Sign in to follow this  
Njsarge

Break free clp

Pretty much the gold standard for all around gun use.

I have a thing for using Hoppes stuff, Rem cleaning spray and dry lube spray (And Rem Oil / Rem Oil Wipes), and Breakfree CLP.

With those you can do just about anything and sometimes you only need one and not all the others, sometimes you need a major cleaning sometimes a touch up etc.

Breakfree CLP is very very good to go.

I use it and for me it works great. I usually use it for cleaning purposes as I find that it removes carbon very easily along with a cleaning brush. I then wipe everything down and will use M-Pro 7 gun oil for lubing parts and use slide grease for my pistol slides. I have also used it for cleaning and lubing at times, but I do like M-Pro 7 better for lube purposes.

I use Hoppes to clean out everything that catches powder: receiver, chamber, bore, bolt.

I let those sit as I use CLP to clean and lube all the parts that don't get as dirty: magazine, charging handle, hammer.

Then I got back, wipe off all the stuff I used Hoppes on, and use CLP to clean/lube them again.

Before I put the AR BCG back into the upper, I wipe Breakfree LP (like CLP, but no C) on the surfaces of the BCG that rub against each other: the bolt against the carrier, the carrier against the upper.