alfar68

I inherited 3 old hand guns

I inherited 3 old hand guns. One seem to be a Frank Wesson derringer, over and under. The other 2 are revolvers. One has an Owl on the grip and the other has a pat date of 1908. I have pictures. I have a NJ Firearm permit and got a pistol permit from the police chief but never bought anything with it. I am wondering if should take them to Newark to one of those $200.00 gift card trade in days or legally sell them to a collector/dealer?

Any help/comments will be appreciated.post-6073-0-19452200-1359172793_thumb.jpgpost-6073-0-51677500-1359172794_thumb.jpgpost-6073-0-77089900-1359172795_thumb.jpgpost-6073-0-27006400-1359172791_thumb.jpg

Would the person that you inherited the guns from be happy with you turning them in at a gun buyback to be melted down??

I would offer them up here once you get to 50 posts and become a contributing member. Good luck. I hate buybacks. They destroy history.

To sell to an FFL all you would need is your FID card or your DL. If your permit to purchase is more then 90 days old and you did not renew it, you might as well use it as a birdcage liner.

9X19,

I guess you are right about the history. These guns were my wife's great grandfather's and grandfather's, one was a judge in Carlisle, PA the other Fire Chief. I was told the Judge carried one them in the court room.