Stevins

Hagues in West Deptford

So, I "like" them on my Facebook page and I am a member to the range there. Yesterday they posted a message stating that they would be getting some Windam AR15s in soon. The price.... $2,000. Now I know they are hard to find right now, but common..... they were selling the same rifle for $900 2 weeks ago. To make it worse, they removed peoples responses about how they were price gauging and that they were taking advantage of the increase of demand. If you want to sell them for $2k a pop, thats fine I guess, but dont try to protect your image by removing negative posts.......

Hague's has always removed posts from their FB wall that shows any type of displeasure. I stopped asking and commenting on their wall because of this reason. It really pissed them off when I tried to tell a guy that even his 20% membership discount still puts Hague's at, at least, 10% higher than every other dealer in NJ. In addition, I already started a thread on this topic. It's somewhere around here and has been recently updated so it should be towards the top of you list. Welcome to the board.

I've always liked Hagues. Dan and the guys have always treated me well. I think I've bought 2 guns from there and taken a number of friends there to buy their first guns.

They do tend to be more expensive than other shops, but I actually think that's a benefit for most new shooters. They take the time to explain how the guns work, where to lube it and how do disassemble them. The range is bright and clean and they come out often to offer shooting advice. You also get a 30 day range membership with each gun. If you have a problem, you can come back and they answer your questions or fix the problem.

In other words, they've never done me any wrong and I won't bash companies that haven't done me wrong.

AR-15's are not my thing and probably never will be. Heck, as much as I love Berettas, I'm considering selling my CX4 because I find myself shooting my 10/22 .22 much more than any other platform. I guess I just like metal and wood.

At the same time, the store will sell AR's for whatever the market will bear right now. If you want to get technical, AR's are pretty much fungable right now. People user to argue over whether you wanted a Stag Arms, Bushmaster or Colt. Now, they are just happy to get an AR regardless of brand.

Hagues, and pretty much every other gun store, also have to worry about inventory a few months down the road. How would you act if you have to make payroll and keep the lights on, but the price of your wares increases every week?

So like I said, I've never had a problem with them. I'm in the market for a new Kimber. I will probably end up going with Paul, or I may go back to Hagues, although Paul probably has the better price.

I've been dealing with Hague's for a few years. I purchased one gun from them and transferred another with them. That's before I found out how much of dick Dan is if you disagree with him. Yea, he's your best friend as long as you like what he likes and agrees with what he agree with. Sway, even a little, and his "dickheadness" surfaces real quick. NIck has been pretty good to deal with, but he's "just works there". He has no say in anything at all, from what I've seen.

I can look past Dan being a dick. What I can't look past is how outrageously overpriced they are. I say overpriced, but I guess that's not right, since it's obvious that non-informed or non-caring consumers are buying from them. Absolutely, every single gun I've ever purchased, I found approximately 30% cheaper in every NJ store that I called for pricing. In my opinion, what they "give you", doesn't warrant their much higher price.

I'm glad you enjoy your experiences with them, however I will continue to inform the non-informed consumer of their pricing.

I agree Nascar, I guess I am starting to see Hague's true colors. I understand that there is a demand for ARs but do you really need to double the price? Couldn't they just raise is a few hundred. I would think they would want to be selling guns after the prices calm down. Then again, I bet these will sell out as soon as they get them.....

I'm glad you enjoy your experiences with them, however I will continue to inform the non-informed consumer of their pricing.

No, that's cool, brother. I mean, there is a reason why I'm not a member of their range and why I buy most of my stuff in private transactions.

I've been dealing with Hague's for a few years. I purchased one gun from them and transferred another with them. That's before I found out how much of dick Dan is if you disagree with him. Yea, he's your best friend as long as you like what he likes and agrees with what he agree with. Sway, even a little, and his "dickheadness" surfaces real quick. NIck has been pretty good to deal with, but he's "just works there". He has no say in anything at all, from what I've seen.

I can look past Dan being a dick. What I can't look past is how outrageously overpriced they are. I say overpriced, but I guess that's not right, since it's obvious that non-informed or non-caring consumers are buying from them. Absolutely, every single gun I've ever purchased, I found approximately 30% cheaper in every NJ store that I called for pricing. In my opinion, what they "give you", doesn't warrant their much higher price.

i had problems there and wont go back.....i wonder if its that .the people liking that shop either dont care about paying 20-75% more....or are new and know no better...... either way no doubt those people have good experiences...gouging makes some people really friendly lol

actually sounds like good marketing to me. Same with gas prices. Jack the hell out of the price to where people are like wow thats a lot. then lower it a little bit to where the consumer is like thats better. the price tag dropped a lot must go buy buy now. you ask me they are some nice guys that work there, but at the same time they are scumbags for the price tags they put on stuff.

it sucks that i live SOOO close to them and am new to shooting, what sucks is that i have NEVER heard a good word about them! ever! i have had about 10-15 people say bad things about them. ive never read anything good about them except what the guy above has written lol

now im 2 min away yet hesitant to go there, guess i jus gotta go find out for myself

due youre research first....if you walk in there cold as a new guy to the sport...pretty good chance you think "theyre great guys"...clear up until you blindly pay whatever they ask...or you ask why they sell federal champion 9 mm 50 rnd box for $30 when everyone else was $10-15..(pre panic figures) ....thats when the trasformation takes place..lol

it sucks that i live SOOO close to them and am new to shooting,

My buddy in Haddon Heights felt the same way, but I got to him before he went there! Now, months into him being a gun enthusiast, he went in there because he felt, like you, that he had to see for himself.

Since he wasn't smelling of fresh newbie fish, he was suspect from the get-go. When he asked a question, it was all over. He called me from the parking lot and thanked me for the fateful day that I literally forbade him from going there, hahaha.

Attitude, gun pricing, range pricing, ammo pricing, and attitude... just horrible.

Hedley Lamarr: Qualifications?

Applicant: Rape, murder, arson, and rape.

Hedley Lamarr: You said rape twice.

Applicant: I like rape.

Wally

My buddy in Haddon Heights felt the same way, but I got to him before he went there! Now, months into him being a gun enthusiast, he went in there because he felt, like you, that he had to see for himself.

Since he wasn't smelling of fresh newbie fish, he was suspect from the get-go. When he asked a question, it was all over. He called me from the parking lot and thanked me for the fateful day that I literally forbade him from going there, hahaha.

Attitude, gun pricing, range pricing, ammo pricing, and attitude... just horrible.

Wally

well here is my experience, went in there on sunday to see what they had... well i am new and my pistol permits just came in so i am eager to purchase something (cant find crap though it sucks lol)

well anyway i dealt with nick (larger guy there) and i will tell you what i was blown away!!! really really nice guy answered all my questions and insisted i see all the guns he had! i was really impressed!

but like you said above... and like everyone has told me... when ur fresh they are uber nice! but as soon as they have you locked in they are dicks! i can not confirm that but that seems to be what everyone has warned me of..

when it comes down to it though.. $1050.00 for a 229 elite stainless in this market! thats awesome! also had the nightmares for $950.00

Their AR's started at $2000 but after some of their members tore them on FB they dropped the price. (also they delete negative FB post left and right) Nick I will say is super nice. First time I went in there he was really cool. It was when I started to show my face their more and my buddy joined for the 6 month membership is when the BS started. Not with Nick, just in general. Hauge's handgun prices do seem more inline with the rest of the locals but I can't speak about ammo b/c I haven't been there in while. I would rather spend my money with people who support this forum (like PK90) and join a private club (like SJSC)

my membership there just expired. $400 a year to shoot. before that i was a member at targetmaster in PA on 202 and its $200. ($300 if you want to be able to shoot their numerous FULLY AUTO rifles). a little bit further of a drive, but i think my mind will be made up soon......unless anyone knows a farm or some woods in salem county i can fire off a few rounds from time to time.

my membership there just expired. $400 a year to shoot. before that i was a member at targetmaster in PA on 202 and its $200. ($300 if you want to be able to shoot their numerous FULLY AUTO rifles). a little bit further of a drive, but i think my mind will be made up soon......unless anyone knows a farm or some woods in salem county i can fire off a few rounds from time to time.

Usana MTC is in Pittsgrove TWP actually Elmer, Plenty of dedicated areas for all types of shooting. There is A topic on them here

What a bunch of assholes. I had a 100 dollar deposit on a Glock while I've been waiting on my new p2p. Still waiting on the permit, I went in there to pay off the gun today anyway, 2 days after the 30 days and they basically told me to get bent. Said they sold the gun and my deposit was lost. Made no attempt to do anything for me and wouldn't even let me put 50% of my deposit towards another gun. Said that I lost the deposit and they wouldn't do anything for me

Gun store commando assholes.

DO NOT waste your time or money. Buy at Armn n Ammo and join USANA to shoot. hauges is a joke.

What a bunch of assholes. I had a 100 dollar deposit on a Glock while I've been waiting on my new p2p. Still waiting on the permit, I went in there to pay off the gun today anyway, 2 days after the 30 days and they basically told me to get bent. Said they sold the gun and my deposit was lost. Made no attempt to do anything for me and wouldn't even let me put 50% of my deposit towards another gun. Said that I lost the deposit and they wouldn't do anything for me

DO NOT waste your time or money. Buy at Armn n Ammo and join USANA to shoot. hauges is a joke.

yup...that about sums that place up ...years ago before i found this forum and the vendors here i made the mistake of being a "customer" of theirs when they had an item no one else had or wanted to order....but never again!

Wow!!

Was there a receipt of money handed over?

Did you hand over cash?

Is anything documented?

Don't take that crap!!

F them!

Yeah. The asshole even unsnapped his holster as I proceeded to tell him what a piece of garbage he was. Let's just say I let loose with a string of profanitys that would make George carlin blush.

The paperwork says gun must be paid off by xx date. Says nothing about your deposit being forfitted.

I'm going to talk to some people about it tomorrow and in the mean time I'll spend my time all over the Internet letting everyone know what kind of jip joint they run.

Lol and PJ, you've met me, I'm not a tiny guy. The only chance that **** would have had if I wanted to drag his punk ass over the counter would have been to draw down.

I was there today in the range, wish I would have witnessed this....... I was looking at a gun two weeks ago and they were trying to get me to pay for it to hold it. They were up front telling me there would be NO REFUND if I changed my mind or if I was refused permits for some reason. I chose to keep my money until the permits come in. I don't agree with the policy, but they were clear from the beginning with me. Sorry for your loss, shame they couldn't work something out with you.