Combat Auto

XDs First Shoot

Just pass some data along - no comissions for me...But I know folks are always looking for carry/pocket/small pistols.

XDs first shoot - 45 cal - 5 and 7 round mags - ball (various manufacturers) and JHP Federal/winchester...180 rounds.

(

No failures to feed or anything like that..

Only Issue: Mags would not lock back now and then (when empty after last round)...I have ideas about this.

This is a real small package, with a big punch, and I was able to get 6 out of 7 A's on a USPSA target at 25 yards (max @ SS)...I can't ask for anything more out of a super-small/lightwieght 3.3 inch barrel tossing 45 ACP...

The red fiber front sight is awsome (I have been paining the front sights on my other pistols with red nail polish which helps alot; but the fiber is even better)...The triger is so sweet right out of box (I have a sig 1911 which required 1000 rounds before the trigger was smooth).

Highly recomend this pistol.

I just picked up my XDs about two weeks ago, only have 25 rounds through it, with no problems. I know thats not many rounds, and will be back at the range soon. Nice Gun. Just applied for my Utah CCW, and I plan on using that as my primary carry, after I have a few more hundred rounds through it.

I just picked up my XDs about two weeks ago, only have 25 rounds through it, with no problems. I know thats not many rounds, and will be back at the range soon. Nice Gun. Just applied for my Utah CCW, and I plan on using that as my primary carry, after I have a few more hundred rounds through it.

Great, Yea, I love the gun also...It is a real nice design...Why a Utah CCW - are yoi moving there, do you go there ofted?

Great, Yea, I love the gun also...It is a real nice design...Why a Utah CCW - are yoi moving there, do you go there ofted?

You can get a Utah non resident ccw. Allows you to carry in pa and del as well as 31 other states.

You can get a Utah non resident ccw. Allows you to carry in pa and del as well as 31 other states.

Exactly, Travel alot out of state.

Hey guys they announced the new XDS in 9mm at shot show last week finallyyyyy! It adds +2 to the standard mag bringing it to 7rounds and then 9 in the extended mag. The gun dimensions are exactly the same at 1 inch at its widest portion, only thing different is that it is slightly heavier due to the barrel being more dense because its a smaller whole. Just a few ounces heavier nothing major. Felt recoil is significantly less and there is virtually no muzzle flip. I can't wait to place an order and use it for my daily ccw.

Hey guys they announced the new XDS in 9mm at shot show last week finallyyyyy! It adds +2 to the standard mag bringing it to 7rounds and then 9 in the extended mag. The gun dimensions are exactly the same at 1 inch at its widest portion, only thing different is that it is slightly heavier due to the barrel being more dense because its a smaller whole. Just a few ounces heavier nothing major. Felt recoil is significantly less and there is virtually no muzzle flip. I can't wait to place an order and use it for my daily ccw.

Shoot a Budies 45 first - recoil is very acceptable - it will convert you to the 45 ACP for all time ;-).

Shoot a Budies 45 first - recoil is very acceptable - it will convert you to the 45 ACP for all time ;-).

I been wanting to! I need to find someone that has one around here b/c I would prefer the 45 over the 9mm as long as follow up shots went easy

Why get 9mm when you can get a .45

Why get 9mm when you can get a .45

Well the +2 is two reasons lol. We have to keep in mind this gun is 100% for carry not the range. But, I do prefer a 45 for CCW it's just that 5 rounds does bring it close for comfort. It's really a toss up... I go back and forth debating on it with this gun, specially when I compare it to my glock 27 giving me 13 of .40. Not that 5 rounds isn't enough to handle most situations someone would think.. but the reality is if you need to use ur weapon it's most likely going to be against someone with a gun themselves, and that means your going to be out gunned 99% of the time in terms of capacity. Getting mugged by a guy having 5 is enough but being in a liquor store getting robbed by 2 gang bangers puts u at a serious disadvantage. Having been in a gunfight capacity is not something to take lightly. I have a hard time deciding with this gun!

Well the +2 is two reasons lol. We have to keep in mind this gun is 100% for carry not the range. But, I do prefer a 45 for CCW it's just that 5 rounds does bring it close for comfort. It's really a toss up... I go back and forth debating on it with this gun, specially when I compare it to my glock 27 giving me 13 of .40. Not that 5 rounds isn't enough to handle most situations someone would think.. but the reality is if you need to use ur weapon it's most likely going to be against someone with a gun themselves, and that means your going to be out gunned 99% of the time in terms of capacity. Getting mugged by a guy having 5 is enough but being in a liquor store getting robbed by 2 gang bangers puts u at a serious disadvantage. Having been in a gunfight capacity is not something to take lightly. I have a hard time deciding with this gun!

IMHO, I would take 5 45 rounds over 7 9mm any day of week...There are many examples of cops shooting bad guys with 9mm requiring many rounds before they go down...It is hard to find this w/45...with 45 you have a statistical (hope everone gets this meaning) 94% 1 SHOT man stopper...Those are pretty good odds...357 is right there also...9mm is a questionable 1 shot man stopper...You can also run the XDs 45 with a 7 round mag...Or keep an extra mag in your pocket...Beyond me why anyone would chooze a 9mm over a 45 for self defense. We are talking close-up and personal - lasting only seconds...I am sure the 9mm Partots will yell and scream about this - which is fine - but lets do it without personal attacks (save that for the gungrabbers ;-)).

Agreed ! "No replacement for displacement"....as much as shot placement is discussed ...the reality is a sd situation or the "gang banger" sceneraio...is not range day shooting calmly at paper not shooting back with ear protection...things to realize are in a cqb situation the shot blast will effect a lot not everyone ...dazing/feeling off balance add in the fear and adrenalin ...and cm shots are what your going for.... I opt for what will cause the largest damage inducing channel wound possible that is still feasible to carry... To each their own...

Massad Ayoob says - shoot the largest calaber you can handle for SD...Couldn't agree more...If I felt comfortable with a 44mag i'd shoot that (who knows, I have one on the way from MO. this week :-)) - right now 45 acp makes me feel comfortable, and sleep well...Hard to agrue with Ayoob's logic...Now, if a women or a small statute man or say a senior feels comfortable at 38 or 9mm level fine...That's the way to go...

But bigger is better in the main... If attacked, you want to provide the MOST violand response, in the SHORTEST amount of time...We are talking seconds...You don't want to get into a 12 round exchange - puts you more at risk - you want it to end as quickly as possible...If they made a 12G the size of the XDs and I could handle it - I would use that for SD.