Sign in to follow this  
SW99

Heading south this week, anyone know where I can get ammo?

Hey all!

Heading down to NC this week for a few days, want to stop and grab some ammo on the way (since you cant find a damn thing up here). Anyone know of any place that has stuff in stock between here and Raleigh, NC?

Thanks for the help.

Vito.

Son just returned from week long business trip to Wilmington, NC. In a word, DRY.

LOL... Thats what I figured

Ill be in Florida for 2 weeks last week of April first week of May. Maybe I will have some luck down there in a few months.

LOL... Thats what I figured

Ill be in Florida for 2 weeks last week of April first week of May. Maybe I will have some luck down there in a few months.

I'll be in SW Florida for the last two weeks in April also. Luckily if the stores are dry my grandfather had a huge stash, and my girlfriends family also have an insane amount of supplies stockpiled. Last I talked to them it was something along the line of 275,000 rounds of .223 between 3 of them. I guess when you've been reloading for the last 10 yrs and only shooting half of what you reload.... It adds up.

I need to move closer to them.... Haha

I'll be in SW Florida for the last two weeks in April also. Luckily if the stores are dry my grandfather had a huge stash, and my girlfriends family also have an insane amount of supplies stockpiled. Last I talked to them it was something along the line of 275,000 rounds of .223 between 3 of them. I guess when you've been reloading for the last 10 yrs and only shooting half of what you reload.... It adds up.

I need to move closer to them.... Haha

Im coming with you. lol Where in Florida? Im flying into Orlando, staying at the Gaylord for a few days then off to Naples for the rest of the time.

Im coming with you. lol Where in Florida? Im flying into Orlando, staying at the Gaylord for a few days then off to Naples for the rest of the time.

Haha... Naples

Maybe we could link up information and hit the stores up and relay back and forth. I'll be stating in Cape Coral or fort Myers depending on who I stay with. My girlfriend family is in Naples.

Haha... Naples

Maybe we could link up information and hit the stores up and relay back and forth. I'll be stating in Cape Coral or fort Myers depending on who I stay with. My girlfriend family is in Naples.

No kidding, LOL. Then you know the area, we will be in Estero (no one ever knows where that is). I plan on going shooting while Im out there as both my parents have CCW's and they want to go when I'm there also. My pops just picked up a new S&W 9mm i want to try out.

No kidding, LOL. Then you know the area, we will be in Estero (no one ever knows where that is). I plan on going shooting while Im out there as both my parents have CCW's and they want to go when I'm there also. My pops just picked up a new S&W 9mm i want to try out.

Yea I know where that's at.... I used to spend a good amount of time in Florida for the summers when I was younger. If I had a job lined up out there I would be gone.

My mom, sister, brother, and grandparents live in Cape Coral. I have some friends in fort Myers.. And more than Half of my girlfriends family lives in Naples. We I'm there we are going shooting. Her uncle teaches a defensive knife course and handgun and carbine courses. Her cousin runs a fishing charter... I need to go hang with them haha.

My grandparents moved there after my grandfather retired from NJ state police... Last time I was there he took me to my first gun show... :)

My mom and little brother just moved there in November, and my sisters been there for a while..... I'm next.

I'll be on Estero in April too.

Yea I know where that's at.... I used to spend a good amount of time in Florida for the summers when I was younger. If I had a job lined up out there I would be gone.

My mom, sister, brother, and grandparents live in Cape Coral. I have some friends in fort Myers.. And more than Half of my girlfriends family lives in Naples. We I'm there we are going shooting. Her uncle teaches a defensive knife course and handgun and carbine courses. Her cousin runs a fishing charter... I need to go hang with them haha.

My grandparents moved there after my grandfather retired from NJ state police... Last time I was there he took me to my first gun show... :)

My mom and little brother just moved there in November, and my sisters been there for a while..... I'm next.

I grew up in Lake Mary (just outside of orlando) from 5-12 then came back here. My parents bought a place in Estero 4 years back as a snow bird place but ended up loving it so much they moved officially. Id be down there already as my company can transfer me at any time I want, but my wife is an exec for her company and finding her a job like that down there would be almost impossible.

I'll be on Estero in April too.

Im flying into Orlando on 4/24 and will be in Estero by the 28th until 5/5. We should all get tother and go shooting. Wish i could get my AR-15 down there.

I may be heading back home on the 21st now. My girlfriend and I decided to drive instead. I'll be in Orlando torwards the end of the trip though.

I figured it would be easier to drive a Car load of ammo back than ship it haha

It would be, if you you can find it. LOL I have my father checking for me when he goes to the range. Ill try to stop a few places in NC this weekend while I'm down there to see if I can find anything, I can use handgun ammo as well.

I grew up in Lake Mary (just outside of orlando) from 5-12 then came back here. My parents bought a place in Estero 4 years back as a snow bird place but ended up loving it so much they moved officially. Id be down there already as my company can transfer me at any time I want, but my wife is an exec for her company and finding her a job like that down there would be almost impossible.

Im flying into Orlando on 4/24 and will be in Estero by the 28th until 5/5. We should all get tother and go shooting. Wish i could get my AR-15 down there.

I am coming in on the 20th to the 27th. I'd like to CCW while I'm there but its a whole different climate.

I am coming in on the 20th to the 27th. I'd like to CCW while I'm there but its a whole different climate.

Cant you just get your FL CCW? You can get an Out of State one, i know Gun for Hire does the classes up by me in Belleville.

Lol.. I need to go get my Fl CCW. How much was the class?

It was a package deal at Gun For Hire and included the application, fingerprinting, pictures and NRA First Steps class for $185. Florida gets $112 with your application. You can also submit your application for a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License at one of the Division of Licensing’s eight Regional Offices located throughout the State of Florida. The Regional Office application intake service is designed to allow applicants to complete the entire application process quickly and conveniently. You simply have to call for an appointment.

At the time of your appointment, you will be directed to a computer station where you will complete an electronic version of the application form. Their Regional Office staff will review your application, scan your fingerprints, take your photograph, and process your payment. You should confirm with them that as a non-resident that you can apply in person. There is one at 230 Bal Harbor Boulevard, Suite 112 - Concealed Weapon or Firearm License, Punta Gorda, Florida 33950.

I believe there have been posts by other NJGF members that they have done this. You can read the requirements here http://licgweb.doacs...nstructions.pdf

It was a package deal at Gun For Hire and included the application, fingerprinting, pictures and NRA First Steps class for $185. Florida gets $112 with your application. You can also submit your application for a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License at one of the Division of Licensing’s eight Regional Offices located throughout the State of Florida. The Regional Office application intake service is designed to allow applicants to complete the entire application process quickly and conveniently. You simply have to call for an appointment.

At the time of your appointment, you will be directed to a computer station where you will complete an electronic version of the application form. Their Regional Office staff will review your application, scan your fingerprints, take your photograph, and process your payment. You should confirm with them that as a non-resident that you can apply in person. There is one at 230 Bal Harbor Boulevard, Suite 112 - Concealed Weapon or Firearm License, Punta Gorda, Florida 33950.

I believe there have been posts by other NJGF members that they have done this. You can read the requirements here http://licgweb.doacs...nstructions.pdf

I guess I could just go to GFH as they are only a few min from my house and at least it will be done and I wont have to worry about getting to the Regional Office when I get to FL. Thanks for the info!

It's dry as hell down here. Walmart looked like it got robbed and Gunrunners had a handful of guns in stock and pretty much no ammo. We are going to try again on Monday a few more places.

Whereabouts did you go in NC? Have any better luck?

I'm headed down to Brunswick County NC shortly and will be shopping while I am there. I am also headed to the Ft. Myers, FL area and will be shopping there also.