silverado427

At the beach today

Today I learned your not allowed on the beach in seaside park, One of seaside parks finest motioned to us to exit the beach, Their were about 15 people up on the beach. When we got to the parking lot He started informing us we could be ticketed for some form of trespassing, and just gave all a warning. Their was a sign saying beach closed but where we parked and entered the beach i didn't see it. here's a pic

SAM_0013.jpg

I see by your location that could home or is close to home for you. Do you think there is any chance that Seaside will salvage any of part of the shore season?

I live across the bridge, The beach was hopping today It was packed with sightseers.

I see by your location that could home or is close to home for you. Do you think there is any chance that Seaside will salvage any of part of the shore season?

Yes the town will be mostly rebuilt by june. They awarded a 3.6 milion contract to rebuild the boardwalk by then last week with a bonus built in to complete on time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The beaches that had sand dunes in place were spared the full brunt of the storm.

Out of curiosity, why are people upset that their houses were saved by dunes?

Edit: Ok, I see. There are folks that are annoyed that LBI wants to put up massive dunes that will give them protection from storm surges, while taking away their ocean view.