Shooter14

Carry at family business?

My father owns a business and will be traveling over seas next month. I will be taking care of the business while he is gone. I do not work for the business but help him out while my parents travel. I did work for him during high school and college. My function is to collect cash money at the end of every day....about an hour of time a day. I'm I legally allowed to have my Sig 229 on me while at the business? It's not the best of areas.... I will carry the firearm unloaded to the business in the trunk and ammo in my car from my home to the business. I would not load it until on the actual site. Any help would be much appreciated!

Been shooting handguns , shotguns and all types of rifles since 1992... Really enjoy reading the forum!

IANAL, but I would inquire of your Dad IF he might see his way clear to "sell" you a small percentage of the business for a poultry sum, thereby making you an "owner"? To my knowledge, NJ doesn't require sole proprietorship in order to carry at a family-owned establishment.........

See threads contained herein under the Firearms Statutes and consult an Attorney......a measly 1% MAY be all that is required, since the statute doesn't require a "controlling interest"....

Good luck!

Dave

IANAL, but I would inquire of your Dad IF he might see his way clear to "sell" you a small percentage of the business for a poultry sum, thereby making you an "owner"? To my knowledge, NJ doesn't require sole proprietorship in order to carry at a family-owned establishment.........

See threads contained herein under the Firearms Statutes and consult an Attorney......a measly 1% MAY be all that is required, since the statute doesn't require a "controlling interest"....

Good luck!

Dave

Perhaps the price of a couple chickens.....chicken feed,if you will.

Sorry Dave.....I couldn't resist.

if you normally cant carry you still cant unless you are an owner .I worked for a gun store 3 years ago and were told 100% the only thing we could do was apply for a premis / restricted licence of some sort,so we had several loaded guns hidden behind counters

if you normally cant carry you still cant unless you are an owner .I worked for a gun store 3 years ago and were told 100% the only thing we could do was apply for a premis / restricted licence of some sort,so we had several loaded guns hidden behind counters

Can you legally keep a loaded pistol or shotgun on the property of a business? Or in an office?