gfl216

Aluminum Case Ammo

I use blazer aluminum case ammo. To make sure that it feeds smoothly, I give it a shot of case lube before loading them in the mags. Compared to brass, the aluminum case feels dry and does not slide in the chamber or mags as easily. The 9mm 115 gr round gives me a 135 pf from my CZ SP01 Shadow.

It's like anyother ammo some guns like it others dont.

I shooe a lot, so I buy cheaper at times and steel is the way to go, There is 0 excessive ewar on my

guns compared to shooting brass, extractors/ejectors and firing pins are built to last and they do. I have put at

least 3000 rounds of steel through my Baby eagle with no issues at all and the gun and internals look damn near perfect.

I have a Khar cw9 that eats it all day, my brother has the same pistol and he gets a lot of FTF's(failure to fire) they will hit the 2nd time and go off 90% of the time this is either due to fp protrusion or hardend primers, but they never fail in mine.

I say more then 80% of the time it's the individual firearm, no 2 production line firearms are made alike even from the same brand and model. Tolerences will always be different as well as fp fittings and ejectors/extractor fittings and protrusion. Just because guy A's gun doesnt like it doesnt mean yours wont eat it up like candy.

To make sure that it feeds smoothly, I give it a shot of case lube before loading them in the mags.

Not a good idea to lube live ammunition. Lube can migrate into the primer pocket or even around the bullet - especially if all the ammo in the mag isn't used and some "lubed" ammo is returned to the box for use another day. Lubing the ammo may also cause an increase in chamber pressure.

I never used aluminum ammo because the savings (over brass) were never significant enough to warrant it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob