wwmarcww

Went to Dicks in Paramus today

i was in the area and wanted to check out the gun and ammo stock. I won't ever buy anything from there again, but I was curious to see what was going on. They seem to only have shotguns and air rifles now. Handgun ammo was pretty much all gone except for a few boxes of 9mm and 45. Seemed to be running low on shotgun ammo as well. No one was behind the counter so I couldn't ask about if they were going to restock. Seems to me like they may just be getting out of the gun business all together.

i dont believe thats true i went saturday afternoon. Guy at the counter was very helpful and seemed to be a regular shooter. The ammo was low and guns were selling a few people were doing paperwork while i was there. He told me they get shipments on friday mornings. But when they restock within an hour or 2 all the ammo is gone. He said .223 or 5.56 sold out in 30 minutes last friday. Saturday they had a decent amount of 9mm and shotgun, limited 45 and a few boxes of 40. Rifle ammo was very limited.

The Dicks in Mt. Laurel had 9mm ammo on Friday, but you had to ask for it as they keep it "in the back." My guess is that there is no point in even stocking the front shelves anymore.

They still had plenty of .22's shotguns and lever-action rifles.

I've gone to the Dicks in Woodbridge a bunch of times and never, not once, was anyone at the gun counter. Anytime I bought ammo I had to search around for an employee because me standing around the counter didn't attract anyone's attention. Very frustrating every time I go here

well its tough to go to a LGS when what you want is no where to be found except at dicks unless I drive out a crazy distance and take off work.

btw, the guys at the paramus location are actually pretty cool guys. not sure what any of you have experienced there but I've always had someone behind the counter. granted i've been there maybe 5 times, its never been some horrible experience.

I never said I'd boycott them. I haven't.

Just bought ammo from them actually.

I highly doubt anyone researched others

ppls posts to see if they were going back

on their word to boycott them. I'm sure the

members who said they would will not buy.

As for everyone else they'll probably keep buying.

I happened to be in the strip mall going to Chef central and had some extra time to kill. I also stopped in Ramsey Outdoors as well to check out their inventory. I also refuse to buy anything from there.

i do the same thing, whenever the girlfriend wants to go to chef central or basset, i walk over to ramsey outdoor and look then dicks and look. its convenient to go there and look since both stores are right there.

Yeah Dicks is cool....they arbitrarily take it upon themselves to tell me what I should and shouldn't have ....but hey let me express my refusal to accept that by giving them my money/business...smh ...this lack of uniting to achieve ... Anything is why we the gun community takes it in the a$$ continually and we may soon lose it all....

Yeah Dicks is cool....they arbitrarily take it upon themselves to tell me what I should and shouldn't have ....but hey let me express my refusal to accept that by giving them my money/business...smh ...this lack of uniting to achieve ... Anything is why we the gun community takes it in the a$$ continually and we may soon lose it all....

I'm not for or against what people chose to do and each have their merits. Definitely don't wanna start another Dicks debate, LOL!

In an unrelated note, do you still have that XDS? I sent you a few PMs but didn't get a response. It's OK if it's no loner available,

just checking in.

I'm not for or against what people chose to do and each have their merits. Definitely don't wanna start another Dicks

Yeah im with the to each their own...but I do far more reading than posting... And there's a pattern here ... And most Internet forums for that matter.... Alot of talk and statements made and then in 2 weeks it's back to the same ole.... Example ..dicks... Everyone was outraged ... Everyone posting that they are " done with them" etc etc... Noone said" ahhh who cares ... I'll still patronize them".... A month goes by and the like it never happened..... Another example.... All the" from my cold dead hands talk" ..... "we have to fight this".... Then something is organized ... And alot (not all) of those "patriots"... "Have to wash their hair" and can't make it.... And are looking for a new hobby/ forum to master.... Lol again to each their own... Just observations... ... Oh And shoot me a pm zoid