Freedom

Fire on US citizens?

I am not familiar with Alex Jones... Very good to hear he is a paranoid personality as that is scary stuff.

he regularly declares on his radio show that he is "Risking My life by telling you this...." he's an idiot.....sadder still is the rather large people that hang on his every word

he regularly declares on his radio show that he is "Risking My life by telling you this...." he's an idiot.....sadder still is the rather large people that hang on his every word

I dont know if he is an idiot or more of a carny. He isnt dumb, he has to know how crazy it sounds but hypes it up for ratings.

I was told by my nephew(active duty) that if it came down to it, the military would engage US citizens ,it's their job to follow orders and when they get them they carry them out.

They have the right to refuse any order that is unconstitutional. Once you engage the military you become a combatant American citizen or not. Sad but true.

he also said he thinks that most troops would assess the situation and adjust accordingly

Once you engage the military you become a combatant American citizen or not. Sad but true.

This.

The way to get the military or any assembled fighting force to fight back against any other opponent regardless of who they are is to put them in a situation where they feel they are acting in self defense of themselves and their group.

Sure I do not believe the military would go around casually killing unarmed citizens, but if this was a gun confiscation situation... well the people they would be dealing with are no longer unarmed, and of course the training would kick in that if you have a gun, you are a "domestic terrorist", and you are fair game. This is how the governments who chose to fight their citizens in the "Arab Spring" revolutions went about things.

The real epiphany moment would be for the military leaders to refuse to carry out such an order in the first place. If they don't then everyone looses. 2A would be instantly illegitimated, and any gun owners holding out with the "come and get it" would be deemed "domestic terrorists", stripping them of all and any real or perceived rights as a US citizen.

Then again the probability of this happening is dreadfully low. This would mean that Congress has also turned on the people, as they have the power to impeach any President that attempted to give such an order. In other words, the US govt has turned tyrannical.

The Entirety of the US military would not fire one shot, maybe there will be a few cowards among them that will blindly follow orders that are UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND BREAK THEIR OATH, but not many.

The more likely situation is that NATO forces would be "invited" to maintain "peace" and order. The scary part is that several countries use the military for "prisoner rehabilitation." These forces could, in theory, break our constitutional rights, being that they are not "our" military. Additionally, DHS isn't military, so they could occupy our lands and homes. They don't take an oath and are not bonded, checked peace officers. Wonder why they purchased so much ammo last year?

As for Alex jones, I love to watch him cry, scream, bang his fists, etc... The jiggle that his double chin does makes the girls at the bing look like amateurs. He is a clown, he is looking to sell his products and he appeals to those that are not free thinkers. He also creates more problems than he claims to expose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This.

The way to get the military or any assembled fighting force to fight back against any other opponent regardless of who they are is to put them in a situation where they feel they are acting in self defense of themselves and their group.

Sure I do not believe the military would go around casually killing unarmed citizens, but if this was a gun confiscation situation... well the people they would be dealing with are no longer unarmed, and of course the training would kick in that if you have a gun, you are a "domestic terrorist", and you are fair game. This is how the governments who chose to fight their citizens in the "Arab Spring" revolutions went about things.

The real epiphany moment would be for the military leaders to refuse to carry out such an order in the first place. If they don't then everyone looses. 2A would be instantly illegitimated, and any gun owners holding out with the "come and get it" would be deemed "domestic terrorists", stripping them of all and any real or perceived rights as a US citizen.

Then again the probability of this happening is dreadfully low. This would mean that Congress has also turned on the people, as they have the power to impeach any President that attempted to give such an order. In other words, the US govt has turned tyrannical.

Very well said!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, midterm elections are coming up. If we see the House go (D), there will be no check in place to stop the Executive branch from exerting it's will. Lets not even mention that OhBlowMe has the potential opportunity to name a Justice or two. Should that occur, what recourse does the American public have left?

As a member of a reserve (I know, it's not the same as active duty, but still) infantry unit up in New York, and having worked with guys from many active duty units, I'm confident enough to say that a vast majority of the US military would not be willing to fire on US citizens, so long as they're not fired upon first. Many of our servicemembers, especially those in the combat arms, own personal firearms themselves, and are just as concerned about their 2A rights as you are. The members of my unit, many of them NYPD in their civilian jobs, are furious with the new gun control laws passed in NY, and a good amount of them are refusing to register their firearms or enforce the law when it becomes active. Personally, I'm not too worried about the military getting involved in any confiscation scheme, and even if we were ordered to, you can bet that we'd half-a** it.

Just my 2 cents.

............vast majority of the US military would not be willing to fire on US citizens, so long as they're not fired upon threatened first ..........

If it ever comes to the state of confrontation, US military will fire on US citizens. The reason would be precisely what you mentioned.

Tensions rise, people get onto streets (even without any firearms), local police wont be enough to hold off, national guard and other branches will be called onto. Someone will cast the first stone - if its some guy with emotions running high or a plant. That sets everything downhill.

I doubt it will happen here in US, but if it does happen, thats how it always goes down.

Most likely scenarios is that anyone who raises their voice too much to become a threat will be taken care of just like that Randy Weaver case. In such isolated incidents, best local LEOs can do is to sit back and do crowd control. Because they are regulated just like rest of the populous.

For masses, the likely scenario is enacting registration requirements (like FID, etc), backed by an automatic felony tag for non compliance, which automatically can trigger warrants, forces local LEOs arrest on DMV incidents, make it a hell for people to get jobs or apply anything related to Govt (that question.. Have you ever been......).

The Entirety of the US military would not fire one shot, maybe there will be a few cowards among them that will blindly follow orders that are UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND BREAK THEIR OATH, but not many.

The more likely situation is that NATO forces would be "invited" to maintain "peace" and order. The scary part is that several countries use the military for "prisoner rehabilitation." These forces could, in theory, break our constitutional rights, being that they are not "our" military. Additionally, DHS isn't military, so they could occupy our lands and homes. They don't take an oath and are not bonded, checked peace officers. Wonder why they purchased so much ammo last year?

ive said this a thousand times, and the vast majority of people dont realize it. the gov will NOT use the us military in any kind of confiscation/police state action. they will use THEIR OWN TROOPS, ie: all the alphabet agencies - cia, fbi, batfe, dhs, 'gun control task force', etc etc. they arent the military. they dont take the same oath, as far as i know. the gov signs their checks and pays their pensions. and if you think the typical cop has a superman attitude, a gov agent is 1000xs worse.

the us military is NEVER to be used on home soil. the national guard can, in times of emergencies and the like. but not your typical enlisted soldier. if it ever does get to the point of all out war, then martial law will have already been declared, and at that point it doesnt matter.

ive said this a thousand times, and the vast majority of people dont realize it. the gov will NOT use the us military in any kind of confiscation/police state action. they will use THEIR OWN TROOPS, ie: all the alphabet agencies - cia, fbi, batfe, dhs, 'gun control task force', etc etc. they arent the military. they dont take the same oath, as far as i know. the gov signs their checks and pays their pensions. and if you think the typical cop has a superman attitude, a gov agent is 1000xs worse.

the us militay is NEVER to be used on home soil. the national guard can, in times of emergencies and the like. but not your typical enlisted soldier. if it ever does get to the point of all out war, then martial law will have already been declared, and at that point it doesnt matter.

Well said. I would also assume county SWAT/ESU/whatever teams would be called in as well as state police agencies.

Gun guys think it will be framed as a patriotic war against a mis-used military. In reality, they would simply be labeled criminals and rounded up by law enforcement.

Waco, Little Rock

the us military is NEVER to be used on home soil. the national guard can, in times of emergencies and the like. but not your typical enlisted soldier. if it ever does get to the point of all out war, then martial law will have already been declared, and at that point it doesnt matter.