I will get it, a kid behind the counter was far more interestedi n his iphone than anyone in the store. Even when I was asking him questions he was giving me short answers not looking up from his phone and kind of shrugging me off. I got my membership as a gift so I will continue to use the range but man this place is starting to piss me off.... However I have noticed that if you don't go during "peak" hours there is NEVER a line. I have odd off days so I can go nice and early in the morning or mid day before those after work guys go in, and I never go on the weekends! I was going to check out BA but this forum has made me think I will just stay away.

Wink,

We at s.s. are pleased to have you as a member. Being a member, I'm sure you understand that that you are not restricted

to the amount of time you use the rang as non members are. I am sure that now that you realize how busy it gets on weekends you will come in the off hours and not have to worry about waiting for a longtime to shoot.Because it is so busy on weekends it is almost impossible to put members first when they walk in when non members may have been waiting for

a half hour or more to shoot.That's why it's first come first serve on weekends. The gentleman that was on his phone was not making personal calls. He could have been calling his Dad , the owner, to ask a specific work question or contacting a worker to come in early because we were so busy. Let me ask you a question, if you were on a phone while working would you want someone asking you questions? Would you give short answers? I'm sure that when many customers come into s.s. and look around and see how busy we are, as we were today, they are understanding about not getting perfect service.I'm not sure when you were there but I was there working behind the register from 10 am to 4 pm and it was non stop all day and I never had one customer complain. I's nice to know that some people are understanding.

PEACE AND CREATE YOURSELF GREAT SHOOTING DAYS,

Scig ( Phil )

Wink,

We at s.s. are pleased to have you as a member. Being a member, I'm sure you understand that that you are not restricted

to the amount of time you use the rang as non members are. I am sure that now that you realize how busy it gets on weekends you will come in the off hours and not have to worry about waiting for a longtime to shoot.Because it is so busy on weekends it is almost impossible to put members first when they walk in when non members may have been waiting for

a half hour or more to shoot.That's why it's first come first serve on weekends. The gentleman that was on his phone was not making personal calls. He could have been calling his Dad , the owner, to ask a specific work question or contacting a worker to come in early because we were so busy. Let me ask you a question, if you were on a phone while working would you want someone asking you questions? Would you give short answers? I'm sure that when many customers come into s.s. and look around and see how busy we are, as we were today, they are understanding about not getting perfect service.I'm not sure when you were there but I was there working behind the register from 10 am to 4 pm and it was non stop all day and I never had one customer complain. I's nice to know that some people are understanding.

PEACE AND CREATE YOURSELF GREAT SHOOTING DAYS,

Scig ( Phil )

Phil,

I have absolutely no problem with waiting in line, I am just happy to get to shoot. I have no problem with the young guy being on the phone, but if he was on an important call all he had to do was step away from the counter, he wasnt talking on it, he was what appeared to be checking facebook... I understand SS is a busy place. If I walk in and see it all batshit crazy I simply walk out and come at a different time, I know better. You guys have some of the best RO around and for that I thank you, and I place that higher than even your cusomer service. I never feel unsafe by other shooters when I am that and that speaks volumes. As for the waiting in line, it wasn't that big of a deal, they just wanted to try all the pistols which is great for you guys, I simply wanted to spend the 10 minutes going through a box of ammo. I know I am not held to a time which is fantastic but I don't come close to an hour most days anyway. All in all I enjoy your facility and maybe there was just a misunderstanding with the guy on the phone. Either way like I said, I have my membership and will continue shooting there, and will likely renue my membership and continue shooting there. It is not a bad place to shoot at all, as long as you know what times to go ;)