Sign in to follow this  
Hawkin

Feinstein says "2000 models exempt"?

"Feinstein noted her proposal exemts from the ban more than 2,000 models used for hunting or sporting purposes."

Were can i find this list? I wont hold my breath.

she said, "adding that the old ban had 375 such exemptions."

The thing is, in the exemptions list, she lists guns that would already be exempt by the wording of the ban itself, such as bolt, lever, and single shot guns. She very likely added the list at the end in order so that she could say that she is exempting more guns than she is banning in order to make those on the fence feel like she isn't being a massive... well, I don't think I can say the word on here without the mod getting on my ass.

The thing is, in the exemptions list, she lists guns that would already be exempt by the wording of the ban itself, such as bolt, lever, and single shot guns. She very likely added the list at the end in order so that she could say that she is exempting more guns than she is banning in order to make those on the fence feel like she isn't being a massive... well, I don't think I can say the word on here without the mod getting on my ass.

What? Do you expect her or the staff that really wrote the Bill to have a clue about firearms? That would require government officials to be knowledgeable about what they try to legislate!

"Feinstein noted her proposal exemts from the ban more than 2,000 models used for hunting or sporting purposes."

Were can i find this list? I wont hold my breath.

she said, "adding that the old ban had 375 such exemptions."

If it wasn't for people from NJ, NY, and CA counting on the graciousness of Zombie Cunt Feinstein, we would all have nothing to worry about.I wish you the blessing of the fruits of your labor.

It's the last 100 pages of the bill. It's stupid because it lists tons of pump and bolt action and lever action rifles and shotguns which are already exempt. It's a sales pitch for her to say look at what your choices are. The remington 700 isn't 1 exemption. It's 20+.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

It's in the bill text, starts at page 23 through the end. And like wsaraceni said, it's almost exclusively lever, pump, bolt action and single shot rifles and shotguns. It's basically her way of patronizing gun owners by saying "here's a list of exempted firearms that don't meet what I'm banning anyway."

At this point I am not even sure that if our legislators actually obey The Second Amendment, that war won't start.

I wouldn't say war, but civil unrest is a better word. After that would be scary.